Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 22, 2006

Old     (lyle)      Join Date: May 2004       05-17-2006, 12:32 PM Reply   
Has anyone ever tried riding with these, I have hurt my leg down by the ankle pretty good, thinking about trying to ride with one, at leasrt for a little while
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-17-2006, 1:04 PM Reply   
Dont know. Good luck getiing in and out of your bindings.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-17-2006, 1:12 PM Reply   
3DS bindings..
Old     (polkaking27)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-17-2006, 1:13 PM Reply   
Nevin makes an ankle brace that is neoprene and made to go in the water. Mine fits under my bindings just fine.
Old     (cece)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-17-2006, 1:45 PM Reply   
I wore an ankle brace while riding for well over 3 months. My best advice, don't ride. Ankles injuries can take a very long time to heal and if they don't heal correctly will nag you forever. Trust me! After a YEAR of pain, I had to have surgery to correct mine because I refused to stop riding. Learned my lesson!

Stepping off soap box...

If you are set on riding, the elastic kind of braces don't do much for support. I would suggest getting a T2 Active Ankle brace. I used it over two custom braces b/c they were more comforable while riding and fit in my bindings better.
Old     (deltawake)      Join Date: Sep 2004       05-17-2006, 3:04 PM Reply   
My son broke his ankle in 2004 and sprained the same ankle pretty severely last year. He was off a board 3+ months each time. He rides now wearing the Swede-o braces with double wraps on each ankle. He rides the Torq bindings so that he can get the braces into the bindings. It works well for him. It is simply not worth risking another injury. He rips by the way.
Old     (tonis)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-18-2006, 4:43 PM Reply   
Been 2 months since I sprained mine and I still can't ride! I am probably going to go the tape route when I ride next. Let you know how it turns out.
Old     (juiced4ever)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-18-2006, 8:22 PM Reply   
Tore some ligiments in my ankle like two years ago. I rode with a metal reinforced lace up ankle brace in my binding. It did the trick. But it did take about a whole year before it started to feel normal again. I was riding Collective Development FS02's at the time, so it was easy to get in and out. I no longer rock the ankle brace but it did help when i needed it.
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-18-2006, 8:27 PM Reply   
Last season I streched my ankle and all that other good stuf out when I rolled my ankle over on a trampolene.

Now I wear, kinda like an elastic brace that I purchased at Walgreens or CVS and keep it on under my boot, no problems and it does help a little.

It wont keep you from rolling your ankle, but it does keep it stiffer and straight...

Danny T.
www.OKCBoardShop.com
www.WakeboardOklahoma.com
Old     (bailey)      Join Date: May 2001       05-18-2006, 10:31 PM Reply   
I wear lace up ankle braces in my boots and have for years. I have the unfortunate side effects of learning the tantrum. I get the braces at the local sporting goods store and have my bindings the correct size for my foot in the brace.
I also have some seriously stiff boots that don't "poke" very well but keep me walking without a limp.
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       05-19-2006, 8:06 AM Reply   
If you need a brace for your ankle- I wouldn't ride. I busted mine up last September, and am just NOW getting back on the water. I have landed HARD a couple time and can still feel the pain- be careful man. Advil does not repair broken bones or torn cartilage.