Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       09-30-2008, 9:04 AM Reply   
This seems to be a trick you a ton of people doing these days. I think they look pretty cool. Any tips on edge type and how to throw these?
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       09-30-2008, 9:05 AM Reply   
Kyle Gash's post today made me think of this trick again.
Upload
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       10-01-2008, 10:47 AM Reply   
Nobody? Maybe this is easier than I think but mentally I have a hard time turning my back to the direction I'm going like that and then trying to pull it back.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-01-2008, 12:00 PM Reply   
bump

I need to hear the answer to this too.
Old     (chrishopf)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-01-2008, 1:55 PM Reply   
Making sure you edge all the way up and through the wake will make these much easier because there will be more line tension to pull back around. Can you do BS 1's?

CH

(Message edited by chrishopf on October 01, 2008)

(Message edited by chrishopf on October 01, 2008)
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-01-2008, 9:39 PM Reply   
Eubanks, it's just like any other spin trick. Pull the handle around your body and turn your head to look in the direction you want to rotate, then move everything back. The hardest part is getting used to turning your head to look away from the direction you're traveling in. Scary at first.

You can learn it grabless and keep both hands on the handle at first.
Old     (ryman32)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-01-2008, 10:27 PM Reply   
I've been doing these for long time. I suck at spins but find these very easy. Take a hard progressive edge and wait until you completely left the wake. Once in the just turn your back shoulder and back heal away from the boat. The nice thing about these is you can slowly increase the amount of your shifty each time and still be able to land them. I usually don't even start the shifty until I have almost peaked in the jump

Upload
Old     (ryman32)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-01-2008, 10:27 PM Reply   
I've been doing these for long time. I suck at spins but find these very easy. Take a hard progressive edge and wait until you completely left the wake. Once in the just turn your back shoulder and back heal away from the boat. The nice thing about these is you can slowly increase the amount of your shifty each time and still be able to land them. I usually don't even start the shifty until I have almost peaked in the jump

Upload
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       10-18-2008, 1:47 PM Reply   
I can't spin to save my life, but for some reason, love a good indy shifty and boot them way into the flats. For me, I take more of a seated approach, and once I leave the wake I go for the grab, then just let my body drift backwards. Put the handle behind your back like you're going to pass it, but just hold the grab. It's kinda strange at first, and as Ryan said, you're not going to get turned all the way around the first time, but just let it drift back. Eventyally you will get to the point where you can look at the wake/lake behind you. When you're nearing the water, it's pretty easy to spin back to normal for the landing.

Start slow letting them drift back, then as that gets comfortable, go a little further and a little further. If you can turn your head and look in the opposite direction of the boat, it helps the rotation, but make sure you are comfortable with the drift before doing this (but it does make them look sick!)
Old     (kylepower8)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-15-2008, 10:16 AM Reply   
i cant do backside 180s to save my life but i love this trick. i just do a shifty, and sort of suck my back leg up so its easier to grab. Upload
Old     (wakemandan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-23-2008, 11:13 AM Reply   
I cant spin either, but mine have been looking like Ryan's Forever. Upload
Old     (wakemman910)      Join Date: Nov 2007       11-23-2008, 11:41 AM Reply   
this trick has nothing to do with spinning i learned this before i learned back 180 or back 3
Old     (wakemman910)      Join Date: Nov 2007       11-23-2008, 11:42 AM Reply   
It does help to be able to spin back side though you will be able to throw it bigger and be more comfortable with it