Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (imondi)      Join Date: Aug 2010       04-30-2012, 7:42 AM Reply   
V-drive=game changer

Tower=game changer

Ballast systems=game changer

G23 = maybe the sickest production boat made, but not a game changer!
Old     (mikeporter2000)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-30-2012, 7:45 AM Reply   
Agreed, progression is the key.
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-30-2012, 7:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhunter View Post
How much weight does the credentials of a Nautique fanboy carry?

Your opinions? You have no opinion, you are a talking puppet for your favorite brand. Insults and negative comments? Where?

You are a god damn fool. Have you ridden behind the boat?

Matt
These quotes are from the last two posts and two of them are yours? No insults there . Name calling is the last efforts of a loosing argument. Instead of slandering me why dont you all tell me how YOU feel about the G23?
I meant insults and negative comments about the boat; stop posting ridiculously biased comments and nothing more will be directed at you. In my eyes, talking puppet and fanboy are factual descriptions.

Perhaps you should look at your own posts. Realize that if people are likening them to teenage rationale, at close to three times that age you might be in the wrong here.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-30-2012, 8:00 AM Reply   
Hmmm, I don't know if I completely agree with the price is not a factor argument. One one level, I agree that innovation goes hand in hand with increased r&d costs. I agree that, putting cost aside, if a new boat is produced that really and truly produces a bigger and better wake, which allows riders to land tricks that they simply cannot land behind other boats, then that is great. If the G23 does that, then awesome. Color me impressed - no sarcasm here.

Ok, that being said, answer me this: If the only people that ever get to ride behind a g23 are pros, a finite amount of riders at select wakeboard camps, the very small% of people who can afford a G23, and riders at the few touranments that will be pulled by a G23, what real impact will the G23 have on our beloved sport? I guess I'm in the minority here, but whether Rusty, Shane, Harley, etc. lands a whirly7 or a whirly 10 in competition doesn't really matter all that much to me. Does it matter some? Sure, it's just one more thing I'll never do, nor will any of my friends ever do, behind a boat. To me, what would really help our sport would be for more companies to produce a budget friendliesh 21-22 ft wakeboat that actually produces a killer wake out of the box. That way, more every day joes would have exposure to a pro-level wake and would bring up the overall skill level of riders across the board.

Just some thoughts. Not saying I'm right. I'm just flabbergasted at how expensive everything's getting, and how we continue to justify it.
Old     (logan)      Join Date: Dec 2011       04-30-2012, 8:08 AM Reply   
^^ Agreed.
Old     (FunkyBunch)      Join Date: Jun 2011       04-30-2012, 8:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattwake View Post

Ok, that being said, answer me this: If the only people that ever get to ride behind a g23 are pros, a finite amount of riders at select wakeboard camps, the very small% of people who can afford a G23, and riders at the few touranments that will be pulled by a G23, what real impact will the G23 have on our beloved sport? I guess I'm in the minority here, but whether Rusty, Shane, Harley, etc. lands a whirly7 or a whirly 10 in competition doesn't really matter all that much to me. Does it matter some? Sure, it's just one more thing I'll never do, nor will any of my friends ever do, behind a boat. To me, what would really help our sport would be for more companies to produce a budget friendliesh 21-22 ft wakeboat that actually produces a killer wake out of the box. That way, more every day joes would have exposure to a pro-level wake and would bring up the overall skill level of riders across the board.
Chatt I agree with everything here about the G23. I do however think you will see some of the R&D that was used in this boat trickle down into the smaller boats and eventually into other lines of boats if it is successful. That is just the normal progression of products new technology is always expensive at first and becomes cheaper as time goes by.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       04-30-2012, 8:37 AM Reply   
We need more boats like axis.

i love the axis line, the only axe i have to grind there is that they're prices have gone up amazing amounts in the short time they've been around. the axis at 39.999 was a game changer, we need more boats that offer big performance at little cost.

this boat is a game changer because it allows the pros to progress not because it allows more joe shmoes to get into the sport or progress their own riding
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-30-2012, 9:01 AM Reply   
I will probably never ride behind one. But you never know I also never thought I would own a Moomba.
The G23 is a big boat with a big wake and a big price tag it sounds like.
I bet it still needs more weight to dial the wake. But then again all boats do.

MHunter...........I just dont know what to think about you?

Spring has sprung........lets just ride and have fun!
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-30-2012, 10:33 AM Reply   
Matt quote
I meant insults and negative comments about the boat; stop posting ridiculously biased comments and nothing more will be directed at you. In my eyes, talking puppet and fanboy are factual descriptions.

So what are your negative comments ABOUT the boat other than the price? Its no secret that I am bias just like most of you maybe your time would be better spent telling me about your boat of choice? Your opinion of me is meaningless I dont even know you and will most likely never meet you .
If you dont like what I post then just stop reading them ?
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-30-2012, 10:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly View Post
I will probably never ride behind one. But you never know I also never thought I would own a Moomba.
The G23 is a big boat with a big wake and a big price tag it sounds like.
I bet it still needs more weight to dial the wake. But then again all boats do.

MHunter...........I just dont know what to think about you?

Spring has sprung........lets just ride and have fun!
Ill take that bet

Bill Yeargin: It has been interesting to see how people who were not involved in the development of the boat have viewed the wake since the G23 introduction. One respected industry wake boarder told me he would be afraid to have more than factory ballast in the boat. Another indication of the wake is how the G23 is being used in this weekend’s Nautique Wake Games. We are using factory ballast for all the competitors except Pro Men. Even the Pro Ladies will be competing with factory ballast. Finally, you have probably noted that the magazine reviews written so far on the boat mention how amazing the wake is with just factory ballast.

Don't think about me take your own advice and have fun with whatever boat you have.
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-30-2012, 11:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
So what are your negative comments ABOUT the boat other than the price? Its no secret that I am bias just like most of you maybe your time would be better spent telling me about your boat of choice? Your opinion of me is meaningless I dont even know you and will most likely never meet you .
If you dont like what I post then just stop reading them ?
First off, start using the quote icon, easy to use and a great clarification tool.

Second, there aren't a whole lot of negative comments about the boat, that's what multiple people are trying to get you to realize. You are on this defense for no reason.

Finally, I find great amusement in the fact that you claim people's opinion of you is meaningless, yet you go to great lengths to "defend" your favorite boat brand against anything close to a negative statement made about it. Truly bizarre...
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-30-2012, 11:07 AM Reply   
chattwake Quote

Isn't that what the Axis ,Moomba , MB and others are for ? You are right the G23 wont be for everyone and most will never even get to ride in one . Isnt that the same for anything at the top of its game? I have never been in a Bugatti Veyron or F22 Raptor but that doesn't take away from the fact they are the best in their class to date. Maybe someday there will be a better wake boat that the G23 . When that day comes it will not be for the masses and wont be sold cheap.
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-30-2012, 11:10 AM Reply   
Quote:

I have never been in a Bugatti Veyron or F22 Raptor but that doesn't take away from the fact they are the best in their class to date.
New Nautique wake boat and its place in the market being compared to a million dollar car and a fighter jet? Ah yes this thread is now complete. Can we please get an "ignore list" option on this forum?
Old     (mark197)      Join Date: Dec 2009       04-30-2012, 11:12 AM Reply   
THE NEW GAME CHANGER!
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-30-2012, 11:15 AM Reply   
The thread with all those hits gone? Hey Dave, who are you gonna fire!
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-30-2012, 11:15 AM Reply   
^^^^ Ok, I'm calling shopped.
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-30-2012, 11:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattieK27 View Post
First off, start using the quote icon, easy to use and a great clarification tool.

Second, there aren't a whole lot of negative comments about the boat, that's what multiple people are trying to get you to realize. You are on this defense for no reason.

Finally, I find great amusement in the fact that you claim people's opinion of you is meaningless, yet you go to great lengths to "defend" your favorite boat brand against anything close to a negative statement made about it. Truly bizarre...
Is this better?
If there is no negative comments about the boat than what are we talking about?
If you want to state negative comments then all I ask is to base them in FACT. If you are going to state opinion than at least give some background on your experience or expertize on the subject .
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-30-2012, 11:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
New Nautique wake boat and its place in the market being compared to a million dollar car and a fighter jet? Ah yes this thread is now complete. Can we please get an "ignore list" option on this forum?
Not compared to only the fact they are all at the top of their game .
Why dont you try to read the post before you answer it . That will correct these kind of misunderstandings?
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-30-2012, 11:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Is this better?
Yep, it is actually...

Quote:
If there is no negative comments about the boat than what are we talking about?
If you want to state negative comments then all I ask is to base them in FACT. If you are going to state opinion than at least give some background on your experience or expertize on the subject .
I believe I said "hardly any," I never said "no negative comments." Most of the negativity being displayed is directly related to your over the top defense and "atta boys" to Nautique. Again, there are forums for that, go clog up CorrectCraftFan and PlanetNautique. How about you base your claims in actual fact? Not "facts" given by the CEO of CC, not team riders who are paid by CC, and not from magazines who get a healthy ad budget from CC.

Oh the irony, I am a huge Nautique fan and actually like the G23...

Quote:
Not compared to only the fact they are all at the top of their game .
Why dont you try to read the post before you answer it . That will correct these kind of misunderstandings?
Ah, a semantics debate now? I believe pointing out two examples of products at the "top of their game" and then relating it to the G23 being at the top of the towboat industry is indeed a comparison. I did read your post, how about you think before responding...

Last edited by MattieK27; 04-30-2012 at 11:31 AM.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-30-2012, 11:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
One respected industry wake boarder told me he would be afraid to have more than factory ballast in the boat.
Wait a sec... Let me get this straight.

mhunter can quote a no name pro rider, but nobody else can?

Just want to make sure I understand your rules, bro.
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-30-2012, 12:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfe View Post
Wait a sec... Let me get this straight.

mhunter can quote a no name pro rider, but nobody else can?

Just want to make sure I understand your rules, bro.
And from the peanut gallery DBC is back .
What are you talking about?
Where did I quote a no name rider unless you consider Shaun Murry A NO NAME bro?
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-30-2012, 12:04 PM Reply   
Sorry I cant play anymore today Its mid 80s , no wind and the wife just got home we will be on the south side of Lanier look me up and I will give you a pull.
Old     (9645glazier)      Join Date: Feb 2012       04-30-2012, 12:12 PM Reply   
Holy hell, you might be one of the most confusing people on this forum.

You blatantly spew Nautique garbage all over, polarize the entire thread, then invite people out for a pull. And on top of it all, I feel like I'm talking to the question master, someone asks you a question and you respond with a question...
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-30-2012, 12:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
Yep, it is actually...

I believe I said "hardly any," I never said "no negative comments." Most of the negativity being displayed is directly related to your over the top defense and "atta boys" to Nautique. Again, there are forums for that, go clog up CorrectCraftFan and PlanetNautique. How about you base your claims in actual fact? Not "facts" given by the CEO of CC, not team riders who are paid by CC, and not from magazines who get a healthy ad budget from CC.

Oh the irony, I am a huge Nautique fan and actually like the G23...

Ah, a semantics debate now? I believe pointing out two examples of products at the "top of their game" and then relating it to the G23 being at the top of the towboat industry is indeed a comparison. I did read your post, how about you think before responding...
Matt your so proud and loyal to your boat brand you have a picture of a car for your profile. This is a wake boarding forum.M Hunter is just proud of what he owns. Is he biased? Most definitely. Is that wrong?Who are you to say someone who owns a boat[which you don't appear to] doesn't have the right to a opinion.I have owned a Nautique for 15 years and ridden behind plenty.I have never met a person that owned one that wasn't proud to own it.My suggestion for you is to buy a boat and be proud of it.Whatever it is i'm sure M Hunter and i won't criticize your opinion as wrong.We will respect it for what it is and express our different opinions.This is a discussion forum,we express our opinions not attack each others opinion and character like a political debate.
Old     (snowslider76)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-30-2012, 12:24 PM Reply   
Wow this is out of control, I so was avoiding commenting on this thread but can't.

First of all people are arguing the stupidest part of the G23, "Game Changer" Reality check people, 99.99998% of people on WW are not even in the game. Are you a Pro or sleeping on someones couch in FL working some crappy job and riding your arse off trying to get sponsored. Probably not, those are the guys in the game. Reality check is you are a recreational wakeboarder and do it for fun not a living. All you are going to get out of stomping a new trick is a smile and some knucks from your homies. Guys in the game may pick up a few comma's on a paycheck if they stomp something new, the wake is way more important to them then you.

I think the arguments of "it's too expensive so it's not changing the game" are wildly invalid. Remember you are not in the game and they are not claiming "G23 - Changing the recreational wakeboat market". If they where then I think the argument would fly that a 100+k isn't changing anything for the majority of us. Remember they are making changes for people in the game, those people will ride this boat regardless if they can afford to actually buy it or not.

Who in their right mind is believing what a marketing department is throwing at them anyway? If you do I would imagine your house is filled with Ronco products and anything Billy Mayes ever pitched. It's just a marketing campaign don't take it so seriously

If new tricks are stomped this year because of this wake I think there will be a lot of people with their foot in their mouth. I think it's a long way from the claim actually being valid so just hold the f on and give some people a chance to practice behind the thing.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-30-2012, 12:26 PM Reply   
Best comment suggestion of this thread, an Ignore list! This way we don't have to read the same suff in 20 different ways from the same guy. Since he offers pulls, has anyone ever ridden with this dude? Can he even wakeboard? I'm not saying he can't, but for someone who knows more then everyone else, I've never seen an edit of him riding. It doesn't matter at all if he can ride or not, just asking. Maybe he's really good.

Quote:
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-30-2012, 12:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
Matt your so proud and loyal to your boat brand you have a picture of a car for your profile. This is a wake boarding forum.M Hunter is just proud of what he owns. Is he biased? Most definitely. Is that wrong?Who are you to say someone who owns a boat[which you don't appear to] doesn't have the right to a opinion.I have owned a Nautique for 15 years and ridden behind plenty.I have never met a person that owned one that wasn't proud to own it.My suggestion for you is to buy a boat and be proud of it.Whatever it is i'm sure M Hunter and i won't criticize your opinion as wrong.We will respect it for what it is and express our different opinions.This is a discussion forum,we express our opinions not attack each others opinion and character like a political debate.
Thanks for checking my profile. Yup, it is a car.

I actually do own a boat. Not a wakeboat, and unfortunately not Tige...

Being proud of a boat is one thing, but taking your opinion and bias and trying to introduce it as fact is ridiculous. It is almost as ridiculous as arguing for a brand (and model) when no one is bashing it in the first place. Based on your past posts, I understand how this might be a difficult concept for you to grasp.

Loyalty to a brand does not mean pretending said brand has no flaws, faults, or deficiencies. I love my track toy (Evo), but if someone came up to me and pointed out its crap interior, inferior fit & finish, and ridiculous style elements I wouldn't care. Nor would I feel the need to defend Mitsubishi like I had some sort of stake in the company.

If Mhunter said "in my opinion the G23 is..." I don't think this thread would be continuing to melt down.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-30-2012, 2:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
And from the peanut gallery DBC is back .
What are you talking about?
Where did I quote a no name rider unless you consider Shaun Murry A NO NAME bro?
I'm talking about this...
  • Hillbilly quotes a pro rider without a name, and you thrash him.
  • Bill Y. quotes a pro rider without a name, and you repost it as fact (more than once, I believe).

If you can't see the hypocrisy in that, then I can't help you.

P.S. Love the G23, as I've stated before. If you think the meltdown is about the boat, you are not reading. Frankly, I can't believe that either David W. or Bill Y. himself have not shut you down yet. Tick tock...
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-30-2012, 2:37 PM Reply   
Shaq was a game changer
Old     (mikeporter2000)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-30-2012, 2:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by imondi View Post
V-drive=game changer

Tower=game changer

Ballast systems=game changer

G23 = maybe the sickest production boat made, but not a game changer!

I completely agree with this, with the exception of the last line. Let me ask you this:

- Why do you feel the v-drive, tower and ballst system were game changers? What about them changed the game?

Your only response has to be:

- It allowed riders to stay in the air longer and land more tricks...progressing the sport of wakeboarding.

Isn't that exactly what the Xstar did in 2003 and what the G23 is doing now? How can the G23 NOT be a game changer then, if those three things are?
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       04-30-2012, 3:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattwake View Post
Hmmm, I don't know if I completely agree with the price is not a factor argument. One one level, I agree that innovation goes hand in hand with increased r&d costs. I agree that, putting cost aside, if a new boat is produced that really and truly produces a bigger and better wake, which allows riders to land tricks that they simply cannot land behind other boats, then that is great. If the G23 does that, then awesome. Color me impressed - no sarcasm here.

Just some thoughts. Not saying I'm right. I'm just flabbergasted at how expensive everything's getting, and how we continue to justify it.

Dude - its not THAT expensive.. I realize you've become a Natique hater and Axis nut rider - but this boat is like $15k more than the 230's you nut rode for years and years and years.

People who can spend $90k on a boat can spend $105k on a boat.. Good for you and your $50k boat - we're all happy you love it. But plenty of people will afford the G23. It's plain and simply not that much more than a lot of the stuff out there. X45, X80, 247, 230, etc etc.. They are *ALL* stupid, stupid expensive.. Don't act like there arent hundreds and hundreds of the boats I just listed running around that also have an aftermarket prop, tinted windows, billion watt stereo, LED's, fog machines, triple axle trailers, huge aftermarket ballast, etc.. And then they are being towed by an Escalde, sitting in front of a cabin/cottage on an electric powered boat lift..

From $90k to $105k is a spit in the ocean.. This is all luxury problems..

Price isn't a game changer. Huge wakes are. There will be plenty of these around for people to ride.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       04-30-2012, 3:19 PM Reply   
the wake that changed the game: RECOGNIZE succas:
Attached Images

Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       04-30-2012, 3:32 PM Reply   
Peep the G23 dubs: Tell me he doesnt have time to throw another 360 to that trick

http://www.alliancewake.com/wake/dub...angley-dub-x3/
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-30-2012, 3:33 PM Reply   
I'm shocked I have not seen anyone make a statement of how many riders will end up hurt riding a wake too big for them.
I will eventually end up behind one. If they are that good I know someone around me will get one.
How many will sell then go straight to the stereo shop and then straight to a party cove and spend most of the time side tied.....lol.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       04-30-2012, 3:36 PM Reply   
^^^^ yup then sell it the following year for much less
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-30-2012, 4:29 PM Reply   
Jeff,

I'm not hating. I'm simply stating that, because the G23 is expensive, as a result, there will be less opportunity for normal people to ride behind it. I did not say the boat was not super nice and awesome.

In fairness, if you want to talk numbers, you should include the ACTUAL difference in msrp numbers between the 230 and the G23. Initially, I was led to believe that there would not be that much of a difference between the boats, but a friend is buying a G23 and shared his msrp numbers with me. Optioned equivalent to the way my '10 SANTE 230 was optioned, the G23 he built has an MSRP of $138k. That was with the zr450, without tower speakers and without a trailer. In comparison, the MSRP on my loaded '10 230, with the zr409, without tower speakers, and no trailer, was less than $100k (like 99k). That's $38+k difference brother. Not trying to start a fight, just wanted to point out that there is a much bigger price jump here than you were indicating.

Last edited by chattwake; 04-30-2012 at 4:38 PM.
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-30-2012, 8:57 PM Reply   
Lol...^^^^^^^ you guys are BALLERS^^^^^^^^
The difference in your boats is more then I paid for my 07 Moomba LSV!
This is definitely a spendy sport we dabble in!

But as long as we all have fun with friends and family it's all good.
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-30-2012, 9:39 PM Reply   
Quote:

Being proud of a boat is one thing, but taking your opinion and bias and trying to introduce it as fact is ridiculous. It is almost as ridiculous as arguing for a brand (and model) when no one is bashing it in the first place. Based on your past posts, I understand how this might be a difficult concept for you to grasp.

Loyalty to a brand does not mean pretending said brand has no flaws, faults, or deficiencies. I love my track toy (Evo), but if someone came up to me and pointed out its crap interior, inferior fit & finish, and ridiculous style elements I wouldn't care. Nor would I feel the need to defend Mitsubishi like I had some sort of stake in the company.

If Mhunter said "in my opinion the G23 is..." I don't think this thread would be continuing to melt down.
You dont even own a wake boat? and you do own a Mitsubishi that sounds trashed. I think I know where you are coming from now . Its hard to understand pride of ownership when you have no pride in what you own.
Old    9Drozd            04-30-2012, 9:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
You dont even own a wake boat? and you do own a Mitsubishi that sounds trashed. I think I know where you are coming from now . Its hard to understand pride of ownership when you have no pride in what you own.
What F***ed up planet are you living on bro. Pride in ownership is one thing, boasting about a brand far better than any other is blatantly bias. What does it matter if someone does not own a "superior brand of boat"? Having pride in what you own whether or not it is a total pile of s***, or a top of the line model is what ownership pride is all about. If you go around boasting about what you own, this is where your biased.
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-30-2012, 10:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfe View Post
I'm talking about this...
  • Hillbilly quotes a pro rider without a name, and you thrash him.
  • Bill Y. quotes a pro rider without a name, and you repost it as fact (more than once, I believe).

If you can't see the hypocrisy in that, then I can't help you.

P.S. Love the G23, as I've stated before. If you think the meltdown is about the boat, you are not reading. Frankly, I can't believe that either David W. or Bill Y. himself have not shut you down yet. Tick tock...
Yes when Bill Yeargin CEO of Correct Craft Quotes a pro rider it carries a lot more credibility than a forum poster .
Do you really think David or Bill follows a small time poster on a forum ? And if they did why would they want to shut down their number one fan?
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-30-2012, 10:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Drozd View Post
What F***ed up planet are you living on bro. Pride in ownership is one thing, boasting about a brand far better than any other is blatantly bias. What does it matter if someone does not own a "superior brand of boat"? Having pride in what you own whether or not it is a total pile of s***, or a top of the line model is what ownership pride is all about. If you go around boasting about what you own, this is where your biased.
You are correct but we already established that I am bias. You may want to watch your language I would expect more manners from a Texan. And please dont call me bro.
Old    9Drozd            04-30-2012, 10:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
You are correct but we already established that I am bias. You may want to watch your language I would expect more manners from a Texan. And please dont call me bro.
This is coming from the guy what cuts someone down for not owning a "nautique", or even a wakeboat at all. I have respect for people that deserve respect.

"Bro" is short for Brother. Are we not all brothers and sisters in Christianity?
Old     (logan)      Join Date: Dec 2011       04-30-2012, 10:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Yes when Bill Yeargin CEO of Correct Craft Quotes a pro rider it carries a lot more credibility than a forum poster .
Do you really think David or Bill follows a small time poster on a forum ? And if they did why would they want to shut down their number one fan?
Ya because Bill Yeargin has no intention of saying whatever it takes to sell boats. Honestly you make the G23 less cool by sucking it's d**k so much. Get over the boat and yourself. I have a SAN and I'm pumped about it but you are painting the G23 in a negative light with your attitude about it vs everything/everyone else.
Old     (logan)      Join Date: Dec 2011       04-30-2012, 10:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
The G23 KILLS CANCER, is a weapon of MASS DESTRUCTION and FIGHTS TERROR on a daily basis. Every other boat is made by people who hate boobs, puppies and bacon.
All this for 107k? I'm buying one.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-30-2012, 11:14 PM Reply   
LOL at "one respected industry rider told me he would be afraid to have more than factory ballast in the boat..."

What a line... I don't know any of my intermediate rider friends that would say this, let alone an "industry rider". When I was a still a "heel side hero" I got to ride a slumped xstar, the wake was huge, and I wasn't scared to hit it, nor would i have been scared to add more to it.

Also, what does Bill Y mean by "industry rider". It could be a person who is involved in the "industry" that "rides", like a salesman??? Or did he mean pro wakeboarder, because if he meant pro wakeboarder, wouldn't he have said "pro wakeboarder"?

mhunter. I love your responses... they make me happy.
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-01-2012, 2:19 AM Reply   
mhunter....spawn of LON
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-01-2012, 3:58 AM Reply   
I just figured out that nautiquemounter is actually the biggest troll on this website, there is no other way to explain it. How else could someone make be feel so ashamed to own a nautique? Well played, bro, well played.
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-01-2012, 4:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
Excuse me? I have no pride in ownership? The 33 foot 09 Sea Ray that I keep spotless must not mean anything. I also would love to know how my prestine 05 Evo with 33k on the dial is trashed? Or my Lexus daily driver? You have no clue where I am coming from. You think because you own a Nautique you now belong in some elite class. You tow your boat with a crap Astro van you stickered up to look like your boat and cover the whole ass of the boat in plastic just fuel it up. Pride, or neurosis? Just asking about you to Nautique owners in the area garners interesting responses.

You dont have pride in ownership, you have extreme bias that try to force on everyone else as fact. The fact is you almost bought a Mastercraft, but you got a better deal from Dockside on the 210. I wish you would have gone MC, you are becoming an embarrassment to the Nautique community.

Last edited by MattieK27; 05-01-2012 at 4:06 AM.
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       05-01-2012, 6:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
And please dont call me bro.
Attached Images

Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-01-2012, 6:57 AM Reply   
Quote:

So let me get this straight you are proud of your 09 Searay but you would rather have a Tige?
And you love the Mitsu so much you have to point out the''crap interior,inferior fit & finish and ridiculous style elements '' ?

Both you and DBC have no interest in looking at, riding in or owning anything built by Correct Craft . Since your knowledge is lacking about the boat you take every opportunity to attack the message with personal attacks and accusations and insults based on half truths at best. If you want to continue with me on this thread then keep it to topic [New Nautique Model G23] If you have any facts about the boat or company please inform me. If you want to post your opinion please tell what you base your opinion on [ looked at one , rode in one, read something ]? If you want to continue to attack me personally I suggest you do it in person preferably on my boat after a great day on the lake I would love to show you why I am so passionate about Nautique.
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-01-2012, 7:13 AM Reply   
Pot, kettle, black. Name calling and coming down on a person for profile pic, owning a sea ray, aspiring for a tige, among other things. Thats just in one post. Indeed keep it on topic, troll.
Old     (logan)      Join Date: Dec 2011       05-01-2012, 7:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
So let me get this straight you are proud of your 09 Searay but you would rather have a Tige?
And you love the Mitsu so much you have to point out the''crap interior,inferior fit & finish and ridiculous style elements '' ?

Both you and DBC have no interest in looking at, riding in or owning anything built by Correct Craft . Since your knowledge is lacking about the boat you take every opportunity to attack the message with personal attacks and accusations and insults based on half truths at best. If you want to continue with me on this thread then keep it to topic [New Nautique Model G23] If you have any facts about the boat or company please inform me. If you want to post your opinion please tell what you base your opinion on [ looked at one , rode in one, read something ]? If you want to continue to attack me personally I suggest you do it in person preferably on my boat after a great day on the lake I would love to show you why I am so passionate about Nautique.
seriously...shut your hole.
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-01-2012, 7:40 AM Reply   
Quote:

I am extremely proud of my Sea Ray, am a huge Nautique fan, and merely brought up Tige as a joke to cwb4me. I did look at adding an R20 to my stable for watersports but the deal fell apart.

Yes, I did point out flaws in my Mitsus design, and you not understanding proves my point. Pride in ownership should never keep you from knowing the issues with the products you bought. You are so blind to that though you probably think your 08 Sante is perfect. Guess what it's not. Sadly, the current gen 210 is my favorite tow boat. If you took the time to read and comprehend my posts, you would know Nautique is my favorite tow boat. But hey, you have proven reading comprehension, independant thought, and unbiased opinion aren't your strong suit. If getting a pull from you will make me a fraction as ignorant as you, no thanks...
Old     (logan)      Join Date: Dec 2011       05-01-2012, 8:04 AM Reply   
Quote:

Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       05-01-2012, 8:32 AM Reply   
back to the BOAT folks, the boat:
Attached Images

Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-01-2012, 9:49 AM Reply   
[QUOTE=MattieK27;1748532]t., the current gen 210 is my favorite tow boat. If you took the time to read and comprehend my posts, you would know Nautique is my favorite tow boat.

Good so we agree. What do you like best about the 210 ? Would you like to see a G21?
Old     (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       05-01-2012, 11:40 AM Reply   
Can't believe you all let this guy troll you for so long.

Then again, I kind of like this guy...

He's all but silenced the economy-boat club crew and put an end to MC bashing.

He knows what he loves and that's that. Doesn't get boggled down in facts just fires from the hip.

Doesn't mind if you insult him just do it in person on his boat while he's giving you a pull. Haha great!
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-01-2012, 12:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
Both you and DBC have no interest in looking at, riding in or owning anything built by Correct Craft...
I never said I have no interest in Correct Craft... I believe I'm on record to have said the G23 is sweet.

Besides, weren't you the guy telling me in another thread that I'm not worthy of the Nautique family...? Why do you care about my interest level if I'm not worthy of your "elite" family?
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-01-2012, 12:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyD View Post
Can't believe you all let this guy troll you for so long.

Then again, I kind of like this guy...

He's all but silenced the economy-boat club crew and put an end to MC bashing.

He knows what he loves and that's that. Doesn't get boggled down in facts just fires from the hip.

Doesn't mind if you insult him just do it in person on his boat while he's giving you a pull. Haha great!
Now you are catching on. What facts did I miss? No I dont mind the insults they come from ignorance so I just consider the source . After a day on a Nautique I doubt there would be any more insults .
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-01-2012, 12:21 PM Reply   
Besides, weren't you the guy telling me in another thread that I'm not worthy of the Nautique family...? Why do you care about my interest level if I'm not worthy of your "elite" family?

Those are your words not mine.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-01-2012, 12:25 PM Reply   
Quote:

They were your words. You said pieces of trash like him weren't worth the Natique badge.
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-01-2012, 12:29 PM Reply   
This is my last post on this thread its all been covered before and now its just a slug fest.
These quotes reflect how I feel if you dont like them then tell them.

''The style of the interior on this boat is like no other . The G23 is an eye catcher and its by far the biggest wake I ever hit'' Shawn Watson

''This boat will go down as the best thing to happen to our sport'' Jimmy LaRiche

''You get so much time in the air, it just makes riding so effortless'' Raimi Merritt

''Inside and out,The G23 is by far the best looking boat on the market, it also drives effortlessly and throws the biggest wake out there'' Emily Copeland Durham

''This boat is going to be the driving force for innovation and creativity for years to come''
JD Webb

''This is the best thing to happen to our sport since symmetrical boards and the flight control tower'' Danny Harf

''Its the best wake Ive ever ridden and rivals anything else Ive been behind with stock ballast'' Jeff McKee

''Tricks I already can do are easier behind this boat, and the possibility of tricks that can be done behind this boat will be endless'' Kyle Rattray
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-01-2012, 12:30 PM Reply   
Quote:

Sorry to misquote you. By all means, give it me in your own words...
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-01-2012, 12:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
This is my last post on this thread its all been covered before and now its just a slug fest.

''The style of the interior on this boat is like no other . The G23 is an eye catcher and its by far the biggest wake I ever hit'' Shawn Watson

''This boat will go down as the best thing to happen to our sport'' Jimmy LaRiche

''You get so much time in the air, it just makes riding so effortless'' Raimi Merritt

''Inside and out,The G23 is by far the best looking boat on the market, it also drives effortlessly and throws the biggest wake out there'' Emily Copeland Durham

''This boat is going to be the driving force for innovation and creativity for years to come''
JD Webb

''This is the best thing to happen to our sport since symmetrical boards and the flight control tower'' Danny Harf

''Its the best wake Ive ever ridden and rivals anything else Ive been behind with stock ballast'' Jeff McKee

''Tricks I already can do are easier behind this boat, and the possibility of tricks that can be done behind this boat will be endless'' Kyle Rattray
Every rider you quoted RIDES FOR NAUTIQUE!!! What do you expect them to say? You expect Danny or Shaun to sit down in an interview and say anything other than good things about the G23?? I personally think the 23 is amazing and get my chance to ride behind one in June
I love nautique but I hope that really was your last post in this thread, but if not I'm sure you will answer this post with another question...
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-01-2012, 12:53 PM Reply   
RIVALS WHATEVER ELSE IVE BEEN BEHIND WITH STOCK BALLAST -mckee

thats pretty telling right there i think...

if i had to bet id say harley's star has a wake just as big, so hes basically saying that this stock boat is as good as current boats heavily weighted, but then again this is heavily weighted... and hes on nauti's payroll

Last edited by simplej; 05-01-2012 at 12:55 PM.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-01-2012, 12:59 PM Reply   
anyone heard of the new G23?
Attached Images

Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-01-2012, 1:03 PM Reply   
I'm not doubting this wake is HUGE I just want an unbiased rider to say. I'll know for myself soon enough.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-01-2012, 1:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
This is my last post on this thread...
Taking your ball and going home, huh?

Well, since you don't want to be accountable for your own quote, I went and looked it up...

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=792444

Quote:
I think its clear you have a hate relationship with Nautique witch is fine I dont think you would fit in the Nautique family anyway.
Old    9Drozd            05-01-2012, 2:04 PM Reply   
The troll has finally been thrown off his bridge....... For how long, the world will never know.
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-01-2012, 2:41 PM Reply   
That black and green boat looks nice.
I'm not crazy about the tower
the brown wood/panel looks out of place on that color boat.
Wake looks good....
The trlrd boats look massive!
Old     (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       05-01-2012, 11:49 PM Reply   
Come back MHunter!!!

I'll bait him back...

The new production XStar is a game changer. The 2013 Star will do for the sport what the first XStar did...change the game! They say it's the wake by which all others are measured.
Old     (tdizzle0624)      Join Date: Oct 2009       07-10-2012, 9:32 AM Reply   
After all this talk and speculation has anyone had the chance to ride behind the g23? I would like some solid, honest input from all levels of riders who have had the opportunity to ride this new wake.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            07-10-2012, 10:09 AM Reply   
Yes there has been, posts are scattered in other threads and a few people on this forum have their G23 already.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-10-2012, 6:45 PM Reply   
I've had mine for just over a week now. All in all, I love it! Wake is huge and not tempermental. You can ride full factory ballast at 22 mph at 60 ft and the wake is super big and clean (for my girlfriend). You could up your speed a little and ride a little longer if you'd like. I ride with an additional 2100 pounds of ballast at 77' at 24.7 mph (might go out to 79.5' soon).

I've definitely seen improvements in my riding already....now grabbing my HS 5's, got really close to a TS 7, and have been launching my biggest Raley's and Front Flips ever. I've been riding a slammed 230 for the past year and a half, so it's not like I'm coming from a subpar boat or anything.

I've had a few other friends come out with me, and one of their comments after their first fall was "I never want to ride any other wake ever again".
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-10-2012, 7:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironj32 View Post
I've had mine for just over a week now. All in all, I love it! Wake is huge and not tempermental. You can ride full factory ballast at 22 mph at 60 ft and the wake is super big and clean (for my girlfriend). You could up your speed a little and ride a little longer if you'd like. I ride with an additional 2100 pounds of ballast at 77' at 24.7 mph (might go out to 79.5' soon).

I've definitely seen improvements in my riding already....now grabbing my HS 5's, got really close to a TS 7, and have been launching my biggest Raley's and Front Flips ever. I've been riding a slammed 230 for the past year and a half, so it's not like I'm coming from a subpar boat or anything.

I've had a few other friends come out with me, and one of their comments after their first fall was "I never want to ride any other wake ever again".
I can be free this Saturday if you allow healside heros on the rig.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-11-2012, 4:48 AM Reply   
I got a quick set behind it the other day. We were in less than ideal conditions (4'-6' depth) and I used another guys rope that only went to 70'. All that being said, the wake was big, clean and consistent with factory ballast and 6-8 passengers.

All in all, I was very impressed with the whole package. Kudos Correct Craft!
Old     (shredthagnar)      Join Date: Oct 2011       07-11-2012, 5:18 AM Reply   
Did you custom make your rope? Cause most ropes go in increments of 5'. On another note I saw Danny harf on highway 50 towing a black and green g23 towards Orlando. I wonder if he has one or just barrowed one and was bringing it back to nautique
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-11-2012, 5:49 AM Reply   
Yes, this one I happened to have made custom sections. I have, however, seen many ropes with 2.5' and 3' sections on them over the past few years. Both my Accurate and Liquid Force lines have them.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-11-2012, 5:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_mn View Post
I can be free this Saturday if you allow healside heros on the rig.
This Friday I'm headin' up Nort to damn near Canada, ay. Soon, we'll have to plan a weekday to get a few of us out on it.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-11-2012, 6:47 AM Reply   
Quote:

JD Webb

I'm not disputing the awesomeness of the boat....but you do understand that these athletes are sponsored in one way or another by Correct Craft, right?