Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       03-16-2014, 8:11 PM Reply   
I just wanted to share this with you.
If you aren't making pancakes like this, you're doing too much work and making too much of a mess.
Take an empty, washed ketchup bottle and use it to for the pancake batter. Just use a funnel to put in the mix and the water and shake. Then it's super easy and clean to put them in the pan.
Oh, and if you have extra batter, just close the lid and refrigerate it for later. You can even premake batter this way to save time for a big breakfast with company.

http://lifehacker.com/5256023/repurp...rfect-pancakes

I just made some brinner and used that trick along with this one for delicious bacon pancakes, sausage pancakes, and.... Bacon AND Sausage pancakes!
Just cook your bacon and saus age first and let it rest. Put it in the pan and cover it with pancake batter to make a pancake.
The result is a delicious, near godly pancake with no mess.
But seriously, break the bacon up and do round pancakes like a normal person, those oblong ones are just weird.

http://www.dailydawdle.com/2011/09/l...bacon.html?m=1

Also, for a general tip, cook on a good nonstick pan at 4/10 temperature and lightly grease the pan with butter before cooking. It should sizzle off the pan making a film, but not have any liquid left.

I just wanted to share because I just made some legendary pancakes and couldn't keep it to myself. I would take pictures, but I'm a man, and devour anything with bacon before a camera could take the picture.
Old     (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       03-17-2014, 6:20 AM Reply   
Attached Images

Old     (augie_09)      Join Date: Mar 2011       03-17-2014, 8:02 AM Reply   
Or you could not be a cheap ass with a ketchup bottle and use this. http://www.williams-sonoma.com/produ...27-298603798-2

Also, Cook your bacon on wax paper and cookie sheet in oven, 375 for 20 minutes, do this first, then make coffee and cook pancakes, whole meal will be done in 20 minutes and no clean up besides throwing wax paper with bacon grease in trash and wiping off the pancake grill.
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       03-17-2014, 8:26 AM Reply   
This is true, however when I read about this, I just happened to have finished a ketchup bottle that evening and decided to give it a try. It works good, but for $10 the added measuring on the side to always get the perfect mix ratio would be worth the time saved.
Thanks for the link to that. I might just have to pick one up.
It would be nice if they had one with a slightly bigger, non drip, nozzle that you could use for things like banana, blueberry, or chocolate chip pancakes.

I do like the time saving/multi tasking of baking the bacon and have done it before with good results. I personally like to cook it in a pan though, something about cooking bacon makes me happy
You can also microwave it to save more time, it just makes a lot of grease, so a bowl loaded with napkins is needed for that. I rarely do that and don't like it as much, but it does work.

Seriously, if you haven't tried bacon pancakes, you need to. They are delicious.
Old     (bdew)      Join Date: May 2009       03-17-2014, 2:08 PM Reply   
probably not a good idea to put wax paper in the oven exposed, would work much better with parchment paper. unless you like your bacon to taste like candles.
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       03-17-2014, 2:12 PM Reply   
I use foil. Works good man.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       03-17-2014, 2:35 PM Reply   
Since we're talking bacon try some of this with your Bloody Mary next sunday while cooking up bacon
Attached Images

Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       03-17-2014, 2:38 PM Reply   
and the best pancake mix ever.
Attached Images

Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       03-17-2014, 7:38 PM Reply   
Since bloody marys got brought up, here's my BLTini.
-Two shots vodka (I prefer Sobetski, cheap, good quality mixing vodka) (bacon vodka would probably make this even better)
-Half can v8 or tomato juice, in a pinch tomato sauce works too, just add a little extra vodka to thin it out.
-one strip diced bacon
-one strip full bacon
-one piece buttered toast
-one sprig romaine lettuce, half diced, half whole
-one squirt dijon mustard
-a couple dashes worstchershire sauce
-a couple dashes tobasco
-a couple dashes celery salt
-some fresh ground pepper (preground stuff uses cardboard as a filler)

mix diced bacon, diced lettuce, and all the liquid ingredients, sauces, seasonings, etc in a martini shaker
Serve over ice, garnish with the whole bacon and whole lettuce.
Take a sip and then take a bite of the toast, it literally tastes like a BLT.

I also haven't had that pancake mix, but I've heard of it and hear great things about the lodge. I'll have to stop in and get a box next time I'm in the area.
Old     (augie_09)      Join Date: Mar 2011       03-17-2014, 8:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdew View Post
probably not a good idea to put wax paper in the oven exposed, would work much better with parchment paper. unless you like your bacon to taste like candles.
doh, right right. we use parchment paper. good catch.