Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 04, 2003

Old     (lsvlance)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-24-2003, 1:47 PM Reply   
Hey guys and gals....

I'm ordering a Black Titan Series II tower this week and a Titan bimini, but I need help deciding what color bimini to get. I want a solid color, don't want to spend the extra for a stripe.

Here's the best pic that I've got of the interior and exterior colors of my LSV.

Malibu in Water

Let me know your thoughts please.
Old    butterboardwear            02-24-2003, 1:54 PM Reply   
get a navy bimini with two kaki stripes or one kaki stripe
Old     (lsvlance)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-24-2003, 1:54 PM Reply   
Exterior colors show a little better in this one

Left Front
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-24-2003, 1:54 PM Reply   
i'd go with dark blue or black to match the tower. i did some research before choosing a color, and the consensus seemed to be that dark colors block more sunlight & feel cooler underneath.
Old    butterboardwear            02-24-2003, 1:58 PM Reply   
how much more are the stripes? if to much then get a kaki bimini ti hinkk it would look a little more classy if you want that look.
Old     (lsvlance)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-24-2003, 2:03 PM Reply   
We were thinking Dark Blue or Black also, but didn't know if that would be hotter because black attracts the sun....Interesting thought trace. I'm afraid a lighter color like tan would get dirty or show dirt too easily.

Most that I see on the lake are grey like the covers and I surely want something different than that.

Old     (fbroen)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-24-2003, 2:08 PM Reply   
I think the Titan crushed velvet ones look real nice, but have no idea on durability (and must admit I am a little suspicious).

I think a gray one that matches your stripe on the side would look nice.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       02-24-2003, 2:15 PM Reply   
Lance,

On our '03 we got a navy one to match the boat. We had red on the '02 and it seemed to keep it cool. I don't know how this will work but it looks really good.
Old     (ofwc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-24-2003, 2:30 PM Reply   
If they're not going to kill you on price, spend the extra for stripes. My MC dealer and now my Malibu dealer really don't charge any more, and they look so much better than a plain bimini.

I'd get all navy or navy with two zephyr stripes down the middle. I had a navy (MC blue) and gray bimini for a year, and it looked great.

If you're interested I can post pics later...
Old     (lsvlance)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-24-2003, 2:41 PM Reply   
one 17" stripe = $45.00
two 10" stripes = $90.00

Also Stainless Steel upgrade is $169.
Old     (lsvlance)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-24-2003, 2:45 PM Reply   
I just can't get the picture in my head of what it will look like with the Titan Tower and the bimini.

Most that you see pics of are wakesetters with speakers, lights, and racks on the towers and tattoo graphics on the side. Ours will be plain jane, just a tower and a bimini.
Old     (john)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-24-2003, 2:53 PM Reply   
I'd classify your boat's color / interior combination as "classy" , as opposed to "sporty". I say forgo the stripe(s) and go with a solid navy bimini.
Old     (lsvlance)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-24-2003, 3:14 PM Reply   
John, That "classy as opposed to sporty" is what got me an LSV instead of a Wakesetter in the first place!!!

I really like how it looks now, but I want a higher pull point and I want a bimini with a good way to stowe it. The combo I'm ordering is the best way to achieve those desires as far as I can tell.

I tend to agree.....a solid Navy or solid black is the way to go.

Navy would go with the boat and black would match up with the tower better.

I'd love to see pics of any LSVs with titan towers and biminis.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       02-24-2003, 3:21 PM Reply   
Lance,

Here is a pic of a pretty plain VLX with a Titan II. I pulled the tatoo off with Photoshop, but I am terrible at it. Someone could probably match it pretty close with your boat.

Old     (lsvlance)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-24-2003, 5:14 PM Reply   
Cool....Now pull off the racks, the speakers and the lights and I'll have a pretty good idea!!!

That's probably as close to what I'm going to end up with that I've seen so far though.

That Titan II SURE looks taller on that white boat for some reason. I had the same thoughts on the promotional shots of that boat in the water that Titan released.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       02-24-2003, 5:47 PM Reply   
Lance,

Here are a couple I found on MBO. Two of them don't have biminis, but they give you a good idea what a non-Wakesetter graphic Sunsetter looks like with a bare Titan I.

Old    turtle            02-24-2003, 6:36 PM Reply   
All Navy, If you can swing a stripe...tan
Old     (s4inor)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-24-2003, 10:08 PM Reply   
Because of the colors of your boat, get the Midnight blue bimini for sure. If you had a black accent color black would look okay, but without the top isn't tied into the boat at all. It would look like you bought it from someone else.

Also, dark colors do make the cockpit warmer than lighter ones, but it's worth the trade off in time you won't spend cleaning it.

Here are two admitedly poor photochops to give you an idea. I would go with a single Zephyr stripe if I was you.

All blue top:
bluebimini

Blue with Zephyr stripe:
zephyrbimini
Old     (lsvlance)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-25-2003, 6:37 AM Reply   
Hey...that helps me a bunch Nick and Jason....thanks!!!!

I'll tell you something I keep going back to, I'm real concerned about how the bimini looks and how it fits the tower when stowed. I've seen some hanging what looks to be at least a foot below the top bar and in one of the pics above, it looks like it is tucked up real tight to the top bar of the tower. Is that adjustable? Do the longest legs of the bimini slide up and down and lock with some type of clamps. Also, how solid are the clamps on the front bars that the front edge of the bimini lock into?

I'm sorry for all of these (some of which might be stupid) questions, if there had been one of these at the boat show I would've studied them very close, but there wasn't a Titan bimini to be seen at our boat show.
Old     (s4inor)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-25-2003, 12:41 PM Reply   
The Titan bimini has telesoping rear legs so it fits up against the rear hoop when folded, but then extends out when you set it up. It will look just like the blue Sunsetter LXi three posts up with the bimini stored.
Old     (batman)      Join Date: Nov 2001       02-25-2003, 8:11 PM Reply   
Lance, I had a black one on my LSV and my boat was Midnight Blue/Zephr. Looked great and black is not hot. Best money I ever spent! Very sturdy bimini and easy to use once you figure it out. I wish I had taken pics before I sold it. I have Tan on VLX and don't notice difference. You will be happy with Titan! Look on MBO for some pics.
Old     (lsvlance)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-26-2003, 11:32 AM Reply   
Thanks for the help everyone. We went with a solid black one.

Anyone want to help install a tower in about 3 weeks???