Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 10, 2005

Old     (gnelson)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-03-2005, 9:26 PM Reply   
I used my IPOD on my boat today for the first time through an irock connector and now it woulnt even turn on. Does the extra wattage affect it in any way??
Old     (shawnmdarnell)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-05-2005, 4:03 PM Reply   
try holding down the menu button and the middle button at the same time for five seconds or so, and it should turn back on.
Old     (gnelson)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-05-2005, 8:03 PM Reply   
Thanks Marwan, ended up digging the manual out and that was the trick. You just need to flip the top button to hold then back, then your advice and it resets. Thanks
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-05-2005, 8:18 PM Reply   
Can you blow an IPOD?

Nah too easy!!!
Old    hyp3rl1t3            06-05-2005, 9:31 PM Reply   
That same thing happened to my iPod but it ended up to be unfixable. So in the end it took about 3 weeks to get a new one. Glad to hear you could get yours to work.
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-06-2005, 1:40 PM Reply   
IPODs have a hard drive in them, and hard drives are very sensitive to shock and vibe. Those micro drives used in the IPODs are MUCH more tolerant to shock then the variety used in a PC but they can still be damaged. Be careful not to drop it.

An autmotive (or boat) electrical system is one of the most hostile environments that you can ask electronics to work in. There is a very wide range of "normal" voltages and there are major spikes from all sorts of things. A "cheap" power adapter might not be such a deal, as they may not filter out the really damaging stuff.

Don't let the IPOD get wet, I am sure it won't like that.

If the IPOD won't respond, make sure the "HOLD" switch isn't on.

Old     (gnelson)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-06-2005, 10:12 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info Rod. Mine did reset and seems to be working fine but am a little unsure about continuing to use it in the boat. A couple of times the sound would cut out and the IPOD was still on and running. I am using an adapter from Radio Shack that was only like $30 which could be part of the problem.