Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (baska)      Join Date: Oct 2012       10-31-2012, 7:39 PM Reply   
I'm a cable rider looking for a new board for '13. I used to ride CTRL Studio'11 and Ronix Phoenix Project'12, but I'm really curious about the Byerly Jib. CTRL had awsome edge and pop and Phoenix did great when it comes to flex, but I couldn't find a board which blends the best of these two.
Everyone describes Jib as a cable board...but cable board as "slider board" or all-around cable board (park&air tricks)? Pressing on sliders is fun, but I'm also looking for some solid edge and pop

Unfortunately I won't be able to demo Jib until April, so I thought to check for some reviews in here Did anyone ride it? Any thoughts?

Last edited by baska; 10-31-2012 at 7:48 PM.
Old     (gotwake133)      Join Date: May 2010       10-31-2012, 8:10 PM Reply   
I have ridden the Jib, its very fun on the cable! Not as much flex as I was hoping for, but was still super fun! Edged really well, very stable on rails, and was solid off kickers. The thing is bullet proof!! I have also heard some feedback from people that do alot of air tricks that seem to really like it as well. I only do a few of them on a good day..

The Blunt is another really good board for the cable too!! It has a decent amount of flex and overall is just a very fun board to ride.
Old     (baska)      Join Date: Oct 2012       11-01-2012, 5:58 AM Reply   
Thank you very much Travis! Which one of them, Blunt or Jib has more flex?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       11-01-2012, 9:52 AM Reply   
I think the Jib has more flex but I agree, it is not incredibly flexible. My only other issue with the Jib is that it felt like it weighed a ton. If I were to choose I'd likely get the Hyperlite Union over the Jib, not as heavy, very similar and only costs a few $ more. From what I hear the Union is every bit as durable as the Jib too.
Old     (gotwake133)      Join Date: May 2010       11-01-2012, 6:08 PM Reply   
I think appears to have more "flex" because of the abrupt rocker when your ride it. If you pick up the Jib it does appear to feel heavy, but when I rode it it felt fine. I really like the Blunt on the cable, but the Jib has a little more surface area for rails. Again, demo demo demo if you can!

I have ridden the union a lot too, its very similar to the Watson Hybrid. A little stiffer in the belly, and softer on the tip and tails. Overall really popular cable board.