Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (kookhead4581)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-07-2005, 2:19 AM Reply   
I DONT HAVE A BOAT BUT HAVE A FRIEND WHOS SELLING A STAND UP SEA DOO. ARE THERE ANY ATTACHMENTS OR MODS FOR THIS TO CREATE WAKES FOR ME TO LAUNCH AND BUST AIR? IF NOT POSSIBLE, ANY SUGGESTIONS? I AM A STUDENT AND DONT HAVE MUCH CASH. WHATS THE CHEAPEST WAY FOR ME TO ACHIEVE THIS? ANY STORES OR WEBSITES I SHOULD CHECK OUT? THANKS.
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-07-2005, 11:59 AM Reply   
Pat- Not a chance in hell to surf a sea doo wake. I'd say your best shot since your low on cash is to just post on here to be a third for someone, I'm sure somebody will be around your area. Just throw a few bucks here and there and have fun. Leave the seadoo at home.
~Tyler~
Old     (kookhead4581)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-07-2005, 4:43 PM Reply   
hey Tyler thanks for the info. well since theres no way i can surf a sea doo wake, is there such thing as to modifying or adding something to it to make baby ramp sections. that way if i cant surf it, ill just bust air all day.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-07-2005, 4:52 PM Reply   
Nope
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-07-2005, 4:55 PM Reply   
A stand up jet ski, are you really kidding me have you even rode a stand up? Its hard enough to not fall over by yourself let alone someone with a line behind it!
Old     (kamakazeboy)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-08-2005, 7:50 AM Reply   
i don't think that stand up jet ski has enough power to pull some one out the water anyways. But if you do, please let me see it.
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-08-2005, 3:12 PM Reply   
dock start can pull anything out but the minute you edge out like Nate said your driver will be in the water too.
~Tyler~
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       11-08-2005, 3:59 PM Reply   
Try putting it on the sundeck of another boat. I think that may work.
Old     (dr_inc)      Join Date: Mar 2005       11-10-2005, 2:19 PM Reply   
iggrin.gif" border=0>

sorry but no, that was a good one
Old     (hawaj)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-12-2005, 12:51 PM Reply   
CAN A SEA DOO CREATE WAKES TO SURF?

Yes if you throw it from an F-16 fighter at 2 mach speed in hope it make a huge splash and you catch that wave in right time.
Old     (cdm)      Join Date: Aug 2003       11-12-2005, 11:38 PM Reply   
A stand up will not create a jumpable wake, obviously, but this one will rip you out of the water!!!

http://www.kawasaki.com/product_detail.asp?product=92&category=4&tag=water craft
Old    surfdad            11-13-2005, 7:10 AM Reply   
It's been years ago that I saw it, it may no longer even be available, but it was a solo wakeboarding unit...I can't remember the name of it now. You had the engine controls in the handle and WHEN you fell a flag popped up and the unit buzzed in a circle so you could grab the handle again. No one rode on the thing, just the boarder, behind. The display ads showed Jerry Nunn busting backrolls or something similar. Does anyone remember that or did they ever ride behind one? I wonder if THAT device could be used?
Old     (hawaj)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-16-2005, 4:12 PM Reply   
I remeber it and I am happy to forget it. It looks so hilarious. But never say never.
I maybe have it in some old WKBing mag.

p.s. look at my post at http://www.wakesurf.net for personal Hover board!!
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       11-16-2005, 9:48 PM Reply   
Just for grins my friend and I pulled each other on our old Kawasaki 550's. It was really funny seeing the looks on peoples faces. I once pulled my friend slolom skiing but he had to start from the back of the houseboat. When he finally jumped in the water it about broke my neck. The jet ski almost came to a complete stop.

BTW going behind a stand up jet ski in a lot of states in illegal...
Old    surfdad            11-17-2005, 5:40 AM Reply   
Hey Hawaj, I saw that post on www.wakesurf.net that's too sick. I also saw the reference to the riverboards manufacturer, what is the deal with the unbreakable fins? Could you can post more details over at the other site?
Old     (badbob13ftw)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-02-2006, 5:01 PM Reply   
back in the day we dry started a single skier behind a 550 stand up .. it was a trip ;)
Old    lan1201            04-02-2006, 7:53 PM Reply   
i wakeboard and ski behind my yamaha fx 140 3 seater all the time. I can do wake to wakes and 360s but there is not a big wake at all. But wakeboarding or whatever from a standup sounds crazy.