Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 07, 2003

Old    sickboy            09-09-2003, 9:14 AM Reply   
Well, the wife and I finally decided to move out closer to the delta, escrow closes on our new house within the week, and we’re moving!!

Question for you Tracy locals, where is the closest launch ramp? I’ve always just gone out to Bethel Island in the past, but that’s still quite a drive from Tracy. I’m not really excited about the prices at disco bay, and Orwood is just too busy. Where do you launch?
Old    jkava            09-09-2003, 9:30 AM Reply   
I'm not a Tracy local but I think Rivers End Marina may be the closest to Tracy.
Old     (blackandblue)      Join Date: Oct 2002       09-09-2003, 9:37 AM Reply   
Welcome to Tracy...we love it here...

We launch at Lazy M...
Shallow and a low bridge to deal with...but the people are nice the ramp is OK. In 12 (or so) years, have never had anything stolen out of my car...9 bucks to get into the water.

River's End is a little more crowded. Close to Fast Water but a very narrow waterway to enter and exit. That has kept me away.

Tracy Oasis...is actually closest to Tracy...just up Tracy Blvd a couple miles. Awkward ramp, close to fast water but it puts you far away from anywhere else in the Disco neighborhood. I personally don't know anyone who launches regularly from there.

A lot of people launch out of Orwood...but it is a good ways away too. If you visited Disco friends a lot that would be the place to go...other than Disco itself.
Old     (load)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-09-2003, 10:35 AM Reply   
We launch out of Rivers End. Nice folks and clean bathroom. Just over $6 a launch if you buy a 12 launch pass.
Old    wicomico            09-09-2003, 11:48 AM Reply   
paying to launch? i've never heard of such a thing! is this a popular norCal location. forgive my ignorance but i have no idea where the delta is or lake powell, i just know my river and the rivers around me.
Old    sonicr1            09-09-2003, 12:03 PM Reply   
I'm in Manteca, and there are many launchs within 5-10 minutes. The problem is at this end of the river, the water is dirtier and the ground levels are unpredictable (I have heard many horror stories about hitting tree stumps in the shallow water or floating logs). Since I found Ladds, I will not go anywhere else!!! It is in Stockton at the West end of March Ln (15 minutes or so from Manteca, maybe about 20+ depending on where you are in Tracy). It is $7, it is gated, and there is security, not to mention a very nice and large dock/ramp. It is close to the deep water channel which will take you everywhere. 14 mile slough is just up the channel (where I spend most of my time, and if that is bad, just keep winding around and you will find glass). Garlic Brother's restaurant and a little diner are close, so you can grab decent food while on the water.

It's a bit further away, but if you are going to make the trek to Orwood, I would suggest trying Ladds.
Old     (kimmy)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-09-2003, 12:27 PM Reply   
You'll be closer so we can carpool to the mountains....lol. Congrats on your new place. Look forward to getting you out for a pull. See ya soon!
Old    sickboy            09-09-2003, 2:11 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info all!

Kimmy-I'm stoked to get back to the mountains soon, will you pick me up on your way?!?haha

Hope you and John will be up for some winter riding, I can't wait to get behind your new baby!!

mb
Old     (kimmy)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-09-2003, 2:20 PM Reply   
Heck yea, ready to hit the mountains on Saturday and wakeboard on Sundays just like last year. I'll get you behind the new baby sooner than you think.
Old    wakelvr            09-09-2003, 6:59 PM Reply   
We are in Tracy and LOVE IT! We are anywhere from 10-30 minutes from the delta depending where we launch. My favorites are Dell's (12 minutes away, and Orwood (28 minutes away). Dell's gets windy and has a current sometimes, but once you get used to it, it's great. Faster to quick water including victorias. We'll be using it a lot this winter to ride. Send me an email if you want to hook up sometime.

By the way, we are south tracy, Glenbrook Estates off of Valpico. Where about are you? If you are closer to 205, then you are 10 minutes closer than we are to the delta....

Best of luck in your new home and congrats!
Old     (cmawsr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-09-2003, 8:41 PM Reply   
just an fyi, dells is now rivers end, so probably won't find much info if you type in dells.
Tracy oasis sucks, don't go there. I prefer dells over orwood because all the idiots that don't know sqaut about boats go there
Old     (rdiestler)      Join Date: Mar 2003       09-09-2003, 8:42 PM Reply   
Rivers End (aka Dirty Dells!) is probably your best bet. It does get crowded at times but, nothing that can't be dealt with. It is a long 5 mph zone but, that allows you to have a beer and fill the ballast tanks, and admire the "scenery"!
Old    sickboy            09-10-2003, 7:44 AM Reply   
Thanks for all the responses. I also found out that Tracy Oasis is removing their old launch ramp, and putting in a new one this October. I haven't been there, but it looks like it's closest to Tracy on a map.

Stef- We're moving into Hidden Lake, which is also just off Valpico, but I think we're a little east of you. Anytime you guys need a third this winter, I'll be there!!

mb

Old     (blackandblue)      Join Date: Oct 2002       09-10-2003, 8:41 AM Reply   
Hey Mark,
I'm just around the corner and down the street from Stef. Woo hoo! Go Southies! Do you mind if I put you on the list for possible 3rds too?

I also moved here from S'vale.
Are you still commuting into the Bay Area?
Old    wakelvr            09-10-2003, 10:55 AM Reply   
Hey, that's GREAT news about Tracy Oasis!! It's about a 10 minute drive from our house.... and I love riding out there...

Mark, you are right across the light (McArthur) from me (and Gregg for that matter). Glad you guys are willing to ride in the winter. Looks like we have a dependable crew to ride this winter and the best part is we get to launch closer to home!!!

If you guys need a third also, give us a call. Ja's having ACL surgery this fall, but will be out and about on the water anyway!
Old    sickboy            09-10-2003, 11:02 AM Reply   
Sweet!!! It's good to know that there are a few WW's close to me, looks like we picked a great area to move to.

Gregg- Yeah, I'm going to be doing the commute. The wife has been doing the opposite commute, she was able to get a nice teaching position at Tracy West, although she was bummed at leaving her old school. I guess I'll be hitting the ACE train every morning, not too bad, I hear they have wireless internet access now.

Oh, and for sure put me on the list of thirds. I'm just happy I can keep my boat at home now!

Talk to you all soon!!!
Old    sonicr1            09-10-2003, 3:02 PM Reply   
BAH... You people from Tracy!!!! :-)