Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 21, 2006

Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-13-2006, 6:37 PM Reply   
Since gas prices are ridiculous I was thinking of getting some water ballast back in the boatplus I was going to start towing my boat different places so most of the lead is going to be out for the summer.
There were a few WWorlders that had this bow sack installed in their boats and was hoping for some feed back.(I did a search but no luck)
I have my sub-box under the dash firing forward and didn't want the bag to interfere with the box.

How long is it from tip to tip??
Old    walt            06-13-2006, 6:43 PM Reply   
Say it isn't so Ed !

Hey I've been running two sacks up front (plus a bunch of lead ) and it works really well. One in the isle way and one across the top of that and the seats.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-13-2006, 8:49 PM Reply   
Yo Ed...Run the sack AND the lead!!
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-13-2006, 8:57 PM Reply   
Walt,only for the summer plus we never ride in the summer so no worries for you.

Jarrod,I'm trying to save gas DAMNIT.
Did you get your rear tanks taken out and added the 550lbs bags???
If so,how is that working out for you??

Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       06-13-2006, 8:58 PM Reply   
Ed,
I have the Pro X Integrated Bow Sac installed in our '04 205V. The legs pretty much go back a couple inches further than the seat cushion opening. It's a great product, but you won't get full capacity out of it.
Hopefully the attached pictures will give you an idea of size/location.
Paul
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old    walt            06-13-2006, 9:38 PM Reply   
Good point Ed !
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-14-2006, 11:36 AM Reply   
Personally I'd be a bit scurred having that bow sac in there with all the electronics under the dash area. All it would take is a tin punture and you'd be in deep shizo.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-14-2006, 12:10 PM Reply   
Paul, the check valve looks like it's in the wrong place on your vent/drain line. You're probably pumping some drain water back into the sack.
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       06-14-2006, 12:23 PM Reply   
Trace,
The bow bag vent line is going out port side (2nd pic). The center bag vent line is going out starboard side (3rd pic). Bags fill and drain from same line, separate from vent lines...below waterline.

PM me if you are thinking/seeing something different.

Thanks,
Paul

(Message edited by P-hat in Cincy on June 14, 2006)
Old     (greg2)      Join Date: May 2002       06-14-2006, 2:12 PM Reply   
Don't have any pics, but I put the same bag in my VLX. Works great, but I still have a little bit of plumbing to do. I fill mine off the right rear ballast tank..no new holes for a fill line.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-14-2006, 9:49 PM Reply   
Evan,good point but I already had a few heater cores go bad under the dash and other the getting the boat all wet,it is all good.
Old     (fbroen)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-15-2006, 7:32 AM Reply   
I have a custom version of the pro-x integrated bow sack with longer "legs" to get some more weight in it. Mine runs up to the kick panel (03 X2) and the corresponding place on the passenger side. Also have some pop bags by the kick panel. Am stoked to no longer have to run a sack in the walkway as well (used to run a sack under each seat and one in the walkway).

Got mine plumbed into the KGB pump with a Y valve.

Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-15-2006, 9:05 AM Reply   
What about screws that attach the seat backs and other parts? I am thinking about that sack but wonder if it would get punctured by them sharp screws?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-15-2006, 9:09 AM Reply   
Evan has a very good point. When you "bust a sac" several gallons of water flood the boat in seconds. You would have inches of water where your amps set for a couple of seconds until it drained.
Old     (fbroen)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-15-2006, 9:12 AM Reply   
Not sure how the seats are attached on the Epic, but there are no screws under the seats in the 205v that are a problem. Check for sharp fiberglass parts, would be the only thing.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-15-2006, 9:35 AM Reply   
Jrod,imagine the heater core bustin so bad that it's equivalent to just taking the hose off and even more....That is how bad one of my heater cores was and my amp rack was not hooked up that way at the time(they were lower)and no problems,other then I almost sunk my baby right at disco bay in the no wake zone.

Ohh and Jrod....approx 50 gallons of water would flood the boat in a second which is pretty equivalent of a good wake over the bow....not that I get my boat wet but it's not like the sack is going to pop every time out either or at all.

There is absolutely nothing under the bow seats that would even get close of poping the sack other then sharp fiberglass from the deck plus everything is carpeted in there as well.

not really worried about the sack busting or not,either way my boat will be ok and will dry out.
Old     (shelstad)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-15-2006, 5:37 PM Reply   
Big_Ed
Give me a call tomorrow durring reg. business hrs. and i can go over the specs with you.
Chris @ Barefoot International & Fly High 414-964-3668
I get in at 8 and stay untill 5 central time.
Cheers.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-16-2006, 3:40 PM Reply   
Chris,
Do you have an ext. for me to try b/c I called a few times and it just sends me to the receptionist that doesn't answer.
Old     (shelstad)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-19-2006, 10:18 AM Reply   
ed- You are in Cali & we are in Wisco.
There is a 2hr diff. so give us a call between 6am and 3pm your time.
Our phones are turned off at 5pm Central
Thx.