Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 28, 2007

Old     (boarder33)      Join Date: Jan 2006       08-24-2007, 9:16 AM Reply   
I'm looking for some pics of the boat and the wake loaded up. Maybe some thoughts on how the boat comares to others... from the owners.
Old     (texasmasterc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-24-2007, 9:26 AM Reply   
No and never ask.

Here was the last trainwreck of a post.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/459920.html
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-24-2007, 10:15 AM Reply   
well the good news i just started a little vacation this morning and im off work for the next 2 weeks. so im going to get some cold beers in the fridge and everything i need to bbq tonight. then charge my lap top and find a nice comfy chair.

seriously lets just quit this thread while we are ahead because i dont have enough tylenol to get through it.
Old     (boarder33)      Join Date: Jan 2006       08-24-2007, 10:19 AM Reply   
Wow, that thread was ugly. Please... do not post a reply.
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-24-2007, 10:21 AM Reply   
Just out of curiousity.... How many boats have been built and sold?

HAHAHAHAHHAAA....

Just kidding.. dont answer...
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       08-24-2007, 10:26 AM Reply   
I wish there were more Epic threads on here lately...

Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-24-2007, 10:39 AM Reply   
I foresee many of these threads when the temps drop, lol.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-24-2007, 11:55 AM Reply   
wait, so nobody has one...?
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-24-2007, 1:01 PM Reply   
No totally wrong... While anyone that owns a Bu or Mastercrap has the time to comment on these forums while their boats are in the shop getting repaired....

Epic owners are on the lake riding and enjoying their new Epic!!!

I think that is what it is!

All other boat owners are repairing their sunk boats because the Epic swamped them as they drove by!
Old     (texasmasterc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-24-2007, 1:07 PM Reply   
^^^^^^
Oh no he didn't.....

Upload
Old     (guitsboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-24-2007, 2:33 PM Reply   
That train crashed so hard all the lettering got knocked backwards.
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-24-2007, 10:02 PM Reply   
I love Epic threads
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-24-2007, 10:13 PM Reply   
me too, there epic
Old     (wakeboard19)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-31-2007, 2:18 PM Reply   
hedumbazz
Old     (mcelhek)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-31-2007, 5:21 PM Reply   
soooo epic....
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-31-2007, 8:09 PM Reply   
I have not heard anything bad about the boat except from kids who don't own a boat.. I don't know much about boats, but really like the old school look of this boat.. If i am going to spend 55 to 65k on a boat do i really wan't it to be like the others? Lifetime warranty on the hull? Sounds good too me!!
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-31-2007, 8:35 PM Reply   
^^^^^^^

Yep, if your looking at lifetime warranty and that's important, you might want to look at company longevity.
Old     (jpk)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-31-2007, 9:08 PM Reply   
Many inboard boats come with a lifetime hull warranty. That's not special.

But are the others warrantied against getting swamped by an Epic wake? Or getting rattled to pieces by Epic transom speakers?
Old     (wake_pirate)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-31-2007, 9:57 PM Reply   
just stop, or else the Pu$$y gets it!!Upload
Old     (truebeachbum)      Join Date: Oct 2006       09-04-2007, 8:11 AM Reply   
i talked to a guy with a epic and he said the engines are messing up in all of them
Old     (bfwake)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-04-2007, 7:32 PM Reply   
Chase I disagree. I have one. 70hrs and the engine is phenomenal. I am an owner and dealer. This is not how I make my house payment. I got into Epic because I really, really like the idea, and the wake. I won't say it is the best of everything ever but I don't want to ride behind anything else. Try it then decide.
Old     (hal2814)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-05-2007, 6:37 AM Reply   
Oh yeah, well I talked to a guy at Epic and he said the boats would spontaneously burst into flames at 25 hrs. Something to do with buying hour meters from a company that also supplies bomb parts to terrorists. The boat also drinks all your beer and makes drunk phone calls to your sister at night when it's trailered. It also hides your wakeboards and boat keys when you try to go out. Until they get these and other completely unsubstantiated-rumor-based issues worked out, how could I possibly consider buying one?
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-05-2007, 9:49 AM Reply   
Chase, to my knowledge they have been working with Volvo to resolve some of the issues that had arisen in their first few boats that came out. Out of the first few.. the DVS Shoe (Camo Boat) and the other was a local wakeboard school boat with a pink wrap each died due to oil starvation.

The latest was a group of locals that have had issues since day one.

Taking on water.
Bilge always going killing battery.
Lacked power which was due to leaking exhaust.
Missing center skeg.
Just lots of little issues that still require the boat to be jump started each and everytime they hit the water.

Its gotta be something simple.

They will figure it out soon enough.

I don't think there are any more engine issues.. furthermore.. they are always testing new ideas.. new engines... etc.

I know it must be frusterating for any new boat owner to have any issue with a boat when they buy something that is brand new... but it happens to the best of them... MC.. CC.. BU.. not everything comes of the factory floor perfect... they try to... but not always.

Dante, I know you may consider these rumor based issues...

I know the guys here are being told by friends... "told you so" about buying something totall new... or "take it back and make them replace it"... those types of comments... Me included.. I think they should take it back and get it replaced with something reliable... and add this one to the R&D inventory.

Everyone that owns an Epic are trying to help build this company fromt he ground up... they are off to a good start... and have nothing but great things to say...

Reality is... there are going to be some bumps along the road... and you will never get factual.. straight from the mouth type of information about problems... from Epic.. or any company for that matter.. unless it is a Safety Recall type of issue.

Bottom line is... They will figure it out... and patient buyers will be able to buy Perfect Epics...

They have over 50 in the midst of being built... there will be more and more every day!!! Like anything else... experience will pay off.
Old     (ogopogo)      Join Date: May 2005       09-05-2007, 10:12 AM Reply   
Oh the pink "rad Galz" boat...... HA HA. Too bad they forgot about the oil!! And that leaving it at the EL during storms isn't the best idea, makes me sick.

Wondering how the nautique is doing this summer, it still looked lakeworthy last week, but it was on a trailer.
Old     (truebeachbum)      Join Date: Oct 2006       09-05-2007, 3:22 PM Reply   
yea i should have said that epic is fixing the problem i think the boat are kickass i wish i had one
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-05-2007, 9:37 PM Reply   
The local Epic boat.. which was acquired to support the local race track and the Katana Sportsmen Series CasCar Racing... was a 3 way deal... in which Katana gets to sponsor the Racing Series.. and the partners put up the cash to the race track...

Well the boat is out of the water again... which has been a weekly event for the entire summer...

It has not yet been disclosed what the problems are.. but I do know they have been very disappointed with the reliability of the vessel... when it is running... it is the best wake boat out there... the only issue is... it has been extremely problematic...

For $60k... I think minor issues may arise... but issues that inhibit you from enjoying the boat... should be replaced in my opinion... especially when you have 20+ boats sitting less than 5 minutes away...

I don't know the arrangement between Epic and Katana... but I think Epic should go to Katana and ask that the boat be replaced. I think that would go a long way to restore the faith that these 3 guys would have in their Epic.

IT SHOULD BE NOTED THAT all issues with the boat have been fixed FREE OF CHARGE by the factory.
Old    00wakesetter            09-10-2007, 12:56 PM Reply   
Here we go again