Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 19, 2004

Old    liquidforce7            02-10-2004, 5:58 PM Reply   
I was looking for recommendations on some LF bindings. I was kind of leaning towards the Alphas, but I would just like a second opinion. The Ultras wont be the best though since multiple people use my board and I dont think the memory foam would be good for that. I ride a substance board and its description fits my riding style well.
Old     (wes_can_riders)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-10-2004, 6:28 PM Reply   
ok the ultras are the same except there easyer to get into and the base plate is thicker... the new transit/minx has the fast stance thing but i dont personally need that but there nice... the alpha which is wat i got.. is easy to get into and omg its not nice to have my foot inside... the foot pad is awsome i love them.. buy them!!!! the exo is more like a snowboard bindin i dont like them all that much

(Message edited by wes_can_riders on February 10, 2004)
Old     (wes_can_riders)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-10-2004, 6:30 PM Reply   
heres a pic
Old     (d_o_double_g)      Join Date: Sep 2003       02-10-2004, 7:39 PM Reply   
Todd, what is your price range?
Old    liquidforce7            02-10-2004, 7:43 PM Reply   
Price range really isnt an issue seeing as in the new Overtons catalogue the ultras were the same as the alphas at $199. I really am leaning towards the alphas though. If you give me something better then I would say anything under $300.
Old     (d_o_double_g)      Join Date: Sep 2003       02-10-2004, 7:54 PM Reply   
Todd, I can get you LF's top-o-the-line new Transit binding for $297 to your door.
Email me if you're interested.

http://www.wakeside.com/page/W/CTGY/liquid_force_wakeboard_bindings
Old     (ttuclint)      Join Date: Sep 2003       02-10-2004, 8:05 PM Reply   
DOGG - you got any hook ups with the alpha's ?
Old    liquidforce7            02-10-2004, 8:07 PM Reply   
I appreciate the offer and I hesitate to turn it down, but I think the alpha might get my job done for close to $100 cheaper. Thanks for the offer though, I might change my mind later depending on how long you keep the offer. My season doesnt really start until June.
Old     (d_o_double_g)      Join Date: Sep 2003       02-10-2004, 8:09 PM Reply   
No hard feelings.... it's your bindings and your cash.

Clint/Todd - Alpha's $180 to your door.
Old     (d_o_double_g)      Join Date: Sep 2003       02-10-2004, 8:46 PM Reply   
Basically, I can help you save 10% off from Wakeside.com. They offer free shipping w/ orders over $50. Just let me know if you're interested.

Clint, how long have you been at Tech? Ride at the Buffalo?

Old     (ttuclint)      Join Date: Sep 2003       02-10-2004, 9:51 PM Reply   
I have been at Tech way too long. And never been to Buffalo, just Alan Henry.

and I know how to save 10% at buywake.
Old     (d_o_double_g)      Join Date: Sep 2003       02-10-2004, 9:53 PM Reply   
I spent a few years out there myself.

That's cool, whatever gets you the best deal. Good luck.
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       02-11-2004, 1:56 AM Reply   
whats the major difference between the transits and alphas, apart from the base plate?
Old     (seedickride)      Join Date: Jan 2001       02-11-2004, 7:14 AM Reply   
The Transits have a completely different footbed with helium filled inserts under the heel and under the toes. They also have inserts around your achilles tendon to hold your heel in place. The new camlock binding bolts on the Transits will keep you from ever having to worry about loose binding bolts, too. Both bindings are really comfortable, but the Transits have better hold on your foot, and are slightly more comfortable.

Mike Dick
See Dick Ride Wakeboards
www.seedickride.com
(701)682-5515
mike@seedickride.com
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-11-2004, 7:34 AM Reply   
Mike, how is the left/right flex of the Transit?

That footbed sounds nice. I've still got a heel bruise working from 5 1/2 weeks ago!
Old     (d_o_double_g)      Join Date: Sep 2003       02-11-2004, 7:53 AM Reply   
David, out of curiosity... what bindings were you using when that happened?
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-11-2004, 8:08 AM Reply   
02' Parks

Old     (seedickride)      Join Date: Jan 2001       02-11-2004, 8:16 AM Reply   
I just went and put them on again to see. I'd say that the right/left flex is between what you'd get on the Ultras and the Exo Suctions. For comparison sake, I put a Transit on one foot, and an Alpha on the other, with a board attached. I've got a narrow foot, so that may come into play here, but I had a little heel lift in the Alpha, and none in the Transit. The Transit is a bit more comfortable over the arch of my foot than the Alpha, too. I attribute this to the fact that the overlays are attached differently, providing a more comfortable/form-fitting fit. I really like the new footbed, too. I don't think you'd ever have to worry about heel bruises with the Transit. In fact, I doubt you would with the Alphas, either, but the Transit footbed is even better. It feels just a bit more dense, so the cushion shouldn't bottom out very easily on big air landings, and it looks to be a little thicker, too.

Mike Dick
See Dick Ride Wakeboards
www.seedickride.com
(701)682-5515
mike@seedickride.com
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       02-11-2004, 9:21 AM Reply   
Mike, just wondering I too have pretty slim feet, but quite flat aswell, the ideal binding really is the parks, but the transits appeal because of the material etc so they may not break so easily. So far most bindings I try, except parks, give a slight lift at the front of my foot, where i want a binding to hold the front down fairly firmly.

Hows the transit for this?

Whats the weight of the transits like in comparison to the hyperlite range?

(Message edited by harryhog on February 11, 2004)
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-11-2004, 10:19 AM Reply   
The Liquid Force guys (Kyle Schmidt the designer of the Transit)I spoke with said that the Alpha is designed to have a little more flexibility. That's why the overlay has that rubber strip along the side and to the back. The Transit however does not have this and is designed to be very supportive without the stretch. They both look pretty cool, can't wait to try them out.
Old     (seedickride)      Join Date: Jan 2001       02-11-2004, 11:27 AM Reply   
Harry- I don't have a flat foot, so I don't know for sure if my experience would be the same as yours, but I couldn't make the front of my foot lift at all. I can't compare the weight directly to the Hyperlite line, as we don't carry their products. I compared the LF bindings to each other, though, and the Transits are about 4oz. more each than the Exos, 6oz. more than the Ultras, and 8oz. more than the Alphas.

Mike Dick
See Dick Ride Wakeboards
www.seedickride.com
(701)682-5515
mike@seedickride.com
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-26-2004, 7:21 PM Reply   
The transit is super hard to get into. I had to sell mine and go with the Alphas just because they were so hard to get in. I will say once you are in them they are sweet. Super support and very comfortable. But for the average rider the alphas are something you can ride in all day and they wont kill your feet. The new neoprene type lining is so comfortable and for $199. they are worth every penny and more.. If you buy them at Wakeside.com they give you $20 off your next purchase so in essence you are only paying $179 shipped no tax for them.
Good luck
Old    dbay_rider            02-27-2004, 3:58 PM Reply   
Todd the Transits are sweet and well worth the money no heel lift and great side to side movement without sacraficing support. I wear a 12 to 13 size shoe and tried the XL's and I was able to try them on without lube! Which for me is amazing because I can barely get in or out of very few bindings. Four of my friends have bought the Transits and love them. Hope that helps
Old     (seedickride)      Join Date: Jan 2001       02-27-2004, 8:17 PM Reply   
Erik- I'm really surprised you found the Transits hard to get into. I found them easy to put on even dry with the new inner neoprene liner. It just goes to show that it always works best if you can physically put a pair on before buying.

Mike Dick
See Dick Ride Wakeboards
www.seedickride.com
(701)682-5515
mike@seedickride.com
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       02-28-2004, 4:14 AM Reply   
what are the transits like for getting out at the end of the set? I currently have soooo many problems getting out of my 3060's in this cold whether and need something that doesn't keep me locked in when i loosen them off, still having said this i obviously still want really good lock down when riding, is this too much of a perfect request??
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-28-2004, 2:16 PM Reply   
D O double G (d_o_double_g)

what is the best price you can make me for the 2004 LF ultra medium !!??

let me know
Old     (seedickride)      Join Date: Jan 2001       02-28-2004, 5:41 PM Reply   
Harry- I can't comment on how they come off in the water, as we're in the middle of winter (well, last half) up here in North Dakota, and I haven't been out on the water with them, yet. But, I have had them on without a board, and got them wet. I really didn't struggle getting them off.

Mike Dick
See Dick Ride Wakeboards
www.seedickride.com
(701)682-5515
mike@seedickride.com
Old     (d_o_double_g)      Join Date: Sep 2003       02-29-2004, 7:27 AM Reply   
Wake addict.... $229.95 to your door.
No tax, no shipping, and 23 reward points.

(Message edited by d_o_double_g on February 29, 2004)
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-29-2004, 7:38 AM Reply   
329.95 for Ultras???hmmmm ???
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       02-29-2004, 10:00 AM Reply   
I've just looked at the new LF site with all the bindings. Look at the differences between the transits on Wakeworld and on the LF site. (eg. on LF site: double rivets on the upper lace points, and a clinch point mid boot) can anyone explain which of these two is the actual transit???
Wakeworld transit
LF site transit
Old     (seedickride)      Join Date: Jan 2001       02-29-2004, 10:27 AM Reply   
Harry- The actual Transit is the one with the double rivets. The picture that's up on Wakeworld was from a pre-production model, and they made a few changes before it reached the final production version. The footbed is also different, but you can't tell that from the picture, other than the color.

Mike Dick
See Dick Ride Wakeboards
www.seedickride.com
(701)682-5515
mike@seedickride.com
Old     (wes_can_riders)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-29-2004, 10:29 AM Reply   
there both the transit... the top one is a pic of the inside of the boot (where the curve of your foot would be) and the bottom pic its the outside of the boot (closed to the nose or tail) they have different colours of foot pads.
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       02-29-2004, 12:01 PM Reply   
i doubt they're the same transit version just because if you look at the second picture, the laces go to a clinch in the bend of the foot, in the top it doesn't.
Old     (wes_can_riders)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-29-2004, 1:19 PM Reply   
I talked to Kevin Henshaw and he said they changed some things on the bindings like stitching and lace up configuration... he said him, watson and nacrasson rode them and they had some things they wanted them to change... thats my 2 cents
Old    design_guy            03-01-2004, 12:18 PM Reply   
The second pic is the actual Transit. The one above was one of the early samples.
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       03-01-2004, 12:35 PM Reply   
is that extra piece a clinch or is it just another lace guide?
Old     (wes_can_riders)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-01-2004, 12:40 PM Reply   
lace guide