Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 26, 2009

Old     (wakeitnofakeit)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-27-2009, 3:40 PM Reply   
Does anyone know what it takes to be listed in the boat review. I just saw that a thread got deleted by a Wakecraft dealer, doing exactly what members told me they wanted. I want to pay the man. please let me know what you know.
Thanks,
Dan
Old     (polkaking27)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-27-2009, 3:52 PM Reply   
talk to David Williams. If you want to do any advertising on the site you need to go through him I believe
Old     (wakeitnofakeit)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-27-2009, 3:54 PM Reply   
Thanks,
Dan
Old     (reeszr6)      Join Date: Feb 2009       03-27-2009, 3:58 PM Reply   
Dan that was my post and I'm not even a dealer (and don't want to be). I was just trying to give people that wanted to a chance to see the boat and ride behind it (I wanted nothing in return)and square up some negative attention some people have brought upon the boat brand but now because of those people, they won't give me a chance.
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-27-2009, 3:58 PM Reply   
This was in another post somewhere else today...

http://www.wakeworld.com/advertising/default.asp

http://www.wakeworld.com/advertising/rates.asp
Old     (wakeitnofakeit)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-27-2009, 4:12 PM Reply   
Wow, sorry Aaron. You just wanted to offer people a chance to get on and behind one. I think you should re post and I and any other dealer will not reply. That should do it.
Thanks for your support,
Dan
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-27-2009, 5:35 PM Reply   
Dan where are the Wakecraft boats made and sold.
I have never seen one in the Midwest or south?
Old     (wakeitnofakeit)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-27-2009, 6:36 PM Reply   
They are made in Cali. Right down the road from the alleged malibu closing, I doubt it myself. Go to Wakecraft.com for more info. If you do not find what you are looking for let me know.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-27-2009, 6:48 PM Reply   
Malibu didn't close. They are making boats as we speak.
Old     (tanner)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-27-2009, 7:34 PM Reply   
I think that was kind of his point David.
Old     (deltaboy)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-27-2009, 8:14 PM Reply   
Michael I just sold mine to a family in MO near KC so theirs at least one over there now.
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       03-27-2009, 8:40 PM Reply   
WHAT IS A WAKECRAFT???
Old     (wakeitnofakeit)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-29-2009, 10:33 PM Reply   
What is astonishing is that I ask a question about advertising on wakeworld and the only input I get from David is that the Malibu plant is not closing.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-29-2009, 10:45 PM Reply   
Send him an email dofuss, he is not going to publicly post advertising rates and details
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-29-2009, 11:03 PM Reply   
Dan,

If you weren't so entertaining, I'd be (more) horrified!

A guy owns/runs a website, Wakeworld. Part of the website is a discussion board for sharing community interests, pointers & ideas. You maybe want to do business with the website. So you try to contact/negotiate/close business on the discussion board???!!! Dude, that's like making sales call trying to sell some product to an auto dealership to have them carry your item and walking in and speaking to the customers waiting for their cars in the service area. Then, you seem perturbed/upset that the dealership owner doesn't communicate to you through the customers waiting in the service area. This doesn't occur to you?

Go find the owner/manager of the company, approach directly and talk business. Duhhhh...
Old     (wakeitnofakeit)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-30-2009, 12:04 AM Reply   
I was not trying to contact, negotiate, or close on a discussion board. I was just wondering if any members knew what it cost to have a boat review profile. If I got such information then I would have contacted wakeworld directly. I just thought that David after reading the thread, may have chosen to e-mail the answer privately, but all he had to say was Malibu was not closed, which I had already agreed with. I guess I see it as a customer comes in to my shop asking to buy a wakeboard and during the conversation he tells me that the Yankees suck and all I say to that customer is no they don't, actually I really ignore the customer completely but tell all the other customers that they don't. I think Dave and wakeworld is great for the sport, I just see a little bias now and then.
Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-30-2009, 7:34 AM Reply   
What does it take for you to stop posting the same crap over an over? You are killing any potential sale WakeCraft would have ever gotten from a member here. Give it up dude.

If you want to advertise your brand, pay the site to do so!

(Message edited by aarond0083 on March 30, 2009)
Old     (fatsac)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-30-2009, 7:37 AM Reply   
Agreed
These threads are kinda cheesy. Nacho cheesy.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       03-30-2009, 8:15 AM Reply   
Hey now, I have nothing to do with this!

"I just see a little bias now and then." It's called a sponsorship.
Old     (saceone)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-30-2009, 8:33 AM Reply   
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Give_Peace_a_Chance
Upload
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-30-2009, 9:13 AM Reply   
Is that what that was? I'm not super clear on what you're looking for. Please shoot me an email and I can give you more info.
Old     (wakeitnofakeit)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-30-2009, 9:47 PM Reply   
Thanks Dave its on its way.
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-31-2009, 6:51 AM Reply   
Dan
I went to the Wakecraft site the info there is sketchy. Do they only make a 20' boat? It looked like the rear opens like a CC230 is that true? How long have they been building boats? Is there no Wakecraft forum? Its hard to go against the big guys with a new brand.Its getting pretty old with all the Dan bashing.There is not much chance I would buy one here in Indiana but you did at least get me to look. Spend more time on that website since its your only source of info. Good Luck.
Old     (rob_pitchford)      Join Date: Nov 2004       03-31-2009, 6:18 PM Reply   
Dan

Best of luck in these tough times with your sales. I think you might want to change the way you communicate here on WakeWorld. Perhaps people may be taking you the wrong way but never the less you need to be very careful with the way potential customers view you and your product. I look forward to seeing your add here on WakeWorld.
Old     (shwiezz)      Join Date: Feb 2009       03-31-2009, 7:13 PM Reply   
LOL! Save your money Dan.
Old     (wakeitnofakeit)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-01-2009, 9:26 PM Reply   
You guys are right I e-mailed Mr. Williams two days ago still no response, especialy when my original e-mail was dated 1/19/2009 stated the same question. I guess the only way to get a response from him is to go onto a thread and be negative towards malibu, not that I am. It was Malibu that bought flightcraft owned by David Telling who now owns wakecraft. I would have thought Malibu owners and dealers would support a product designed by a person who played a great deal in their success. My bad. I thought this was about wakeboarding not business.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-01-2009, 11:14 PM Reply   
Hehe, or maybe he's got a life & it got busy the last few days.
Old     (seanmcd)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-02-2009, 4:24 AM Reply   
Dan, I will go on record and say that you are the most conflict ridden person I have seen in a long time. Just amazing how you always find the wrong thing to say, at the wrong time.

Two days and no response, so you jump on the forum and throw accusations in public? At the Administrator of this forum? How in the world does that make any sense, whether it be common sense or business sense?

People are busy, have lives and commitments, be patient. Personally I would just send you on your way if you ever said the things about me that you say about David Williams. he is a bigger man than I am.

Even though as I type this I know it is a complete waste of my time, but I will say it anyway. You have the complete wrong state of mind for the business you are in, you have hurt your product's brand so significantly with the very large member group here on WW that I can not see how WakeCraft hasn't sued you.

You really should find some other line of work more conducive to your unique personality Dan. Just a suggestion that I know you will ignore.
Old     (210hippy)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-02-2009, 10:23 AM Reply   
Seanmcd,I totally agree.Never has one person so quickly damaged the reputation of a company.I just feel bad for Wakecraft.It's not even funny anymore, Dan. Go ahead now Dan,attack me.
Old     (shwiezz)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-02-2009, 10:56 AM Reply   
Shhhhhhh! If you listen real carefully you can hear the train coming.
Old     (wakeitnofakeit)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-02-2009, 10:59 AM Reply   
You guys are right. I should not care that I sent an e-mail January 19, 2009 and have not received a response. I should not care that within those three months I have seen posts and statements from that individual. My theme on here has been and will always be that boat reviews should be fair and open to all boats that fall into that category. I think David Williams is and will continue to be one of the greatest ambassadors for the sport. I thank him for all of the opportunity he has allowed for myself and others.
Thanks David,
Dan
Old     (shwiezz)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-02-2009, 11:35 AM Reply   
Here you go Dan. (I am in no way affiliated with WW. I just looked on the home page.... under advertising)
http://www.wakeworld.com/advertising/rates.asp#Gold
Old     (seanmcd)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-02-2009, 4:10 PM Reply   
By David Williams (wakeworld) on Monday, March 30, 2009 - 9:13 am:

Is that what that was? I'm not super clear on what you're looking for. Please shoot me an email and I can give you more info.

HE stated that he misunderstood your email, asked you to send another.
Old     (phenom_1819)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-02-2009, 4:51 PM Reply   
Dan Dulong: "I should not care that I sent an e-mail January 19, 2009 and have not received a response. I should not care that within those three months I have seen posts and statements from that individual."

$20 says this was the subject of your email to David Williams: "My theme on here has been and will always be that boat reviews should be fair and open to all boats that fall into that category."

I think the fact that you are beating a dead horse... on many, many different threads... might have something to do with the reason you are not getting a response.

To those who believe Dan when he says he wants to "pay the man"...

Dan does not want to "pay the man". Dan wants the man to make the reviews free and all-inclusive to include wakecraft. Nothing wrong with him wanting that. And on the flip-side, there is nothing wrong with David Williams not wanting to address this (It is David Williams' site, after all...). I just want to be sure everybody is clear about what I'm sure Dan Dulong is up to.

As you were...
Old     (wackbag)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-02-2009, 5:03 PM Reply   
Your really a dealer? I guess I know why I would'nt buy a wakecraft....
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-02-2009, 5:25 PM Reply   
If Dan is talking about the boat review section, my guess would be that Dave would have no problem adding Wakecraft to the list. However, I'd also guess that updating that portion of the site is not at the top of his priority list either as the 09 boats have not been added. Running a content driven site can be time consuming. I'd email Dave and ask him how you can help to provide him the info on the 09 models for WC. I'm sure he'd appreciate it if all the manufacturers did this for him!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-02-2009, 5:30 PM Reply   
Yeah Sanger hasn't been updated since 06.
Old     (wakeitnofakeit)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-02-2009, 6:11 PM Reply   
Finally common ground. I would send any info requested. David has responded to my latest request. Thank you David. Only inboard I would vote for you to be wakeboard Czar if the position was available. You see things impartially, which is great for this forum. I am biased towards wakecraft and so is everyone else that owns or works for a particuliar boat.
Thank you for your input
Dan
Old     (rob_pitchford)      Join Date: Nov 2004       04-02-2009, 7:41 PM Reply   
Dan

I would have to say you definitely have one of the most unique "marketing strategies" I have ever seen! I guess just like the stars any press is good press, right? Wrong! Good luck anyways!!
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-02-2009, 8:05 PM Reply   
damn, isn't that like an endorsement from George Bush? No one wants it. J/K Dan.... well, kind of.

Whatever you do, keep posting. Any thread where Dan posts always goes on longer... it's classic!
Old     (wakeitnofakeit)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-02-2009, 8:31 PM Reply   
The best is that nobody that has been on or behind a Wakecraft has had anything negative to say.
p.s. I am not a fan of G
Old    K.B.C.            04-03-2009, 9:42 AM Reply   
p.s. nobody on this site is a fan of you
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-03-2009, 10:35 AM Reply   
Everyone on here has to admit, even though you may not like Dan, when you see his name by a post, you cannot resist the urge to open it and see what he's posted.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-03-2009, 10:47 AM Reply   
Ha! Yea, kind of like a train wreck or bad accident. You still have to take a look.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-03-2009, 10:51 AM Reply   
i agree, i hope Dan remains a lifelong member of WW.
Old     (supra)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-03-2009, 10:52 AM Reply   
Dan,

Tell me this... Why a Wakecraft? Pros and cons in your eyes...

Here is your chance, I want it all!
Show us why you love this product so much please!
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       04-03-2009, 1:03 PM Reply   
What is a wakecraft?
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       04-03-2009, 1:20 PM Reply   
Dan, come on your slacking Lifetime has asked twice in this thread

WHAT IS A WAKECRAFT???

And has not received an answer.
Old     (rbeckei)      Join Date: May 2007       04-03-2009, 2:05 PM Reply   
DANNY where are you? are you stroking your wakecraft.
Old     (wakeitnofakeit)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-03-2009, 11:28 PM Reply   
Lifetime knows what a wakecraft boat is. It his attempt at humor. Rob you were partially correct. It hit sixty here so I went in search of open water.
Old     (wakeitnofakeit)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-04-2009, 12:13 AM Reply   
Kevin,
I like wakecraft because of its features, style, symmetrical wake, and price. I also feel that David Telling has been and continues to be an influential player in the lake sports arena. I like that it is a small company, so that when you call 90% of the time David will answer the phone. The features that come standard are second to none in my opinion. A pcm 409hp comes standard and is salt water ready. David's hull design consist of a revolutionary (patent pending) hydro thrust system, which creates an amazing symmetrical wake. Two people can wakesurf behind it while the boat is going straight with just factory ballast. They do custom gel coating, you get to pick any color combination you want. They go top notch on everything from the taylor made one piece windshield to the Billet gauges and steering wheel. The Pure Vert quickfill balllast system, which fills 1650lbs of ballast in a minute. Zero off comes included. I love the carbon fiberglass spoiler. It has 4, 6x9 speakers, 6 55 watt lights, 2 led down lights, an anchor light, and 2 cutom 105 degree swivel boardracks standard. The sony CDX-hs70ip splash proof cd player/mp3/Ipod player with three remote and a full arc audio system, which includes the following. 6 51/4 arc audio foose design speakers, for 6x9 arc audio foose design speakers located in spoiler tower. There are two Arc Audio amps and a 10" boxed subwoofer. There is a hot and cold water shower standard in the stern. There is a 3 outlet heater, along with heated driver and passenger seats.It comes with a 4" heavy duty blower, 1" heavy duty bilge pump and two 1000 mca marine batteries. The one piece engine cover with Lenco electric lift is great for service. There is twin storage lockers in the stern and a 44 quart icebox in the walk through. 4 recessed pop up cleats, a fuel filler on each side and recesses s/s Nav lights come standard along with hull docking lights. You can choose between a stainless steel Corsa side exhaust, or a transom exhaust. A sport boat tandem trailer with 20" wheels, custom paint & led lights completes the package. The cons would be I wouldn't use it for competitive slalom sking and that not enough people have been given the opportunity to drive and ride behind one.
Hope this helps
Thanks,
Dan
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-04-2009, 5:35 AM Reply   
You cannot deny that the Wakecraft is LOADED with standard features. Wow. I also like how it's set up for easy engine access.
Old     (dppaneig)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-04-2009, 9:06 AM Reply   
I thought they also came with a toilet or is that optional?
Old     (wakeitnofakeit)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-04-2009, 9:08 AM Reply   
optional on the 24'
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-04-2009, 9:55 AM Reply   
Sounds like a nice boat. I'm not in the market, but would love to get a chance to take a set behind one.
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       04-04-2009, 10:01 AM Reply   
HAHA - Got me Dan. Keep up the good work here!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-04-2009, 1:44 PM Reply   
That was a pretty damn good pitch Dan...props. It made me intersted to see one.
Old     (saceone)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-04-2009, 1:56 PM Reply   
wow... a great post by dan dulong? hell is freezing over.
Old     (wakeitnofakeit)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-04-2009, 11:23 PM Reply   
Thank-you gentlemen.
Old     (supra)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-05-2009, 9:24 PM Reply   
See how it works... 409 Standard... Nice! How much?
Old     (wakeitnofakeit)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-05-2009, 10:00 PM Reply   
Kevin,
The price will fluctuate between dealers, not a lot, but some have more overhead, while others have to transport further. I would recommend you call David directly to see what he would offer. I would say when all said in Done you would be between 60-70. That is for the ZR9 with the 409 and spoiler tower. You could probably get the one with the 343pcm and standard tower around 50. These are not quotes, so don't hold me to them. In this market I would bring any reasonable offer to the table.