Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Wakeska89)      Join Date: Jan 2011       08-01-2013, 12:12 PM Reply   
There aren't really any cable parks around me, and I get the urge to ride cable every once and a while. I'm looking for a park that I could fly into every now and then and ride for a weekend. Most cable parks I look at are pretty far from airports and require a car or a pretty hefty cab fee. Can you guys name some parks that are within maybe a 15 or 20 min drive from an airport? Anywhere in the US
Old     (mccormickscablepark)      Join Date: Jun 2013       08-01-2013, 12:17 PM Reply   
We have many people who fly in for long weekends to ride at McCormick's. About 20min drive during non rush hour. And if coordinated correctly, there are times we arrange to pickup folks who fly in.

OWC isnt too far from their airport either. Good news is, you could essentially ride both parks by flying into Tampa or Orlando!

All the Florida parks are open year round too

And if you'rea wakeskater by your name, you should check out our Wakeskate Wednesdays. Its been growing and lots of local pros stopping in.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-01-2013, 12:18 PM Reply   
Dude! This is ww! Use it to its full advantage. I'm sure you can find anyone in any region that has a park, that would pick u up at the airport. Most people on this site are incredible when it comes to stuff like this.
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-01-2013, 1:06 PM Reply   
Wake Island is about 15~20 minutes from Sacramento Int.
And there is a launch for the river less then 5!!!!
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-01-2013, 2:09 PM Reply   
OWC is very close to the Orlando International Airport. And Orlando has pretty cheap hotel rates.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-05-2013, 10:18 AM Reply   
OWC is by the airport. McCormicks is in the same town/near the airport. Both Hydrous locations are 30-40 min from DFW and Love Field airports, and 20-30 min apart from each other.
Old     (mccormickscablepark)      Join Date: Jun 2013       08-05-2013, 11:02 AM Reply   
If you decide to fly into FL, PM me. I'll arrange someone to pick you up if needed. Lots of riders also go back and forth btwn OWC and our park so hitchin a ride is very possible.
Old     (Wakeska89)      Join Date: Jan 2011       08-05-2013, 12:51 PM Reply   
awesome! Sounds like Orlando is definitely the place to fly into! Maybe Sacramento too. I'd love to check out wake island sometime. It's cool that people in the wake community are always willing to help others get out and ride. Thanks guys!