Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 19, 2004

Old    cgbaker10            02-17-2004, 4:13 PM Reply   
Has anyone watched the new WELCOME video from hyperlite?, Is it worth pa}yin 25$ ?
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       02-17-2004, 4:20 PM Reply   
There are several comments about the video in this thread http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/98595.html?1077005193

and I think a review will be posted here on WW shortly.

I like the video and I've watched it 3 or 4 times already.
Old     (jonb)      Join Date: Oct 2003       02-17-2004, 4:24 PM Reply   
from the trailers that i have seen of it on this site i would have to say it is. i cant waite to see it.
Old    upupnaway            02-17-2004, 4:39 PM Reply   
Is it just me, or do they spend too much time on the sliders?

Overall, I liked it though. Ruck just gets better and better. I love his smooth style.
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       02-18-2004, 10:18 AM Reply   
I think its great filming, editing, and riding. Although I would prefer some different music. I couldn't help but yawn. But Sidewayz always does put out a top notch video.
Old    goose69            02-20-2004, 9:25 AM Reply   
Though I haven't seen the video, just the trailers. I feel that the idea of individual rider trailers is excelent. It seems the trailers where more about the cool graphic designs they came up with for this movie then the riding. I think that only two tricks was not enought to get me excited about the film. The music was not a big selling point for me either, but like Shawn said Sidwayz always have great videos and I'm sure this is no exception.
Old    bsoto            02-20-2004, 10:03 AM Reply   
I've checked on Sidewayzs'site and there is not mention of how long the video is, if anyone that's seen the movie could post that I'd appreciate it.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       02-20-2004, 11:33 AM Reply   
Am I doing something wrong in the marketing of our Video Buyers Guide? It seems like nobody can ever find it, yet there is a link to it on every page.

Ben, look here: http://www.wakeworld.com/VideoGuide/
Old    bsoto            02-20-2004, 11:51 AM Reply   
Oops sorry about that I didn't see the videos link there, it's been a while since I've looked at the buyers guide. Thanks for the help.
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       02-20-2004, 12:38 PM Reply   
I didn't time it, but it seems like it's about 40 minutes total. It's not a great riding video, but I really like it. It has a good mix of riding, sliders, and off-water messing around. It's a video that is fun to watch and one that I can watch many times, unlike some other recent videos.
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-20-2004, 6:34 PM Reply   
I really liked this film, it made me want to watch it again, unlike some movies, that had to grow on me, good music all around, nice mix like stated above, the bonus videos were kinda hard to get to. shaun murray singing/guitar playin is cool, also has anyone found the "super secret section"?? its pretty funny
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-23-2004, 8:50 PM Reply   
super secret section???? please inlighten me! Anyways murrays singing is the highlight by far. great soundtrack also. the riding is damn good for the week it took to film. the still shots arent too long and the wrecks throwin all around was the best idea! i was amused and thought it refreshing that parks killed the sliders but only landed maybe 1 wake to wake trick, just refreshing to see that. not to downplay his falls, you can still tell hes parks! just my two cents. all in all coming from a fan of both hyperlite and Liquid force id say the two team videos would be an awesome combo. im expecting welcome to be the refreshing something different to watch and relentless to be the 'DAMN did he really do that' video. Later on ya'll
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       02-23-2004, 9:31 PM Reply   
There are 2 hidden sections, chapters 24 & 25.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-23-2004, 11:58 PM Reply   
how do you get to them?
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-24-2004, 1:01 AM Reply   
let the movie play past the last chapter, it will eventually start playing the "secret" ones.
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-24-2004, 3:37 PM Reply   
If your on ur computer its very easy to find the secrect sections, by looking at the dvs files, but on the dvd player, look around in all the sub menus in the hyperlite section, takes a lil bit of time, but its worth it.
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       02-24-2004, 6:07 PM Reply   
My DVD player allows me to just enter in a chapter number and hit enter (after going to the setup menu that displays which chapter is currently playing).

And you can get to them by navigating to the wakesurfers and then hitting down or up and then enter.
Old    blind5            02-24-2004, 6:49 PM Reply   
i really like it, even though there isn't a lot of pure riding in it. i like the editing style, its a lot different from every other vid
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-24-2004, 7:42 PM Reply   
my welcome dvd freezes my computer, i dont know whats up, i dont know how else to get to the hidden stuff
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       02-24-2004, 8:23 PM Reply   
I couldn't watch Welcome on my computer either. Didn't mess around with it too long, but it gave me some kind of error related to decoding the encryption.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-24-2004, 10:38 PM Reply   
guess im not the only one with the error, anyways the trick Bill J(sdboardr99) gave worked like a charm. go to......
1 bonus
2 hyperlite
3 wakeboards
4 to the end to surf
5 scroll down one so the red HL sign goes off screen
6 sit back and watch pointless stuff, we're all human it appears!
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       02-25-2004, 2:50 AM Reply   
there are 2 bonus chapters, since you've seen the first make sure you hit "next chapter" to see the 2nd which includes Chad hitting a slider on a broadcast
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-25-2004, 7:12 AM Reply   
dang, im on it now, thanks Bill
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-25-2004, 10:57 AM Reply   
I seem to be having alot of trouble with this DVD, it wont let me skip chapters ahead for the second bonus chapter. I tried on two different DVD players, any ideas?