Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 19, 2006

Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-24-2006, 8:35 PM Reply   
How do you guys like your boats?

Seeing as they dont come from the bigger companies, hows the quality?

What are your likes and dislikes?

Danny T.
WWW.OKCBoardShop.COM
WWW.WakeboardOklahoma.COM
Old     (hemihauler)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-24-2006, 9:10 PM Reply   
My Cal Pro V is my first boat so I have nothing to compare it to. I love the room inside( large beam), storage and the pure vert ballast, very easy and no pumps. I would say fit and finish is good but not as much bling as high ends. The craftmanship seems great, no spider cracks or spots in the gel. The mercruiser seems to be a solid engine. My big complaint would be that even with the tower folded down, it doesnt even come close to fitting into my garage or carport. I have to take tower all the way off to fit in either. Like I said only my first boat but I really like it.
Upload
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-25-2006, 12:35 PM Reply   
Well thats agood looking boat.

How do you get water into your ballast if they dont have pumps?

or How do you get it out?

Danny T.
WWW.OKCBoardShop.COM
WWW.WakeboardOklahoma.COM
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-25-2006, 12:44 PM Reply   
Hey, I'm not going to lie to you. There is absolutely no comparison to the ballast in the Calabria. By far the most well thought out and simple system available. I just wish they'd give you a bit more, but overall I think they are very underrated boats. There are holes in the transom that open and close to allow water into tanks under the floor. Open the valves at a stanstill and it's full in about a minute. Open them on plane and it's empty in seconds. A killer system.

The B52 23' boat makes a kicking wake and seemed to be very solid. I'm not that into the two speed, just too much going on, but it worked ok. I liked those boats a lot too.

Sangers are the best bang for the buck. Killer boats. Very nice build quality and a great wake without breaking the bank. Also, smaller boats for the most part (unless you look at the V230) so they are easy to sink and get a great wake. Look at the V215 and V210. Those are my favorites, although the D215 is coming up and the DLX still gets the job done.

Don't know much about Sessions, although I've hear great things. I'd be leary because there aren't many dealers around, but they look nice.

Epic, don't know much, haven't heard much. I'd love to get my hands on one to play with it for a while.
Old    bocephus            04-25-2006, 12:56 PM Reply   
Session is Regal Boats, lots of dealers out there!
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-25-2006, 1:02 PM Reply   
does the MB 2-speed save much gas? (compared to other 23 footers, obviously)
Old     (hemihauler)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-25-2006, 1:15 PM Reply   
Yeah thats just how the system works. The only part you didnt mention was the air being pushed or pulled out of the tanks whistles, so when the whistle stops you know they are full or empty. You can also flood each side independently. I also wish it was more weight, but still a great system.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-25-2006, 1:28 PM Reply   
Trace, it doesn't seem to save much gas. It's more an aid to get it on plane. When you are in the low gear the motor is spinning some serious rpm's. A little more than I am comfortable with, but it seems to work. Only reason I don't like it is that on the Delta where you turn a lot sometimes you have to go back and forth between gears to keep the boat rolling. I'd probably get used to it, but I look at it as one more thing people don't know how to use when they jump in the drivers seat (I ride with a lot of different people).
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-25-2006, 3:40 PM Reply   
The 2-speed tranny in the B-52 is not a necessity. It is a lot of fun though, and it makes holeshot unreal, especially with the new Acme props MB is using. MB had some new props designed for '06 and it litterally doubles the performance of the boats. With the new props, we have decided to just get ZR6's in our 23 Teams and no 2 speed, with full ballast and 12 people it will still smoke an LSV or X-star with the 8.1. Also...the high gear in the two speed is your standard gear ratio..all the 2 speed does is add a low gear.. there is no need to downshift unless you want to do a 25' radius turn in the 23' boat (yes MB's can do that without cavitation or chining) Give me a call if you MB guys want the '06 props, its worth every single penny.

Thanks,
Alan Slabaugh
www.southernskiboats.com
Old     (dgarland0)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-25-2006, 5:29 PM Reply   
We have a Calabria Cal Air and love it. We ski and board so we wanted a DD, but with some potential and flexibility. We got that. The quality of the boat is good, although we have had several disappoitments with the Mercruiser engine. (Pic on Profile)

My buddy has had a Sanger since 1995, and it has been so realiable. I have to constantly tell him to change oil, impellor, etc, and the damn thing keeps going. I would definitely rec both boats.

dg
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-25-2006, 10:22 PM Reply   
Sanger owners are loyal for alot of reasons. Just bought my third one, great boats. Main thing I like about the newer ones is the interior and upholstery improvements. Black Scorpion is a nice power-plant too.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-25-2006, 10:23 PM Reply   
The only thing I would say without starting fist-t-cuffs is I don't feel the need to pay for advertising,pro riders, or the name for names sake.

I am not saying my Sanger 215 is better than the others just I don't feel the need to impress others with that, now a days most boats produce great wakes it just depends what style you like.

I won't turn down a ride in others as others are more than welcome to ride with me
Old     (tomcalabria)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-12-2006, 6:13 AM Reply   
The Calabria is the best boat for the buck in my opinion but the Sanger is the best built boat for the money. I just wanted a boat that is like a floating living room and that is the Pro V.
Old    stillstandin            05-12-2006, 9:07 AM Reply   
I own a Sanger...but if I was forced to get another brand..Calabria would be at the top of that list...the Pro V is sick...
Old     (redv215)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-12-2006, 9:12 AM Reply   
Another vote for Sanger. Best bang for the Buck IMO. Ridden behind/in a lot of brands. As others have said they all are good boats. It is just going to come down to which one does it for you. Test drive!
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-12-2006, 10:34 AM Reply   
Iv'e ridden them all, but the Epic and not the 06 MB

Session, sanger, calabria, MB. Factoring in cost, wake, quality, overall boat, finish
Just wake - Session, Calabria, Sanger, MB (05&below)
Finish -MB, Sanger, Calabria, Session.

This may change if I get a crack at the new MB or an 06 session.
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       05-12-2006, 10:53 AM Reply   
I love our Sanger. It love the way it rides and others say the wake is great (I don't care, I try to jump anything).

We test drove the MB Sport when we were looking to buy and I have said it before, and I will say it again, it beat me to death riding across the water, it did NOT pass my "boobie test". We bought the Sanger V215 and I have never looked back.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-12-2006, 10:57 AM Reply   
Thats a good lookin' speaker set-up!

Danny T.
www.OKCBoardShop.com
www.WakeboardOklahoma.com
Old     (tomcalabria)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-12-2006, 11:07 AM Reply   
Renee, I guess I will have to get you out on my boat to do the "Boobie Test." I know that I forgot to do something before I purchased my boat. Now I don't know if I made the right choice. Finaly, I know why Tate is so happy with his boat!! I think "Tate's Breast" past the test on my boat though. LOL
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       05-12-2006, 11:18 AM Reply   
Danny - Thanks, it's new. It's Liquid Trends. We broke the other one which was custom made.

Tom - Check my profile pic, I think I have the right equipment to "test" your boat .

(Message edited by litlone873 on May 12, 2006)
Old    wakestyle            05-12-2006, 12:16 PM Reply   
Absolutely LOVE my 05' V215. I researched, drove, and rode behind nearly every other boat priced from 30k - 50k.

At the end of the day, Sanger V215 (IMHO) was the very best bang for the buck. Word just can express my happiness with this boat, so I'll let a few pictures fly.

Audio by Liquid Trends. You guys completely ROCK.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (pink)      Join Date: May 2006       05-12-2006, 7:50 PM Reply   
love my 06 b52 v23 i switched from a vride and the wake on the mb with no ballest is about as big as the bu fully loaded pluse its just as well built but if you thinking about getting a mb you need to consider a team and get a uniqu color sceme
Old     (tomcalabria)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-13-2006, 7:31 AM Reply   
The Sanger is the best built boat for the $$ but I decided on the Calabria because IMO, it gives you the best total value for the money.