Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (flboarder)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-27-2009, 2:00 PM Reply   
Hey guys I was wondering if there are any wakeboard video companies located in Orlando, FL or Tampa, FL and if you had the names that would be awesome. Thanks
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-27-2009, 2:07 PM Reply   
most are independent contractors and freelancers.
Old     (flboarder)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-27-2009, 2:12 PM Reply   
Do you have any websites or contact info for any of them?
Old     (brinks)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-27-2009, 3:34 PM Reply   
There is no one company out here that shoots wake. Like Joe says all independent video makers. With that being said

Brett Brinkerhoff
www.brettbrinkerhoff.com

Sean Kilgus
www.bfyproductions.com

Collin Harrington
http://vimeo.com/user1395134

Norbi Vasko
http://vimeo.com/norbiv

and there are plenty more if you just look around.
What are you looking for?
Old     (flboarder)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-27-2009, 3:48 PM Reply   
Thanks a lot Brinks, I just got my AS degree in Digital Media Production and am really interested in wakeboarding videos and was just looking for people that I could possibly help out and get some experience myself.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-27-2009, 3:54 PM Reply   
if you're wanting to make wake vids as your source of income, i hope you have plans for a 2nd and/or 3rd job.
Old     (brinks)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-27-2009, 3:56 PM Reply   
Where did you go to school? Do you have any of your own camera gear and what kind? Your best bet is just to go up to Owc and shoot, shoot and shoot some more. Lots of practice and get a vimeo account to start posting videos.
Old     (brinks)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-27-2009, 4:00 PM Reply   
Joe is right on the money with that one. Haha!
Old     (flboarder)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-27-2009, 4:02 PM Reply   
Went to school at Valencia. I have a Canon GL2 and final cut pro and a nikon D80 for stills. Working on getting a grant right now to be able to afford a Panasonic HVX200 and some new lens for the camera. Actually starting up my own business for video/photo stuff. You can check out my site at yourworldstudios.com
Old     (flboarder)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-27-2009, 4:06 PM Reply   
I hear ya on that one Joe no plans for making money with wakeboarding videos anytime soon. I just want to get some experience.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       10-28-2009, 9:32 AM Reply   
Maybe even a 4th job if you plan to buy gear!
Old     (hypoxic_films)      Join Date: Dec 2003       10-28-2009, 12:55 PM Reply   
Chariie,

I wouldn't let those comments defer you from the wake industry. There is a larger than perceived group of individuals working in the industry publishing media full time.

It just takes dedication, and making a name for yourself.

I would follow up on Brink's links and also consider working with local shops in your area for free to build a resume.

good luck
Old     (liquidvista)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-07-2009, 10:53 AM Reply   
Charlie,
I am currently working on a documentary on the history of towed watersports. I am local and I do need help on occasion. I do not have a budget but you can get some great experience. I am shooting the project in HD. This project is aimed at national distribution on The Public Broadcasting System starting in second quarter of 2010. If you are interested you can contact me at 386.717.2777 or my office email is mrentnem@daytonastate.edu.

Mike
Old     (fiveohfilms)      Join Date: Oct 2009       11-09-2009, 7:21 AM Reply   
im starting up my own wake video company. looking to upgrade my equipment, but right now shooting with a vx2000. it would be awesome to get someone that has the same ideas, let me know what you think

fiveohfilms.wordpress.com