Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 08, 2008

Old     (andrewjet)      Join Date: Jan 2003       06-04-2008, 6:51 AM Reply   
First time my amp ever shut off do too over heating? It is a closed nose Supra. Do I need a fan??It ran about 80%-90% for about and hr..yeah I was at Party Cove, Usually Im all business boarding so the volume is going up and down. But after a hr or so it stated to shut down and It smelled hot, if you know what I mean. Once it cooled off it came back on though. I have a 4-channel Yamaha 2-Kicker 5" 1/4's or 6"?? And then 2-kicker mids. I just cant remember if I ran them seperate or in a series?? Should I put a fan on the amp..or fan on the nose to exhaust the fan? Jet
Old     (himain10ance)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-04-2008, 7:35 AM Reply   
absolutely even the most efficient amp need clean air.
Old     (dubwake21)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-04-2008, 8:15 AM Reply   
I would add a fan for circulation and make sure that there are spacers between your amp mounting brackets and your mounting surface to allow for air flow.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-04-2008, 8:17 AM Reply   
i would first figure out what load the speakers are running in. I don't think you need a fan to run 4 mid/high speakers... Could be your amp isn't stable in that config.
Old     (bulletlines)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-04-2008, 8:09 PM Reply   
I throw zip lock bags of ice on my amps when I'm in party cove.. Stereo enthusiasts' jaws drop when they see me do it, but it doesnt hurt my amps one bit....
Old     (nasty530)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-04-2008, 8:23 PM Reply   
If you do decide to use fans, you will def want to buy a ground loop isolator aswell. I had them on my setup and whenever the fans were on, they would create alot of background noise through the speakers. You can pickup fans at radio shack for pretty cheap
Old     (thesack)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-04-2008, 8:45 PM Reply   
Make sure that the back of your amp is mounted off the carpet so that air can circulate behind it.