Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    star_star            12-15-2008, 8:36 AM Reply   
i have an 08 XStar and i absolutely love it but because of my age and mounting injuries i am making plans to eventually trade for a wakesurf specific boat. however, i still we be wakeboarding so i would like for it to have good wakeboarding qualities also. My primary consideration would be surfing. I would like for it to have the best wave and the easiest (one button?) set up for port-side surfing. again, i do want it to have a decent-good wake for wakeboarding also. thanks in advance.
Old     (04outback)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-15-2008, 8:55 AM Reply   
Star.. I can't believe you are asking this question.. Does Miss Star know? HA
Help Dale Sack the Mighty 30 and see what it does..I got a good feeling that with 400-800 extra on the port side of the X30 and that might be a good answer for you.. I like the narrower wake of the X30 myself..when we have gotten a few folks in the 30 it has a decent surf wave...and will get better with some Sacs... he is talking like he will this winter..
I think beyond that, you'll see the comments come strong from the Centurion crew... Put an enzo sac in and you should be pretty close and the flip of a switch!
Of course, we can set up a trade if you want. I'll finish the Gravity IV install and have mine ready at the flip of a switch! I'll even put a rebel sticker and flag on it for the Trade!
or, go wild and get a X80.. I think I have seen a few folks on here that get a good surf wave on an X45... If you wanna stay MC, I'll say 30 with sacs..
Old    star_star            12-15-2008, 9:40 AM Reply   
i absolutely love my xstar and am in no hurry to get rid of it. it's just that it's for pro level wakeboarders and i clearly am not heading in the "pro" direction. i can see myself boarding until i can no longer hold the handle tightly enough to get up. conversely, however, i believe i will be surfing longer than i will be boarding. i am not holding my breath on the X30 getting integrated sacks, and if it does i am sure they will be sacks only in the technical sense. gotta leave room for all of those sheets, blankets, towels and such. i am not married to MC. What i would want would be just what i described above. I know the enzo is THE surfboat but how does it wakeboard? that is what i want to know. perhaps i can find the perfect set-up for my star and make it into a pro-level surf boat but i have read countless times that it is not capable of being a pro-level surf boat. all of this is for informational purposes anyway at this time. i will probably keep the xstar until i am pushing up daisies.
Old     (04outback)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-15-2008, 11:36 AM Reply   
Star,
My last surf behind the Mighty X was quite pleasant... as long as you run the pro x ballast.. maybe someone will chime in on the Enzo wakeboard quality..
You are correct on the 30.. but at least he is discussing.. i harassed him some yesterday on it!
Old     (ollies_drew)      Join Date: Jan 2008       12-15-2008, 1:10 PM Reply   
The enzo has a great wakeboard wake. It is alot better with the Switchblade other wise you need a little xtra weight to get it big. Also the Avalanche is a great crossover boat. Alot of people say that the wakeboard/wakeskate wake is very similiar to a Nautique. It is very poppy and the wakesurf wake is great as well. Here are some pics on both. That is the only shot I have with the wakeskate/board wake visible

Upload
Old     (ollies_drew)      Join Date: Jan 2008       12-15-2008, 1:12 PM Reply   
This is the surf wake
Upload
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-15-2008, 1:17 PM Reply   
What about an MB B52V23? 2000 lbs of stock ballast that fills in 60 seconds. Here is a pic i swiped of the old 2006 Wetsounds B52V23 surf wake... Might even have a line on an extremely good deal on one too.

Upload
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       12-15-2008, 1:33 PM Reply   
The idea of the B52 filling in seconds is awsome. I'd look hard at one if a dealer is around you.

Here is a pic of an Avalanche running 500lbs and the switchblade at midway '4'. I didn't like boarding without the blade--it's a must, and I love it: Upload
Old     (packrat)      Join Date: Mar 2005       12-15-2008, 3:20 PM Reply   
Which Enzo is the above surfing picture of the 23ft or 24ft?
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       12-15-2008, 5:00 PM Reply   
Pretty sure that was an Avy not an Enzo. I have yet to wakeboard on the Enzo wake, but to my eye, which is totally unqualified, it looks pretty good with little or no weight.