Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-10-2011, 1:45 PM Reply   
Just a quick question about trying to write off some of a trip I'll be taking...

I had a Vegas trip planned for Jan 11th - 18th 2012.... during this time the CES will be going on, I have a pass for "Engineering / R&D" which I can directly relate to work.

While the trip will be 95% booze, gambling, and chaos I plan on stopping by CES just to see all the neat gizmos that are up-and-coming.

Since I can relate this to work (although not required) is there any way I can write off part of my food/flight/hotel? .... If so what proof would I need that it was "for work"

Thanks!
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       10-10-2011, 2:38 PM Reply   
I'm assuming you don't own your own business...or you would be writing it off. IF you w-2 somwhere, unless you spend alot on meals/entertainment...it's nto even worh the hassle of writing off as you probaaly wont' exceed the threshold ( that's assuming you itemize now)

As far as proof...you dont' need anythiing unless you get audited, lol. there are guidlines as to what you need online. simple stuff, reciept and business purpose.

Just claim a bit mroe on charitable contributions this year it's alot easier and will help you out a bit more.
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-11-2011, 6:56 AM Reply   
I tried to write off my SEMA expenses last year. Who doesn't love a Vegas tax break. It didn't work out to much on the taxes. Adam hit it, Charitable contributions are easy and work!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-11-2011, 7:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Charitable contributions are easy and work!
I've got a few of those so far... with a closet clean-out coming up too... so goodwill will get a nice pile of stuff so that'll help too.

Just figured if I knew I was traveling and/or staying in Vegas for free it would be easier to justify going a little more crazy while there.
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       10-11-2011, 7:47 AM Reply   
On that topic i was wondering if i stopped off say at Tommys or any other dealer and gave a free seminar while in Denver i could write off my ski trip travel? I am guessing I can deduct my air fair and a few other expenses. When you are self employed your schedule C can get a little.... creative....