Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 27, 2008

Old     (mikegh)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-23-2008, 7:05 PM Reply   
Hi,
Does anyone know of a good place to get info on this subject? I'd love to put a small rail in our local lake, but I'm wondering about legal issues.

Thanks
Old    walt            02-23-2008, 7:07 PM Reply   
My understanding is it's illegal unless it's a private lake.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-23-2008, 7:13 PM Reply   
our lake doesn't allow ones that are non-moveable... but something you can put in, have it held down and pulled out at the end of the day, those are legit
Old     (nickpman)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-23-2008, 7:18 PM Reply   
At our lake, we talk to the DNR and they make u go to their office and actually apply for a "permit" and you tell them what u want to build, where u want to put it, and as long as your cool with the officers, they'll give u the approval and let you put it up. I know mine had to be within 200 feet of the shoreline, but the boat could not go in closer than 200 ft, but since the rider , rides at 80+ feet of rope, u can cut in and hit it.
Old     (watson_134_lf)      Join Date: Nov 2007       02-23-2008, 8:14 PM Reply   
i called mine a water slide
or a swim platform
lots of people have those, but mine was just made out of 4x4's and pvc pipe
i never had any trouble, and the dnr came right up to my dock and talked to me and didnt mention it
Old    sealyon.net            02-24-2008, 8:14 PM Reply   
We had to get a permit for ours, We could put it in the day of use, and had to remove it at dark.
We just towed it to the park marina and tied it up.Also it could not be in a channel.