Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (CarFanatic5)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-03-2011, 8:47 AM Reply   
I want to run 2 batteries for my stereo. I'd like sealed maintenance free batts at a reasonable price. Just curious what guys are using.
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       02-03-2011, 9:16 AM Reply   
Brett Yates (polarbill) knows batteries. His response is one of the ones to look for.

David
Earmark Marine
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-03-2011, 9:50 AM Reply   
Brendan, look into the Deka Marine Master batteries. They are a standard lead acid battery(less expensive). The group 24 and group 27 deep cycle and dual purpose batteries are not sealed so it doesn't sound like you want those. They do make a group 31 deep cycle that technically isn't sealed as there are screw off caps(see pictures) but aren't designed to be messed with and is diesinged to be maintenence free. The group 31 has basically the same footprint of the group 27 but is about an inch taller. It has a 105AH rating which is double that of an optima blue top group 34 adn should run you around $135/ea. That makes it about $50-$75 less then an optima blue top group 34. Basically this one battery will replace 2 group 24's or 34's of another brand. Buying 2 and wiring them in parallel would give you an excellent stereo bank for aroudn $250 or so. Another option is to go with the Deka Seamate AGM line. They are 100% sealed and maintanence free. The best part of them is they are cheaper then the Optima AGM batteries but have better specs. The Deka AGMs are also designed to be charged at the same or very similar rate as a regular lead acid battery. Most newer marine alternators charge at 14.4 or so volts and that is exaclty what the Deka AGMs are designed to be charged at. Here are the quick AH specs for the 3 main sizes. The group 24(8a24M) is rated at 79AH, the group 27(8A27M) is rated at 92AH and the group 31(8A31DTM) is rated at 105AH. Compare that to an Optima Blue top group 34 at only 55AH. Prices for the Deka AGMs should be about 150-160 for the 8A24M, 170-190 for the 8A27M and 190-210 for the 8A31DTM.

Sorry for the long response and all the different choices. In addition the Deka batteries are made in the US.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-03-2011, 9:51 AM Reply   
Links

http://www.dekabatteries.com/assets/base/0181.pdf

http://www.dekabatteries.com/assets/base/0194.pdf

http://www.dekabatteries.com/assets/base/0245.pdf
Old     (CarFanatic5)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-03-2011, 9:57 AM Reply   
Thanks bill I was looking at the deka batteries as suggested by earmark marine.. I was quoted 145 for the lead acid 31... which isn't technically sealed.. like you said.. and 220 for the seamate type 31. would I notice a huge difference in the type 24 over the type 31?? I have a yamaha jet boat so I will need to rely on charging from shore. I was going to go with the guest smart charger dual bank 20 amp... but I guess I only need a single bank just to charge the stereo batts, as I dont think my house batt will need charging at all. what do you think?

Last edited by CarFanatic5; 02-03-2011 at 9:59 AM.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-03-2011, 9:58 AM Reply   
www.4xspower.com I have 2 D3100's and they are amazing.
Old     (CarFanatic5)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-03-2011, 10:05 AM Reply   
pretty sure those xs batts are pricy
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-03-2011, 10:06 AM Reply   
Chatt, I am sure those are nice batteries but I am not sure they can possibly be worth the extra 100-200 bucks over a Deka AGM. The Deka 8A31DTM has 105AH's and the XS D3100 has 110AH's. What advatages do those batteries have to be worth nearly double the cost? Their site is really slow for some reason but what voltage are their batteries designed to be charged at by the alternator?
Old     (CarFanatic5)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-03-2011, 10:09 AM Reply   
brett what do you think about the 27 vs 31? also my charging situation?
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-03-2011, 10:14 AM Reply   
Brendan, I would go for the 31 every time over the 27 uless you can't accomadate the extra height. The more battery the better. What do you mean your charging situation? I guess I would need to know if you alternator is stock, what type of switches/isolators you have, what type of starting battery you have and if you have an onboard 2 bank charger.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-03-2011, 10:16 AM Reply   
hey brett, do the deka AGM group 27's and group 31's fit in a "standard-sized" battery box? or for reference, how do each of those compare size-wize and footprint wise to the standard blue top?

(2) deka group 27's would = roughly 3 blue tops in terms of amp hours, right?

are you aware of any issues or would there be any problems using the deka AGM's and then using a battery tender to re-charge? i have yet to buy a beefier on-board charger. if i could get a 1.5X-2X more play time by swapping out my (2) house bank bluetops, i may do it this year. then again, i suppose i'd really need to replace all 3.
Old     (CarFanatic5)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-03-2011, 10:17 AM Reply   
I have a yamaha AR230 so no alternator.. I will be running 3 batteries.. one for boat.. 2 for stereo only. I was going to get a on board single or dual bank charger to charge the batts when I am docked.
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       02-03-2011, 10:23 AM Reply   
The Yamahas have twin 14 amp stators which is why he stated that he has to be very careful and will mostly depend on shore restoration. I'll share a cascading scheme that will allow a periodic maintenance charge one battery at a time as long as you don't allow the stereo bank to discharge too much. This would necessitate another bank on the AC charger.

David
Earmark Marine
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-03-2011, 10:25 AM Reply   
In that case you probably want to keep the 2 banks completely seperate which is what you jsut explained I think. Invest in a good onboard 2 bank smart charger. Something like a Xantrex or Prosport. You probably want something that is at least 20 amps.
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-03-2011, 10:47 AM Reply   
Brett- I looked on the Deka website and could not find the RC at 25 amps for the Marine Master Batteries. I did find it for the Sea Mates.
Old     (CarFanatic5)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-03-2011, 11:10 AM Reply   
yes the systems will be completely separate. all stereo stuff on the 2 battery bank, and one batt to run the boat like factory minus the radio. I will get a pro charger to charger the stereo batteries. when docked.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-03-2011, 11:10 AM Reply   
Don't use Reserve capacity at 25A. Use the 20AH rating. All batteries that are considered dual purpose or deep cycle should have that spec.
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-03-2011, 11:37 AM Reply   
Brett, I have the Surepower 1314 and would like to upgrade to 2 group 31's. Should I go with a starting battery and deep cycle battery, two dual purpse batteries, or??? Thanks!
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-03-2011, 11:48 AM Reply   
Seth, what is your battery setup currently and do you want to keep any of your current batteries or are you going to replace everything?
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-03-2011, 11:59 AM Reply   
I am running a starting battery and a dual purpose battery hooked for stereo, ballast pumps, accessories. I think they are group 24's. I would replace both batteries and only have room for two batteries.
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-03-2011, 12:03 PM Reply   
Brett - is there a reall difference b/t the DP series and and DP series in the Deka batteries.

Is the cost difference substantial
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-03-2011, 12:07 PM Reply   
Were you thinking AGM or standard lead acid batteries? If AGM just get 2 of the 8A31DTM's. They have plenty of CCA'a(800) for starting and good deep cycle characteristics. If lead acid I would still probably get 2 of the Deep Cycle 31's(DC31DTM). They have 650CCA's so they should be fine for starting. It would be nice to have the batteries match. If you do either scenario I mentioned I would change the positions of the batteries a couple times a season so they get equal wear. I think either setup would be a great setup that should give you solid play time, consistant starts and long life if cared for of course.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-03-2011, 12:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by murphy_smith View Post
Brett - is there a reall difference b/t the DP series and and DP series in the Deka batteries.

Is the cost difference substantial
DP and DC? If so it isn't much. You can tell the DC's are a little heavier because of thicker/more lead plates. The difference is probably 10 or 15 bucks between the DC's and DP's with the DC's being more.
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-03-2011, 12:10 PM Reply   
My bad...So the DP's will work just fine i sounds like
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-03-2011, 12:18 PM Reply   
I think so. I actually had a conversation either on the phone or on wakeworld with David about that kind of. Since most people don't use their boats in the cold any of the deep cycle batteries are probably fine for starting even though they show a little low on the CCA's. I would compare the DP's to the interstate SRM's but I think Deka's are better batteries in general then interstates.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-03-2011, 12:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucemac View Post
hey brett, do the deka AGM group 27's and group 31's fit in a "standard-sized" battery box? or for reference, how do each of those compare size-wize and footprint wise to the standard blue top?

(2) deka group 27's would = roughly 3 blue tops in terms of amp hours, right?

are you aware of any issues or would there be any problems using the deka AGM's and then using a battery tender to re-charge? i have yet to buy a beefier on-board charger. if i could get a 1.5X-2X more play time by swapping out my (2) house bank bluetops, i may do it this year. then again, i suppose i'd really need to replace all 3.
Bruce, sorry I didn't even see your post till just now. Hope all is well and the X2 is treating you good. I bet you can't wait till late spring. The group 27's and 31's are longer then the 34's or 24's so you would need new battery boxes. I don't think there should be any issues with a battery tender as long as they shut off/on automatically so they dont' overcharge the batteries. What is the voltage rate on a battery tender? The AGM deka's are rated at 14.4 I think. Any more could damage the cells. Unless you are really unhappy with your current playtime I would probably just ride out the Optima's until they are 4 or 5 years old? How old are they? If they are only a year or 2 old I bet you could sell the optimas on craigslist for 50-75/ea to help pay for one of the Deka's.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-03-2011, 1:08 PM Reply   
I could try to explain why the XS batteries are better, but it would be like a non-lawyer trying to explain some complex legal theory. Just call Nathan at XS and he'll explain everything. If you tell him you got referred by Tom from Chattwake, he'll work with you as best he can.

Nathan Way

XS Power Batteries

7501 Strawberry Plains Pike

Knoxville, TN 37924

Phone: 888-497-7693 ext. 1211
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-03-2011, 1:17 PM Reply   
So how do you even get an XS battery - there website does not even have a dealer locate function.

Shipping ain't cheap on batteries.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-03-2011, 1:36 PM Reply   
cool, thanks brett! that's helpful. yeah, this will be my 3rd season with these so probably not worth trying to sell. you make a good point about riding them out. i just wish i had another day of play time for road trips to eastern washington. i think if i go with 2 27's or 2 31's, i'd be really happy. problem is, i'll need to replace all 3 batts when the time comes. the little multi batt tender is nothing. pretty sure it's 1.75A or abouts per bank. it does have some intelligence built in and is at least 2-stage i'm pretty sure. i realize i may be shortening the life of the house bank using it, but i'll buy a new one when i invest in the Deka's.

was nice to see the sun for a few days wasn't it? and yes, i can't wait until late spring.

hope all is well
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       02-03-2011, 7:23 PM Reply   
I'm running two Deka Seamate group 31's on my system. Almost a year now and so far so good.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-03-2011, 8:08 PM Reply   
Just call Nathan and he'll point you to a local dealer.
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       02-04-2011, 10:42 AM Reply   
Bruce,
If you have a large capacity charger, like a bass boat for example, you can have rapid restoration time overnight with an extension cord or a small,quiet generator.
You should also be able to get some good maintenance charges from your boat throughout the days to keep the batteries from cycling so deep. With a flushmount voltmeter and a 3-way selector switch you can get a pretty good read at the battery(s)' terminals and know when its time or when its safe. You can even use a cascading scheme to get a maintenance charge on one stereo battery at a time when running two really large stereo batteries if they've already cycled too deep.
There are ways.

David
Earmark Marine
Old     (CarFanatic5)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-04-2011, 12:50 PM Reply   
Just picked up 2 dekas..
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-04-2011, 1:15 PM Reply   
Nice, which ones did you go with?

Dave showed me a thread on Chaparral's forum and it sounds like deep cycle batteries could potentially cause problems with the ECMS of some engines. From what we could gather since deep cycles don't rebound as quickly from a start they may have lower voltage causing the ecm to have problems before the alternator kicks in and starts putting out 13.5v+. I can't imagine this being a problem if you are using a group 31 deep cycle battery as that is a big battery with enough CCA's for a 5.7L.
Old     (CarFanatic5)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-04-2011, 1:19 PM Reply   
I got the type 31's AGM's 105ah
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-04-2011, 1:36 PM Reply   
Very nice. I think you are going to be very happy with those.
Old     (CarFanatic5)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-04-2011, 1:48 PM Reply   
hope so! Since I am relying on them pretty heavily being in a jet boat..
Old     (arrydjay)      Join Date: Jul 2010       02-07-2011, 7:13 PM Reply   
Hey Brett,
Would it be better to go for 2 of the 8A31DTM's or one of the 8A8DM's ?
The 8A8DM has 245AH and 1350CCA, so the AH is higher than 2 of the 31's and it works out a bit cheaper.
What do you reakon?
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-08-2011, 6:03 PM Reply   
Be sure and consider the size of the 8D's they're huge and very heavy so unless you offset them or have two then it'll throw off your wake.
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-08-2011, 6:05 PM Reply   
I will second that - they are a biatch to move.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-08-2011, 7:04 PM Reply   
Basically what those guys said. 8D's are huge and a pain to move. If you have the space and a friend to help you move it occasionally it wouldn't be a horrible idea. An AGM 8D probably weighs about 150 pounds. Make sure if you discharge it though that you have a way to keep your alternator from working too hard. A discharged 8D will fry the hell out of your alternator if it has to charge non stop full tilt for too long.
Old     (CarFanatic5)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-08-2011, 7:40 PM Reply   
brett,

Whats a good battery for starting and boat operations? I got two deka 31's and need one batt to run my boat, since the dekas are running my stereo. I want a sealed maintenance free batt.
Old     (arrydjay)      Join Date: Jul 2010       02-08-2011, 8:01 PM Reply   
Size and weight wise the 8d is about the same as two of the 31's isn't it? I would be running 31's next to each other anyway so I don't see how the 8d would affect the wake any more than the 31's. I'm thinking it would offset the weight of the driver?

As far as the alternator goes, wouldn't it be the same charging the 8d as two 31's in series?

There is barely anything between them price wise, so if it is better to go the 31's I will, I just thought the extra AH's might make it better. Also the bloke in the shop said the 8d would be more efficient than two 31's.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-08-2011, 8:15 PM Reply   
Brendan, since you already have 2 of the AGM 31's I would just get the same for starting. It would be a great starting battery as well and with 3 of the same battery you can rotate them occassionally so they where down similar.

Jarryd, I guess you are correct about the alternator portion. No matter what you have if not setup correctly you could destrou your alternator fairly quick. The 8D is actually closer to 3 31's in size. I am pretty sure you can fit 3 31's or golf cart batteries in an 8 D battery box. That is what most of my dad's friends do in their big boats. 8Ds should have thicker plates then 31's so they should withstand more cycles.
Old     (arrydjay)      Join Date: Jul 2010       02-08-2011, 8:32 PM Reply   
So if I went with an 8D, and I already have 2 standard batteries in the boat atm, what is the best way to hook them up? What kind of switch or VSR do you suggest using? I also have a pretty big stereo and I want to have an onboard charger that I can plug in at the marina and leave the music cranking and have the charger keep up the draw of the stereo. Do you have any suggestions?
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       02-08-2011, 9:33 PM Reply   
arrydjay,
I have the perfect control scheme for your batteries and charging system.
David
Earmark Marine
Old     (arrydjay)      Join Date: Jul 2010       02-08-2011, 10:52 PM Reply   
Sweet Dave, Whats the plan?
Old     (CarFanatic5)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-09-2011, 5:46 AM Reply   
Brett, I'm thinking another deka 31 is overkill. I might just get another 24 deka.

Can I play my stereo while my charger is charging the batteries at the dock? I think I am going to buy the prosport 20 charger
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       02-09-2011, 7:56 AM Reply   
Brendan,
Yes you can use your charger at the dock. But, only up to 20 amps of draw until the batteries will begin to discharge. And, only intermittently because its not a power supply meant for continuous duty at that load. There is a difference between a battery charger and a converter (used on cruisers/motoryachts) which serves dual purposes.

David
Earmark Marine
Old     (CarFanatic5)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-09-2011, 9:41 AM Reply   
ok gotcha, Just wondered if it was possible.

Is the prosport 20 amp the best option for my set up? Do you know if it can be hooked up all the time like a maintenance type charger
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       02-09-2011, 10:03 AM Reply   
Brendan,
Yes, you can leave the ProSport hooked up all the time. As a 3-stage charger it is a maintenance charger and is safe.
I would say that the ProSport 20 charger is minimum but perfectly acceptable for your batteries. With 210 amp/hours on your stereo bank and another 50 to 55 amp/hours on your starting battery you could safely go as high as a 30 amp charger. Something like the Intelli-Power 30 amp charger will give the higher capacity and is more suited for continuous duty as a power supply for those occasional situations.

David
Earmark Marine
Old     (CarFanatic5)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-09-2011, 10:07 AM Reply   
for the most part I think the boat battery will always be pretty full. so the charger will mainly be charging the stereo bank. I dont think I will ever play the music while its being charged except once in a blue moon maybe.. I will check out those intelli powers. I still dont need the charger just yet, but will call you david when I do.. Any one know where I can get type 31 battery trays to fit the dekas?
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-09-2011, 10:14 AM Reply   
What a great way to shorten the life expectancy of a battery.

You need to keep the batteries on a charger at all time when the boat is not in use - it will significantly extend the life of the batteries.

I have 4 Optima Blue Tops that have never spent more than 48 hours away from the charger - they are 5 seasons old and I beat the crap out of them every weekend in the summer. The best battery in world will not last long if you do not keep it fully charged at all times.
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       02-09-2011, 10:39 AM Reply   
On a side note, an alternator rebuilder that I know of says that if everyone took better care of their batteries and replaced them at the appropriate time that he would be out of business.

David
Earmark Marine
Old     (arrydjay)      Join Date: Jul 2010       02-09-2011, 11:07 AM Reply   
Hey David, what was the control scheme you were speaking of earlier for my batteries and charger?
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       02-09-2011, 12:01 PM Reply   
arrydjay,
No problem. I sent you some info about the typical concerns with charging system management and what the most comprehensive solution is.

David
Earmark Marine
Old     (CarFanatic5)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-11-2011, 1:09 PM Reply   
anyone know where I can get type 31 battery trays?
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-11-2011, 5:49 PM Reply   
A group 31 battery will fit in a group 27 battery box. I'd go that route.
Old     (CarFanatic5)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-13-2011, 7:11 AM Reply   
They will? You positive?
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-13-2011, 8:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarFanatic5 View Post
They will? You positive?
The fact I've done it 6 times leads me to believe they will. A group 29 and 31 battery are the same size and fit in a group 27 battery box. Interstate has a group 2 for instance where other manufacturers might call it a group 31. You don't have all the slop in the battery box like you normally would. You end up with about 1/4" of play instead of 2+". Look up the specs of the battery and box and see for yourself.

Last edited by 05mobiuslsv; 02-13-2011 at 8:28 AM.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-13-2011, 9:34 AM Reply   
Like Bu said they will fit. A group 27 and 31 have almost the same footprint. The 31 is an inch or so taller though. Still fits though.
Old     (CarFanatic5)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-13-2011, 2:55 PM Reply   
sweet! Any specific brand you guys use, so I know it will work?

Also do they make a dual battery tray?
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-13-2011, 3:40 PM Reply   
The inside dimensions of the battery boxes should be standard, the outside demensions could be very different depending on manufacturer.
Old     (CarFanatic5)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-14-2011, 6:28 AM Reply   
ok thanks!
Old     (sethc)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-31-2011, 2:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbill View Post
Chatt, I am sure those are nice batteries but I am not sure they can possibly be worth the extra 100-200 bucks over a Deka AGM. The Deka 8A31DTM has 105AH's and the XS D3100 has 110AH's. What advatages do those batteries have to be worth nearly double the cost? Their site is really slow for some reason but what voltage are their batteries designed to be charged at by the alternator?
Do you think these are the same battery? I don't have a Deka dealer anywhere near me

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs...classNum=10549
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-31-2011, 4:25 PM Reply   
Seth, those are basically the same battery. They may have better specs then the normal Dekas and they should come with a 2 year free replacement warranty. If you have a west marine they should have "west marine" branded AGMs that are the same as the normal Dekas and I believe they come with a good warranty.
Old     (CarFanatic5)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-01-2011, 6:45 AM Reply   
look very similar to me!! I love my dekas! So far they go all day and recharge at night with no problems!
Old     (espritv8)      Join Date: Dec 2009       02-27-2012, 3:15 PM Reply   
http://www.dekabatteries.com/assets/base/0919b.pdf

What about the 8l16 in series to get 12v? Any good for a 2000w sound system?
Old     (skuhleman)      Join Date: Aug 2011       02-28-2012, 6:46 AM Reply   
Hey guys, while everyone else is popping in for battery/charger questions I might as well too.

What onboard charger do you reccomend for my setup, I am running a optima blue top group 31 as main starting, and 2 interstate srm-27 for the stereo bank, I am only running 150 amps between 3 amps on this setup. Also how long you think I can play it cranked up with the engine off for with my current setup?
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       02-28-2012, 8:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbill View Post
Seth, those are basically the same battery. They may have better specs then the normal Dekas and they should come with a 2 year free replacement warranty. If you have a west marine they should have "west marine" branded AGMs that are the same as the normal Dekas and I believe they come with a good warranty.
The West Marine batteries seem awfully expensive on their site. Are the Dekas around the same price?
Old     (Patryk)      Join Date: Feb 2012       02-28-2012, 9:57 PM Reply   
http://www.solarhome.org/deka12v86am...battery-1.aspx

How is this battery? It's an MK 8A31DT. It seems to have the same specs as the Deka, but less expensive.
Old     (wake292)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-02-2013, 7:22 PM Reply   
Hey All,

Where would you recommend purchasing the marine master dc31? I'm planning on running two of them in parallel for my new set up but can't find them anywhere for the prices mentioned above.
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-02-2013, 9:11 PM Reply   
has anyone used the bass pro shops xps brand chargers? I have a gift card that i wouldn't mind putting towards a decent charger, and the prosport20 seems to have gotten some unfavorable reviews
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-03-2013, 4:36 PM Reply   
Little bump for my bass pro charger question... Are they any good?
Old     (ryand121)      Join Date: Feb 2007       04-04-2013, 6:31 PM Reply   
I'm running 4 Deka 31's in my XStar, and use this 3-bank charger for the 3 stereo batts, and a Pro Series single bank charger on the single boat batt. I use a single extension cord with two plugs on the end and plug them both in overnight. Works perfect.