Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-19-2013, 6:47 PM Reply   
I Phone 5
$120 Running Shoes
Neck Tattoo
Gold Jewelry
Paying with WIC food stamps
Sorry for the poor quality of my Photo I had to take it stealth style
This woman was in front if me at Safeway and was holding up the line and caught my attention because of the Wait. The hold up was she was trying to buy Items that I guess were not on the WIC approved list! That's when I noticed she was paying with a WIC check. The casher had to take the items back and switch them out for the approved items this tool like 5 mins. During this time is when I took a closer look at her accessory's and thought Humm you can afford all this cool stuff but you can't afford food.
Attached Images

Old     (fullonsalesgrp)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-19-2013, 7:48 PM Reply   
I one time witnessed a person trade their food stamp for money with the shop owner she wanted 50 bucks and she paid him 50 so .50cents on the dollar . I called my local state rep who I have on speed dial . Habeeb was deported about three months later
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-19-2013, 9:41 PM Reply   
As I finish working my butt off today, I see this kind of thing and just want to strangle these worthless leaches. I know we're supposed to feed the poor but these people aren't poor. They're CHOOSING to live as sponges. They're defrauding all of us. Teach a man to fish right? Well what if he refuses to learn? Hard to have sympathy when you KNOW they're just milking the system.... Human compost.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       09-20-2013, 8:02 AM Reply   
It looks like shes stealing those pants too. Still have the sticker on the leg. Classy. You should have said something. Make a big stink, and draw a crowd. Our welfare system is a joke.
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       09-20-2013, 8:18 AM Reply   
WIC isn't welfare and it isn't food stamps. It's about making sure that mom's who don't have a clue how to buy food or spend their money (shoes) have healthy food in their house for their child. That's why she wasn't allowed to purchase certain items. It's about making sure that her child gets nutritious food. It's about her kid. It's about her kid. It's about her kid. Now if you want to make it against the law for her to breed by forcing her to get an abortion as an unfit parent I will support that. Unfortunately you d-bags are the ones voting for candidates that want to make abortion illegal altogether. Once the kid is born we do our best to make sure that kid has a chance because this is America, not some 3rd world cesspool. Not India with a class system to make sure the poor stay poor. If you want to have licensed parenting with a financial requirement then I'll get on board with you. Until then I don't want to see kids begging to survive like they do in Mexico and Grand Bahama. Don't turn my country into Mexico.
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       09-20-2013, 8:36 AM Reply   
I think we need a couple comparison threads on wic vs welfare vs food stamps

We have one on everything else.
Old     (whiteflashwatersports1)      Join Date: Dec 2012       09-20-2013, 9:21 AM Reply   
My wife has been a teacher in a lower end part of town for 15 years. She has kids ask her for money for lunch (they are on reduced lunch so it is only a quarter) then she will have a meeting with the parent who has their nails done, hair done, gold jewelery, fancy ass cell phone with a blinged out case - but they can't send their kid to school with a f - in quarter for lunch. Give me a break. I can,t afford healthcare, food, clean clothes for my kids etc etc but I have a 50 inch tv, cell phone, satelite tv, etc. I am tired of it. I am all ofr assistance programs but they are a hand up not a hand out.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-20-2013, 9:49 AM Reply   
Eric; regardless of who is the President people will always take advantage. People always have and always will. Both sides don't agree with people taking advantage. What might be a constructive conversation is what would be the best way of giving people the help that they need and weeding out the ones that don't.
I know of people (threw friends) that collect money to the tune of $600 a month for food for Kids that they don't even have custody of!!! This woman works as a stripper and makes Cash and doesn't have to report it. So on paper it looks like she is jobless. But she has plenty of money and all the flashy stuff to go along with it including thousands friends and followers on Facebook &
And then when welfare department was contacted they did nothing! It's like they are not interested in chasing down people committing fraud.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-20-2013, 10:38 AM Reply   
potato chips=potatos
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-20-2013, 1:40 PM Reply   
You should have offered to buy her some condoms.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-20-2013, 2:40 PM Reply   
Grant, you should make a website for this **** like the douchebag website. It would be pretty rad.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-20-2013, 3:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
WIC isn't welfare and it isn't food stamps.

Yes, it most certainly is welfare.

Quote:
It's about making sure that mom's who don't have a clue how to buy food or spend their money (shoes) have healthy food in their house for their child.
They don't have a clue how to buy food? Is the requirements/process different for buying food than buying jewelry?

Quote:
That's why she wasn't allowed to purchase certain items. It's about making sure that her child gets nutritious food. It's about her kid. It's about her kid. It's about her kid.
Apparently it's not about her kid to her, why should it be? She gets to buy all the items she wants while the tax payers worry about her kid. It's about her kid to you, not her. You have her covered.

Quote:
Now if you want to make it against the law for her to breed by forcing her to get an abortion as an unfit parent I will support that. Unfortunately you d-bags are the ones voting for candidates that want to make abortion illegal altogether.
How about we hold people responsible for their actions and allow their decision to render the natural consequence? We make it too easy to take advantage of the system.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-20-2013, 3:52 PM Reply   
liquidmix I thought I was doing that right here!
In my lovely 2nd home community of Calaveras, it's a mix of Hillbilly white Trash Tweekers on Welfare and Meth. Mixed with Normal People and Older cranky retired people.

On my last trip to the Safeway in Sanora I noticed that the Formula Baby Milk is locked up behind the counter. I asked the woman behind the counter" do people really steel baby formula" Her answer! Yes at a alarming rate that's why it's locked up. Your kidding me! Dumb a$$ people having kids and they have to steel formula! Ummm people isn't that the first Sighn that you shouldn't be having a kid!

People making stupid decisions and as a whole we all suffer for their stupidity. Products of parents that are not educated enough to guide their kids into somthing better then they them selfs are.
Old     (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-20-2013, 5:08 PM Reply   
They don't steal formula to give their kids they steal to sell on craigslist or ebay
and Eric how about these D bags get spayed or neutered like the inconsiderate animals in heat they are, its not about abortion lets not let these D bags bread