Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-18-2008, 11:36 AM Reply   
Hi,
I have a friend with a 2003 22v tige and does the enzo sac fit well? Right now we are stacking bags and its a huge pain. I know we could get a custom sac, but if the enzo sac fits, it should work really well. It looks like it should fit, but I want to make sure. Thanks
Duffy
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-18-2008, 11:50 AM Reply   
Which side do you surf? The sac will fit, but will only fill to around 1,000 lb's on the port side, and about 900lb's on the starboard side as the under-seat storage is a little shorter.

A few of us over at tigeowners.com did the measurements for the 22V/Ve and got an est. from Fly High for a custom surf sac, and I think it was cheaper then the Enzo. I need to go dig up that thread and see.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-18-2008, 12:32 PM Reply   
My math says the demension would equal roughly 1100#(main 30x25x24 and arm is 54x20x12)on the starboard side and the port side it should almost fit perfectly. I wonder how it will fill with the end being too long. Has anyone tried this?
Thanks

Duffy
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-18-2008, 12:43 PM Reply   
1,100 sounds about right as the V's storage is a little larger then the Ve's

I dont see that the end of the leg being bunched up will really make a diff with the fill and vent on the top of the main section, and the drain on the bottom. Kinda like with the Fly High bow sac, it's a 650# sac but wont fill completely in the 22V/Ve bow.
Old    surfdad            09-18-2008, 1:23 PM Reply   
I have a custom sac from fly high, in my '03 23V. I remembered the dimensions being a bit different than what I could hold in my boat...but that's been 4 years ago and I can barely remember this morning! :-)

I've jammed my sac into the darkside (before getting a darkside custom sac) such that the arm "folded" and it fills without issue, it's draining that was the problem. You just need to help it, if any water works up into the part of the arm that is folded back. I think I remember that folding the arm UNDER mostly prevents the water from entering as the weight of the water pushed down on the fold and helped seal it off. Mostly though, it was a non-issue. My sac has the fill/empty and vent ports on the top of the main body of the sac (positive displacement pump). No problems for me with filling or emptying.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-20-2008, 3:16 PM Reply   
How do you have your tige weighted surfdad?

Duffy
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-20-2008, 5:51 PM Reply   
Not sure about Jeff but we weight my buddys 06 22v as such:

Rear surfside ballast full plus 800#'s in the locker
540 on the floor surf side
both front ballast full
Taps2 at 4-5
Old    surfdad            09-22-2008, 11:59 AM Reply   
Hey Duffy,

I didn't mean to ignore you, I didn't see your post in there. I have two custom sac's, one for the darkside the other on the regular side. I believe that theoretically, the regular side sac holds something like 1,600-1,800 pounds, but my estimate is that I'm probably filling it to between 1,100 and 1,300 pounds. We normally have another 600-700 pounds of people ballast and that's it. Taps on 4 and I adjust that as we burn fuel.

In my experience, Tige's don't like bow weight. It seems to marginally lengthen the pocket, but noticeably knock the height down on every Tige' I'm ridden.

I've never been a big fan of weighting both sides as I've been able to achieve the same results with less weight, by simply weighting the side being surfed. IMO, less cavitation, less fuel consupmtion and it's "somewhat" easier to maneuver the boat.

Upload
Old     (ollies_drew)      Join Date: Jan 2008       09-22-2008, 12:03 PM Reply   
WOW You guys use alot of Weight That is crazy. Must burn some serious Fuel.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-22-2008, 4:45 PM Reply   
1,000 or so pounds is nothing.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-22-2008, 5:22 PM Reply   
My friends 03 22v, won't get up without bow weight, but it would be interesting to try, which prop are you running surfdad? Also his taps is broken:-) So maybe thats why we need bow ballast. I am thinking of selling my boat and buying a 03-04 22v for surfing, I love the fact that they throw great waves on both sides! Awesome surf boats!

Duffy
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-22-2008, 5:43 PM Reply   
The only reason we use bow weight on the Tige is so that the driver can see with it's bow rise. On my Sanger I don't need any in the bow unless we wanna lengthen the pocket back.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-22-2008, 6:27 PM Reply   
How much weight do you run in your sanger? From your profile pic, that boat looks sunk!

Duffy
Old    surfdad            09-22-2008, 7:29 PM Reply   
I honestly don't get much "adjustment" in my wake with Taps...some, but it takes a sharp eye or legs to notice a difference between 1 and 8.

My boat came porped standard with a 13 x 13 and I dropped the pitch to 12. My boat has always favored the regular side, but when I stepped down on the pitch it had a noticeable degradation on the darkside wake. That's about when I bought the custom sack. Even with the custom darkside sack, I still have to add a small fat buddy on top to clean up the darkside face.

It's pretty good on both sides.

Upload
Upload
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-24-2008, 3:06 PM Reply   
Duffy, I run 1000lbs in the locker 370 on the seat 400 on the floor and 500 midship on the surf side then add people. I bury the rail but it's long and clean!
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-25-2008, 9:24 AM Reply   
Your sanger v-drive compartment fits a 1000 pound sac? Or do you fill a 750 ontop of your stock hard tank? I changed my prop to a 3 blade and the goofy wake still sucks! Now I am going to try a wakeplate and if that fails, then I will sell! To bad the season is ending.

Duffy
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-25-2008, 10:45 AM Reply   
Yes and additional 750 in the locker with a partially filled V locker bag on that it's a rough estimate, obviously. In order to get it all in there I take out the back board and set against the inside of the transom. I'm planning on ordering custom sacks from fly hi this winter that I can plumb in that will fit it exactly. Plus I'm working on some lead right now.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-25-2008, 10:54 AM Reply   
Jeff, surprised to hear that about your Taps it makes a huge difference on my buddy's boat.
Old    surfdad            09-25-2008, 11:05 AM Reply   
Hey Haten,

I hear that same thing from folks all the time, and the folks at IS say their trim tab has an effect on their Enzo's. I don't get that on our Tige'. It may just be the model hull with the spray pockets, or possibly a combination of the spray pockets and the different prop, not sure, but we don't get that "dramatic" difference that other folks talk about.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-25-2008, 1:15 PM Reply   
What model-year Tige do you have? Everything I read says the spray pockets hurt the wake. Do you find this to be true? It would be nice to get an 99-02 21v or 23v instead of a 03- 22v. Huge price deference! Thanks
Duffy
Old    surfdad            09-25-2008, 2:08 PM Reply   
Mine is an '03 23V - it's that strange mid year model change so I think technically it's referred to as a 2300V. I wish that I could definitively say that the spray pockets are "the" issue, but I haven't tried to fill mine in. I've ridden behind an '05 24V (I think, don't hold me to the year) and that was the single best wake I've ever ridden. Long, tall, crisp lip, solid wake and equal on both sides. That hull didn't have the spray pockets.

If I had to venture an educated guess, I'd say the spray pockets DO affect the curl at the back of the pocket on my boat, shortening the effective length of the pocket.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-25-2008, 2:49 PM Reply   
I've seen some people that fiberglass the boat bottom, but I was thinking of using a cnc machine to have a perfect spray pocket filler out of whatever I wanted. I could just countersink the bolts so the screw into the hull and wa-la you have no spray pockets! I could then silicone or glue them in so there are little or no edge(no drag) You could even make them out of lead! If you want but plastic would be easier. My sea-doo's have something almost exactly like this. I could get cheaper 21 or 23v and get a great curl out of it.

Duffy
Old    surfdad            09-25-2008, 3:14 PM Reply   
There is someone over at TO.com that did just what you're describing. I think this is the thread
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-25-2008, 3:46 PM Reply   
Well thats more like just putting a deflector in. I was thinking for of having the whole pocket filled with a removable cnc plastic piece. I would be scared to fill it in with fiberglass. I guess you could make it out of anything. I wonder what else is different about those years(1999-2002)?

Duffy
Old    surfdad            09-25-2008, 3:58 PM Reply   
I've toyed with the idea of laminating over the spray pockets, but I just didn't want to negatively impact the resale value. I honestly don't know what all the differences are in the various year Tige's. I'd bet the gearheads over at TO.com can tell you right down to the color options :-)
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-25-2008, 4:08 PM Reply   
Cool, thanks for all your help!
Duffy