Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (mtnsun)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-19-2009, 5:17 PM Reply   
I am asking the common question! "What new board to ride this season"?
Looking for a good board for all around surfing. I am 5'10 & 190lbs. Med to large wake and ride aggressive. Looking for a board that will be good for quick, slashing turns and progressing tricks on. Last season I rode a Hyperlite Land Locked 5'11 & Broadcast 4'9". Looking for something in between.
Suggestions and advice from all of you?
Old     (brewkettle)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-19-2009, 5:48 PM Reply   
DONT KNOW IF ANYONE WILL ANSWER YOU CAUSE WE ALL KNOW SOMEONE IN THE INDUSTRY AND MIGHT GET BOOTED OFF THE SITE , IF WE SUGGEST ANY NAMES!!
Old     (mtnsun)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-19-2009, 5:51 PM Reply   
Shoot me a PM with suggestions if you are fearing the "Giant Boot"!
Old     (mo_scrilla)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-19-2009, 5:58 PM Reply   
I got an Inland surfer Blue quad last year. What a great board, very floaty and cuts great. I added the trick fins. I have to work to stay in the sweet spot but hey, isn't what riding is all about. I am 6' 220. I prob should have gotten the Red Woodie for my size but I love the blue.
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-19-2009, 6:09 PM Reply   
I have a blue lake as well and changed to the speed fins to loosen up. I now only ride my small skim-style Phase 5. Smaller, thinner, much lighter than my 4.9 broadcast and much faster. Not as easy to keep in the pocket as the Blue, but way better than the broadcast.

I would recommend a hybrid board like The Walker Project Composite. They come in different sizes. For you maybe a 5.0, but you can always get in touch with them for better advice. It's a popular board at comps as you can get some air and it spins well.
Old     (malibu)      Join Date: Sep 2004       02-20-2009, 7:45 AM Reply   
I also ride the Phase 5 Prop, it is a really fun board. I just purchased a new one. We kept repairing my old one after it hit the boat several times on 360 attempts. I plan to keep the old one for guests to ride. I really like the colors and design on my new one. It's 4'6" and I think the weight range goes up to 190 lbs or so. If you want a bigger board they make the Oggle but I haven't ridden it.
Old     (konaking)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-21-2009, 5:39 AM Reply   
With all the Info on this site and others BUILD YOUR OWN
Old     (leaks)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-21-2009, 3:59 PM Reply   
Hey J.J. I'm 5'8" and weigh around 190. I ride a ShredStixx Jamako. Love it. It rides like a Shredder, but for bigger guys. What ever you decide, try it out if possible. Boards can be expensive, and making the wrong choice is bad...