Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2006

Old    wakeracer_69            08-04-2006, 5:42 PM Reply   
hey guys i am new to wakeboarding just started 4 months ago and just bought my first board. i picked up the 2005 murray 142 and some 2005 murray bindings! i went with the 05 stuff becouse i did not want to spend 700$ on the 2006 stuff. whats the pros and cons on the 2005 murray equipment?

and just to throw one my ? out there!

i have been riding @ 75ft with handle 21-23mph and only made it wake to wake a hand full of times and just beat my self to death all the rest! lol this past week i have been riding at 70ft w/handle @ same speed! and i seem to fly out into the flats! what speed is the best speed for all the diff rope lengths. thanks guys/gals
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       08-04-2006, 5:53 PM Reply   
I hear the 05 Murray bindings are better than the 06 closed toe ones. Cant comment on any expereince for myself, just what I have heard.
As far as your length and boat speed from not making it wake to wake to landing in the flats, alot will change depending on the type of boat your riding behind. Some wakes change alot in just the 5 feet change you made. I would assume from what you have stated is that the wake gets much wider the further back you ride. Hench you reason for landing in the flats 5 feet closer.

BTW---welcome to WW!!!
Old     (briand)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-05-2006, 7:52 AM Reply   
Yea, Kevin is right. Also if you shorten the rope, slow the boat down from your normal speed if you wanna go w2w, because as Kevin said, the wake gets thinner the faster you go and the closer you go to the boat, and slowing down will make the wake wider, so you dont go to the flats, you go w2w.
Old    wakeracer_69            08-05-2006, 9:16 AM Reply   
thanks guys i will try it a bit slower next time out!
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       08-07-2006, 6:40 AM Reply   
dont forget to also pull the rope in 5 or even 10 feet.
Old     (committed)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-07-2006, 6:47 AM Reply   
How's your edging? Are you setting up for the W2W, or just slashing into it? Are you sliding into the wake or edging in? Where's your handle at?