Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 26, 2006

Old     (mrm2083)      Join Date: Nov 2005       10-23-2006, 8:45 PM Reply   
here are some pics of the new csx center console in the bahamas

http://www.mastercraft.com/themes/mc/en/images/news/Blue_CSX_DOck.jpg

http://www.mastercraft.com/themes/mc/en/images/news/Red_CSX_TowerDock.jpg
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-23-2006, 8:53 PM Reply   
not a boat i would take out of the intracoastal on anything but the calmest day
Old     (c640947)      Join Date: Jan 2005       10-24-2006, 9:50 AM Reply   
I see the 07 tower on there - I guess it is for sure in the lineup for 07 then?
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       10-24-2006, 10:19 AM Reply   
Why is that Tim? I have taken boats that size in rough weather to the Bahamas before. Plus, supposedly, that thing handles 4-6 ft seas well. I dont think I would like to be in it when the seas get over 6' though. Hell, if it can get out of the Ft Pierce Inlet, it should make the rest of the trip fine.

(Message edited by byrd on October 24, 2006)

(Message edited by byrd on October 24, 2006)
Old     (c640947)      Join Date: Jan 2005       10-24-2006, 10:24 AM Reply   
looks like an x-45 hull - nose is angled slightly down maybe?
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-24-2006, 11:27 AM Reply   
the nose of the boat is too low. go out in 4-6 ft and then cut the engine and you'll get swamped.

would you take a bay boat to the Bahamas?
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-24-2006, 11:28 AM Reply   
also there is a reason that most center consoles have the console towards the back, you'll get pounded trying to stand up in that thing going over waves
Old     (projectely4)      Join Date: Apr 2003       10-24-2006, 1:55 PM Reply   
Tim how about you actually demo the boat in 4-6 feet of seas and experience the boat yourself before making asumptions because im pretty sure you haven't been in this boat before.

so why dont you comment on something you know about instead of making stuff up
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-24-2006, 2:09 PM Reply   
Billy,

Regardless of the boat, have you ever been out in legit 4-6 foot seas? Even a fantastic sea-going boat like my coworker's 28 foot Pursuit, that has very high gunwhales in the front, takes water over the bow occasionally. Why don't YOU take that boat in 4-6ft seas, and then report back at how 'well' it handled it. Don't forget to drift and troll for a few hours too, to get the full experience.

There is a reason most boats in a certain application share similar designs.

This is an Intracoasta/Bay boat, that would work well in Sarasota.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-24-2006, 2:12 PM Reply   
BTW, my boat would surely be swamped far before this boat would, so not really a case of ownership goggles here.

Also, I do really enjoy riding on my buddy's Xstar, but even on a glassy lake, one has to be cautious not to take water over the front.
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       10-24-2006, 2:19 PM Reply   
that boat takes me for a ride on the lolercoaster everytime i see it.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       10-24-2006, 6:08 PM Reply   
I have been in legit 10-12 ft seas in the Gulf Stream and we got pounded in my friends 30' Hydrocat crossing back from the Bahamas, and I would not do that in this boat. But I'd still like to try the boat out before I say what it can and can not do well. BTW, You might think you look funny wakeboarding behind that boat, Madchild, but that boat might throw a wake bigger than the stock wake on your Malibu.
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       10-24-2006, 7:33 PM Reply   
byrd, just about anything will throw a wake bigger than mine stock. i think you'd have to be a total n00b not to know that.

and no, i wasn't implying that. i was stating how goofy the entire concept of that boat is. if xstar are notorious for taking bow dips, then i would hate to be on that thing in the open ocean. having been fishing in the ocean many a time, that thing is a bad idea.
Old     (projectely4)      Join Date: Apr 2003       10-24-2006, 7:35 PM Reply   
Tim,
I would totally agree this boat is made for the intracoastal. I have had my 04 xstar in the manatee river and all around the waterways in sarasota and it handled the water very well and wasn't designed for that kind of boating so i cant wait to see what this boat can offer.

Im justs saying until you experience the boat yourself or see videos off it we cant really say what are the limits of the boat.
Old     (liveoz)      Join Date: May 2002       10-24-2006, 10:17 PM Reply   
I am amazed at how much of this concept boat from 2002 has been incorporated into the X series.Upload

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://media.popularmechanics.com/images/xtrex-sm.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.popularmechanics.com/outdoors/boating/1277126.html&h=195&w=250&sz=18&hl=en&start=30&tbni d=o6uxEQ4COgMluM:&tbnh=87&tbnw=111&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dconcept%2B%2Bboat%26start%3D20%26ndsp %3D20%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DN
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       10-24-2006, 10:40 PM Reply   
I remember that article.
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-24-2006, 11:33 PM Reply   
I see it like this...

1. That boat might be fine for a very small % of people.

2. It doesn't follow the tradional design of boats made to go in the ocean so it won't do well in anything but calm conditions.

3. People with ownership goggles on are going to back this boat and argue why its so great...Oh wait, thats already started

4. This thread will get like all the others, way too long, full of stupid remarks, and waste everyones time who reads it

With all that said...post on!
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       10-25-2006, 6:27 AM Reply   
Manchild, I'm not familiar with Malibu's. I have been fortunate enough to ride behind MC's and CC's for the last 5 years, and have never riden behind any malibu except an 06 Wakesetter. So, lack of knowledge regarding malibu's doesnt make me a n00b.

The point I'm trying to make is to wait and see what this boat will do or not do before you jump on the "Pro" or "Anti" Mastercraft bandwagon. To do so before would be pure ignorance....

(Message edited by byrd on October 25, 2006)
Old     (mrm2083)      Join Date: Nov 2005       10-25-2006, 7:12 AM Reply   
I think this boat is a great idea and not because I own a mastercraft. I have an x2 that I use in the bay and need to take like a 15 minute ride to get to my riding spot. That ride is a pain on anything but a perfect day. This boat isn't gonna be an ocean boat, I have a feeling it will be for people like me. A deep enough v to be able to ride around the bay perfectly. I used to use a center console and it just made life so much easier but it sucked for wakeboarding. So for someone like me this is the perfect mix of both worlds what more could you want. I think this boat is designed for a limited market but ther is a market
Old     (projectely4)      Join Date: Apr 2003       10-25-2006, 8:19 AM Reply   
Patrick maybe this design is better than a traditional design for the ocean.

Its a new design and idea and people are already making judgements on it when they haven't ever experienced it.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-25-2006, 8:38 AM Reply   
I have been in the CSX and its awesome!!! CSX means cross sport extreme. It handles big water better than any other Wakeboat on the market. Yes I said wakeboat it has 1000lbs of factory ballast and a wake that is probably in the top wakes of MC. It also has a livewell option with a livewell pump for livewells. Not to be confused with ballast pumps. I know some Supra owners got livewell pumps, from the factory, for ballast pumps, however this is not the case here, ballast pumps for ballast and livewell pumps for livewells. This is a brand new hull not a renamed Xstar or 45. It also will be sold primarily in areas with big lakes, Powell,Havasu etc.as well as intercoastal communities. Its available with a tower or T Top. So for all you guys saying "I wouldnt cross the ocean in that thing" I dont think MC was planning to advertise this against Grady White or Fountain by any means, but I would take my chances in the CSX before any other 22Ft wakeboat . I think most of you probably would spout your negative comments towards any company that came out with this boat that wasnt your favorite mfg. I would almost bet your the same guys that said "what the hell is MC thinking with that pickle fork" back in 03, probably called it "goofy" as well. Does your favorite company now have a picklefork for 07? Anyway I get my info from a a good source and not the neighbor kid. Oh and by the way MC sure was crazy when they took a boat to the first wakeboard X Games in Rhode Island in 97 !!!! What are they thinking!! The goofy bastards. Peace

(Message edited by woreout on October 25, 2006)
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-25-2006, 8:53 AM Reply   
Manny, I agree with you 100%

Billy e, you obviously have never been out on the ocean, maybe the gulf on a calm day.

Billy(woreout) no chance I'd take ANY 22 ft wakeboat in the ocean. Thanks for regurgitating all that marketing info.

I am much more 'pro' MC than 'anti' MC. The wake on their xstar boats is probably second to none. About the only thing I don't like is the actual pickle forks that stick out and are only there for styling purposes (nobody wants a boat with a squared off nose)

Again, this boat would be great for situations like manny describes. People who like to wakeboard, but also want a somewhat functional bay boat. Just watch out for the oyster shoals and sand bars because you can't trim up!
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-25-2006, 9:07 AM Reply   
{timmy} said "About the only thing I don't like is the actual pickle forks that stick out and are only there for styling purposes (nobody wants a boat with a squared off nose)"
Are you out of your frickin mind? Do you think 2 other Mfgs would invest the time and money to make their boat a picklefork, if nobody wants a boat with a squared off nose.They give you more room up front for gear and or friends, as well as styling. As far as NOBODY wants them, there are more Xstars, X2s, X45s, X80s and.... their Maristar counterparts sold each year than some other Mfgs entire lineup. Somebody must want them. I am sooo glad you made that comment so everyone can see what a TOOL you are. Thank you very much.

Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-25-2006, 9:16 AM Reply   
You misunderstood what I said.

The bigger bow is AWESOME. What I said is that the two protrusions in front of the bow, the actual "picklefork" is silly to me, because it is non functional. However if you have the SAME BOW and square off the front, the boat becomes ugly, and looks a lot like a deck boat, which nobody would want.

The other mfgs with pickle forks are obviously copying the styling to try to use that association to sell more boats.

Sorry to say, I am not so much of a TOOL that you want me to be!
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-25-2006, 9:20 AM Reply   
timmy your right, I guess the point on a conventional bow comes in handy for icebergs and killing roaches in corners of docks. Tool..
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-25-2006, 9:25 AM Reply   
A conventional boat comes to a point because the V-hull naturally comes to a point.

The pickles on a picklefork racing boat and/or catamaran are from individual v-hulls on the sponsons.

The pickles on the wakeboard boats are just styling. This gives the illusion of a sleek shape, rather than the deck boat look or the old tri-hull look. The boat is actually just a wide v-hull.

Why I am even wasting my time responding to you? I am bored an on lunch.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-25-2006, 9:32 AM Reply   
You really should apply with MC,CC and BU they could really use somebody like you in their engineering dept.
Old     (cweb)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-25-2006, 9:32 AM Reply   
NO MORE NAMECALLING....IM GONNA CRY...lol billy, your son looks hilarious in your profile pic. funny stuff....but seriously, is the name calling necessary???????
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-25-2006, 9:35 AM Reply   
Name calling is necessary when you have the ownership goggles on thick
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       10-25-2006, 9:46 AM Reply   
i meant that the response is a world-recor 3-event tournament ski boat. it throws the smallest wakes of just about any boat.

don't get me wrong, mastercraft makes an incredible boat, however, i'm not hopping on any bandwagon. unless the bandwagon is thinking that boat is a joke.

i'd rather get a grady-white or a parker for the kind of dough they'll be wanting for that boat.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       10-25-2006, 9:57 AM Reply   
My first boat was a MC PS190, so I'm familiar with wakeboarding behind a 3 event boat as well, just not Malibu's.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-25-2006, 10:03 AM Reply   
Ok peace... It just gets me when people talk about things that don't have a clue. Ithink you will see madchild the CSX will be taken seriously in a few months. PWT stop in the Keys?.... (i didnt say that.) cweb thanks for the compliment, my son and I have great times.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-25-2006, 10:39 AM Reply   
Things would be much more pleasant if die hard MC fans would concede to the fact that some of us just might have a clue.

BTW I have several friends that have taken 210's, VLX's, X2's, Xstars, etc into the keys. The keys is not the ocean. If PWT is in the keys is going to be on flat water, between two islands or on the sheltered side of one.

I look forward to seeing how this boat is accepted. Probably better than the fish nautique was since it isn't such a deviation from the current product.
Old     (mrm2083)      Join Date: Nov 2005       10-25-2006, 10:53 AM Reply   
Mad child you say you would take a graddy white over this boat, then you obviously either don't plan on doing any wakeboarding or you plan on having to boats. If you need a WAKE boat that handles chop, is good for salt, easy to clean (lets face it clean up on a center console is much easier than a wakeboat). Mad child your being so ignorant its rediculous. You tel me what is so bad about this boat. Why does someone in my position have to deal with the pain in the ass of yousing a traditional wakeboat in the bay. This is a great idea and i would do any fishing behind this boat, it would be purely 100% for wakeboarding but i NEED a boat that can handle shop so you tell me what someone in my shoes should get. And billy i love the pickle fork but Tim is right it's for styling, if not you'd have a round or square front and that doesnt look to good.
Old     (mrm2083)      Join Date: Nov 2005       10-25-2006, 10:53 AM Reply   
Mad child you say you would take a graddy white over this boat, then you obviously either don't plan on doing any wakeboarding or you plan on having to boats. If you need a WAKE boat that handles chop, is good for salt, easy to clean (lets face it clean up on a center console is much easier than a wakeboat). Mad child your being so ignorant its rediculous. You tel me what is so bad about this boat. Why does someone in my position have to deal with the pain in the ass of yousing a traditional wakeboat in the bay. This is a great idea and i would do any fishing behind this boat, it would be purely 100% for wakeboarding but i NEED a boat that can handle shop so you tell me what someone in my shoes should get. And billy i love the pickle fork but Tim is right it's for styling, if not you'd have a round or square front and that doesnt look to good.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-25-2006, 11:00 AM Reply   
(timmy) said "The keys is not the ocean." Briiiiilliantttt!!!!! You sure have a lot of friends timmy. Hopefully one of them is driving when you go to the Keys. Oh and you might want to hold off on the Fish Nautique statement. There might just be a new one in the works.... Hmmmmmm But i'm sure they would of checked with you first. Hey and BTW what the heck is SeaRay, Cobalt and other runabouts doing putting towers as options on their boats? They are not wakeboard boats that will never be accepted!!!!CRAZY BASTARDS
Open your mind timmy open, open you can do it.
Ya gotta venture out of the box, evolve. 10yrs ago people said wakeboarding was a fad. Now we are arguing on a forum dedicated to wakeboarding about whos Wakeboat is the best one out of dozens of MFGs. Last thing,the Fish CC in good shape brings about the same money it did when it was NEW.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-25-2006, 11:07 AM Reply   
Manny thanks for the pics I think I might have seen you there I will email you direct about that. The Superfly bow also contributes to a little dryer ride as well. The styling took me by surprise at first but love it now. I hated the Porche Cayenne too at first, if you know what I mean.
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-25-2006, 11:26 AM Reply   
Lay off the pipe homie.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-25-2006, 12:38 PM Reply   
For REAL!!!! Chillax dude, calm your old ballz of knowledge down. You're the one looking like a TOOL
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-25-2006, 12:40 PM Reply   
Sorry A-dub, I cant help it sometimes. I am a tool, a rusty old tool.

Old     (mctc)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-25-2006, 1:35 PM Reply   
This is my first post on WW and I wanted to give everyone an objective look to the Mastercraft CSX 220. I had the opportunity to drive this boat on a couple different occasions and talk with guys on what they think about not just the boat...but the wake. The boat is 21 feet 5 inches and is a totally new hull design for Mastercraft. I have ridden in every current mastercraft model and there isn't a single one that rides better than this boat in chop. I also heard Zane say he ranks the CSX 220 wake in the top 3 of any Mastercraft. Considering what most people say about the X-star and X-1 on these forums i would say that is pretty good. This boat is for real, whether you like the design or not, it's functional for a lot of boaters. If you want it to be a fishing boat, order the fishing package, if you want it to be a wakeboard boat order the water sports package. I know i'm excited about this boat!
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       10-26-2006, 2:11 PM Reply   
manny.....so much anger.....

if you want to debate, i think you should calm down a bit. it really hurts your argument when you make it clear that you can't control your emotions; it shows weakness and insecurity in your position.

on a side note: where in merriam-webster's dictionary is "yousing"

(Message edited by madchild1 on October 26, 2006)

(Message edited by madchild1 on October 26, 2006)
Old     (mrm2083)      Join Date: Nov 2005       10-26-2006, 2:22 PM Reply   
You're right, im probably just taking out my frustration of not being able to wakebard due to a a recent shoulder surgery. I normally read these threads and laugh at people that get so mad and obsessed over them. But you still never answerd my question, how would you compare a graddy white to this, does a grady white through a good wake?
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       10-26-2006, 2:31 PM Reply   
if i wanted to board i would stick to the inland waterways like i do now. being from florida, i'm sure you know all about them. if i wanted to go out in open water, i'd get a seaworthy vessel.
Old     (mrm2083)      Join Date: Nov 2005       10-26-2006, 2:34 PM Reply   
In miami there are no inland waterways
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       10-28-2006, 11:14 AM Reply   
there aren't any real [freshwater] ones in san diego either.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-28-2006, 4:44 PM Reply   
Think of all the fatsacs you could put around the center console. Is this boat going to be cheaper than the other versions because the lack of windshield, multiple seat configurations, and simplicity?
Old     (projectely4)      Join Date: Apr 2003       10-28-2006, 7:40 PM Reply   
the other nice thing i thought about with the center console, when you go out without a spotter weight balance is not an issue
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-09-2006, 12:31 PM Reply   
sorry this thread was dead, but on the wake expo photos you can see this boat has a kind of rounded hull at the stern, similar to my thread:
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/387064.html?1162883292

any wake pics????
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       11-09-2006, 12:48 PM Reply   
Any pics of this boat going between the bahamas and FL this past weekend?
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       11-09-2006, 1:41 PM Reply   
For what it's worth.... I hear that thing throws a kickin' wake. Our local dealer is picking one up for their demo boat. I can't wait to check it out. How funny would it look to see someone throwing down behind a boat that looks like a center console fishing boat.

I think it's a decent idea for the active family. Dad wants to fish, the kids want to ride. I wouldn't even mind one myself.
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-09-2006, 1:43 PM Reply   
I guess I have been living in South Florida too long, but I think it looks pretty good and even though I thing the market will be small, it does seem to be a nice fit for a family that does more than board.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       11-09-2006, 1:45 PM Reply   
It would be far more suitable for where I live now than my current boat. I can practically throw a rock and hit the intracoastal to the west of my house. I keep my boat at a buddy's lakehouse 3 hours away because I don't want to get it all salty.

It is a shame that I can't afford a new boat at this time due to housing costs.