Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (CTXxRoss)      Join Date: Apr 2013       04-20-2013, 5:20 PM Reply   
Ok yall... Names Ross and I just bought a 2000 Moomba Kamberra with what I assume is the factory tower on it. I guess its just aluminum but its filthy and dull and i know its oxidized and that its just gonna go right back to that look but what can I use to clean it up and make it look better? Also, I need to route wires through the tower, I have read how to do the vacuum trick but my question is.. Is it ok to drill a hole into the side of the boat from the inside where the tower bolts to the boat? I know there are already 4 bolt holes there but i just feel like i shouldnt be drilling holes into the boat lol. And last is a question about the V-drive. What is the best fluid to use in it and how do i service the thing? This is my first V-drive. And I just remembered one more... Hydrolic fluid for the trim tab??? What should I put in there? Thanks for any advice yall can give me on the boat and all that good stuff!!!
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       04-20-2013, 10:42 PM Reply   
Congratulations! Welcome to wakeworld you will learn a lot about a lot!lol aluminum steel wool right?
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       04-21-2013, 7:11 AM Reply   
Just fine to drill to route wires. Just remember to use masking tape and drill thru the fiberglass in reverse, then normal. You also have to use a countersink bit on the hole when done so no cracking happen. Vacuum did not work for me so I just used mechanics wire to fish it all through. Not sure on the drive, I need to do mine too. Check out the moomba forum, lots of good help there.
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-21-2013, 2:21 PM Reply   
Anodized alum? Flitz. Ace hardware carries it, as well as other places.
Old     (CTXxRoss)      Join Date: Apr 2013       04-21-2013, 3:08 PM Reply   
Awesome guys, thanks for the suggestions!! The boat also has a lot of calicum build up on the sides, what can I do to get all that off? It was very dirty when i looked at it but the gel coat seems to be in good condition, just filthy. Should I just take a sheeps wool buffing pad to it with some compound or just regular wax? Any suggestions on a good compound or wax? Thanks again
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       04-21-2013, 5:02 PM Reply   
Acid wash. Spray it on let sit a couple it should come right off then wax cuz it will remove your wax.
Old     (CTXxRoss)      Join Date: Apr 2013       04-21-2013, 5:51 PM Reply   
Chris... When you say acid, what kind of acid are you talking about?
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       04-21-2013, 6:43 PM Reply   
Typical boat wash acids. Either muriatic acid or oxalic acid. Don't let it touch anything metal though as it will etch it(trailer, rails, stainless, etc.)
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       04-21-2013, 7:45 PM Reply   
Brand new! Ocillic is better IMO.