Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old    supraguy            05-26-2010, 8:16 PM Reply   
I have an 08 22 SSV and on the way back to the dock the screen said SERVICE REQUIRED. It has about 145 hours, is this a way to get me to take it to the dealer or may there be a prolbem. I have always serviced my boats ... If it is a way to get me to take it in how do I reset it ? Thanks
Old     (ajf4242)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-26-2010, 8:30 PM Reply   
I had the same problem last year. Took it out a day and all was fine, the next day that saying would pop up on the screen so I took it to the dealer they thought it was the O2 sensor and still got it. Needless to say I took it back like 2 or 3 more times and finally they had to reprogram the whole computer on my boat or something of that sort. It's a pain in the butt.
Old    supraguy            05-26-2010, 8:33 PM Reply   
wow thats lame. I have been ridding every other day and ridding good now this..... I hate COMPUTERS
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-26-2010, 10:22 PM Reply   
Mine came on, but eventually went out. I think it goes off after the key is cycled several times. At least that's what someone told me on the Supra forums. If it doesn't go out after that, then obviously there's a problem that needs to be addressed.
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-26-2010, 10:35 PM Reply   
I had the same prompt pop up after 2 hours on the motor, took it to the dealer and it had a faulty 02 sensor. Replaced it and it has been good ever since. If the motor is running with no problems chances are it is an 02 sensor, you should still be covered under warranty for this.

If you cycle the boat on/off in a short period of time sometimes this will also trigger the prompt and eventually will go away. Also try shutting down all batteries and your master breaker switch.
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-26-2010, 10:37 PM Reply   
Andrew, they had to reprogram your ECU.... not really a Supra problem, Indmar holds the fault for this. And the new CAT ETX motors are a little more sensitive than the older generation motors.
Old     (imscarlet)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-26-2010, 10:42 PM Reply   
If its an O2 sensor fault you may need to get a new upload for the ECU as some of the 08 Indmars needed to be re-calibrated
Old     (07launch22ssv)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-27-2010, 6:31 AM Reply   
that message will also appear if the computer ever sees a low voltage situation. has happened many a time on my 07 easiest way to take care of it is to have dealer check it out.
Old    supraguy            05-27-2010, 1:16 PM Reply   
thanks guys will let you know what it is. Goes in on june 3rd