Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (newwhit)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-03-2014, 8:15 AM Reply   
there are plenty of these boats price range 25000-45000. Surf info about these is a bit scarce. Anyone have any insight in surfing one of these?

thanks
Old     (newwhit)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-03-2014, 8:20 AM Reply   
just found a bunch of info on planet nautique.

any one recommend or NOT recommend these boats?
Old     (smittysusa)      Join Date: Jan 2014       01-03-2014, 8:23 AM Reply   
Nice boat for the $$$$. Great all-around boat.
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       01-03-2014, 9:47 AM Reply   
Let me start by saying my opionion may be a little biased becuase I work for a dealer. That said, it is one of our more popular selling used boats here at the shop. Families love the walk thru transom and honestly every customer I've sold one too absolutely loves it. The surf wave is very clean when weighted properly (as any boat should be weighted properly), but I will be honest and say that if you want to drop the rope and get serious about surfing, you will need to run some extra weight. If you can find a Team Edition that's your best bet becuase it'll come with everything you need (perfect pass, ballast, and nice stereo set up). It's a great driving boat as well. I think the reason you don't see a lot of surf feedback is becuase this is one of the better selling "family" boats or "do it all" boats in the line. My advice, find one you like, grab some fat sacs and a surfboard, and tell the seller you'll buy if it meets your expectations. Simple as that.
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-03-2014, 10:03 AM Reply   
One of my best friends has that boat, I personally love the layout and all the features of the boat. It's a cross over boat so keep that in mind. If you're looking for a pro-level surf wake you have to look elsewhere. We have found that with too much weight it wave just rolls over, we have tried a bunch of different configurations. Its good enough to ride without a rope and we can so some simple "tricks".

If you're looking for a family boat that can do everything pretty good its a very good choice.
Old     (kmac1587)      Join Date: Sep 2012       01-03-2014, 10:08 AM Reply   
Ive been looking at these boats as well. Anyone have feedback how they are for wake boarding behind not just surfing? Ive been told team edition is the best way to go, but is there a difference in hull design between the TE and the standard SV211?
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-03-2014, 10:17 AM Reply   
Kevin have you ridden a nautique wake before? They tend to be unforgiving in my opinion when it comes to the launch and landing. I've had more awkward crashed behind my buddies 211 than any other boat. I personally like a rampy wake and the nautique is more peaky. Id take a x-star, malibu, sanger wake over a nautique.
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       01-03-2014, 11:06 AM Reply   
Kevin there is no difference in the hull. The Team Package only pertains to the options included in the boat. Team Edition is like the fully loaded version and comes with the keyless ignition, perfect pass, factory ballast, and stereo upgrade. If you don't get the team edition, you'll typically find no keyless ignition, no tower speakers, no sub, no amp, no perfect pass, and no ballast. Basically a stripped down version. There are many people on this site just as expereinced as I am if not more, but I have been wakeboarding for over 15 years and one thing I can say is that no two riders are the same. While Nate finds the ramp behind his Xstar to be the best for him, others love the wake behind the Nautique. The older (pre 2007) Nautique 210's did have a very steep wake, the 211 is not the same, it has more ramp to it and is an excellent boat for recreational to advanced riders. In regards to the comment about adding a bunch of weight and the surf wave crumbling over, this is 9 times out of 10 becuase you're in shallow water or have your set speed too slow. Whenever you add weight, you have to pick up speed. I can't throw 2000lbs in my boat and surf at the same speed I would with 500lbs. Keep all these things in mind when looking at any boat
Old     (newwhit)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-03-2014, 1:23 PM Reply   
guys,

thanks for the input!
Old     (SecretSquirrel)      Join Date: Jan 2014       01-04-2014, 9:28 PM Reply   
I wouldn't go with a Nautique if surfing is your primary on water recreation. I'd look elsewhere. Consider one of these brands Centurion, Supreme, Tige, Sanger, MB. At the very least, you should experience a deep-v style hull vs. a standard v hull that flattens out at the transom. Although Tige is a little different then the rest as they run a Convex style hull. Anyways, Good luck.
Old     (newwhit)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-06-2014, 10:19 AM Reply   
I agree. This boat will not be exclusively for pro level surfing. i was just wondering if it truly could be surfed recreationally.

i know deep v boats throw better surf waves, but I am afraid to get one of those I as have beginners and young children to teach to wake board and want an entry level wakeboard wake as well...

thanks
Old     (brichter14)      Join Date: Jul 2010       01-06-2014, 12:36 PM Reply   
The sv211 is the jack of all trades type of boat. Not great at one thing but good all around. That is why it is such a good family boat. Sounds like the perfect boat for you.

And not to be biased towards nautique, you should also look into the mastercraft x10.

Last edited by brichter14; 01-06-2014 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Forgot
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       01-06-2014, 2:07 PM Reply   
I like mine ... a lot. But I also believe mikeski on here isn't so happy with his. Still, I'm not looking to replace mine just yet, and if I did, it would only be to got to a G21.

Here's some video of wake (not my video). And years ago, there was someone in Hawaii with a lime green SV211 who regularly posted wake surfing pics here (and boat modification threads too).

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=712140
Old     (newwhit)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-06-2014, 6:17 PM Reply   
thanks again, guys, for input.

britcher14, any specific year X-10 to look at? I get way confused with MC and how they went from X-star to X-1 to X-10, to X-2....
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-06-2014, 6:23 PM Reply   
Id stay away form the X-10 the wake is super wide and the boat purposes when you're driving it unless you fill the front Sac.
Old     (SecretSquirrel)      Join Date: Jan 2014       01-09-2014, 7:09 AM Reply   
The boats I mentioned will throw waves from beginner to advaced. Don't be afraid. They're not some super duper tsunami throwing surf wave machine unless you desire that.