Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 27, 2008

Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-11-2008, 9:28 AM Reply   
I'm thinking I might get the season started this Thursday. Does anyone know what the water temp is?
Old    kidrik            03-11-2008, 10:10 AM Reply   
I don't think he'd let me.......

Sorry man, I assume you're talking about a "lake" and not Chuck........ (jokes played out, my bad)

No help here.
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       03-11-2008, 10:22 AM Reply   
Doesn't have temps but has lake levels. Lake has taken some big jumps of late to get back to normal!

http://www.norrislake.info/Level.asp

Just throw a drysuit on!
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-11-2008, 10:37 AM Reply   
I have a drysuit that I'll be wearing. I'm also wondering if there will be a lot of debris in the water
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-12-2008, 9:25 AM Reply   
I guess nobody has been out yet. Well me and a friend are going tomorrow. I'll post some pics and give a detailed report of the conditions sometime Friday.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-12-2008, 9:36 AM Reply   
You cant Ride on Chuck Norris!
Old     (dwakesetter)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-12-2008, 1:18 PM Reply   
Paul I will be up at Stardust tomorrow working on the shop, where are you planning on putting in at.

I was up there today and there were no debris on the water, I put my arm in for a second and you should be ok, if are going to bring the dry suite you should have no problems.
Old     (superairdawg)      Join Date: May 2003       03-12-2008, 1:47 PM Reply   
Couple of the fishing sites had the water temp around 47ish at the end of Feb, which is in the range of average water temps for Norris this time of year. Shouldn't be TOO bad with a drysuit although getting your head wet might suck.

I'd be interested to hear how it goes!
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-14-2008, 11:07 AM Reply   
Doug, we put in at Twin cove and basically rode around that area. The water was in the high 40's air high 60's, and not bad at all in a drysuit. No one on the lake other then us and a couple fishing boats.
My season is officially open.......what a great feeling
Old     (dwakesetter)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-14-2008, 11:12 AM Reply   
Paul, I am putting a small shop at twin cove and doing wakeboard boat rentals out of there, let me know next time you are going to be up that way and we can ride together in your boat or mine.
Old     (jdreiser)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-15-2008, 6:33 PM Reply   
Was out on Thursday evening. Water temps were about 48. A bit windy, but you could find good water and there were only a few fishermen to share the water with!
Old     (murraytrip)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-19-2008, 4:11 AM Reply   
Riding on Chuck Norris?......I thought wakeboarding had the same motto as the military...don't ask-don't tell. . Yes Paul, the season is officially open. It was well worth the cold water. Would have been perfect if camp mildew had a spa-to-go. John is looking into it. It's only money John.