Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 22, 2007

Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-15-2007, 9:09 PM Reply   
Ok so I get a CWB kink and I rode it for the first time sunday. I dont remember my old board being this sluggish? Feels like the boat is constantly pulling me. Any ideas?
Old     (kmcginty)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-15-2007, 9:41 PM Reply   
For reference, what was your last board?
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-15-2007, 9:48 PM Reply   
my last board was a cheap hydroslide i got from sportmart. I swear i feel like I should wax this thing or something. I know I'm not supposed to but I feel like i should. Also i was riding finless.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-15-2007, 9:55 PM Reply   
get an obrien natural or a liquid force shane...you'll go fast, and you won't have to buy wax!

but seriously the CWB may have more drag than your hydroslide? but it's definitely a better board. It may just take some getting used to.
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-15-2007, 9:58 PM Reply   
yea that is what im thinking. But man i swear i remember the hydro slide atleast giving me a little slack in the rope to play with. It has been almost a year since i rode but I was wondering your ideas.
Old     (proho)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-15-2007, 10:14 PM Reply   
im guessing your hydroslide was pretty flat. boards with more rocker ride a bit slower but give you better pop. you got your self a good new board and one that wouldnt be considered a "slow" board. take some time to get used to it and try speeding the boat up a little. youll ride higher in the water giving you less drag.
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-15-2007, 10:16 PM Reply   
yea that is what i was thinking. 24 seems a bit slow for me I guess maybe kicking it up to 25 or 26 might work.
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-15-2007, 10:24 PM Reply   
no reason to ride 25 or 26mph. If you have to go that fast, there's something else wrong. And it could be your speedo, because 26mph for normal riding speed is pretty quick.
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-16-2007, 12:07 AM Reply   
Lyman and Harris ride at 28 to 29... it all boils down to preference.

I like a faster ride with a high-rocker board (ie Murray), so I ride up one size notch and kick up the speed a little (to 25, 26). Plus, more speed = more force/momentum.

I know what you mean about the pulling feeling on the board Rick... it sucks. I would kick the speed up. Also, I don't know how your form is, but balancing the weight between your front and back feet will also keep the board from slowing down as much as possible.

If you can't figure it out and it really bugs you, I'm sure the shop you got the board from would be willing to hook you up with a more preferable board.
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-16-2007, 7:39 AM Reply   
Yea i think im going to kick up the speed a little. This is just my first time riding this board so I will probably give it a chance but if it really bugs me i will switch to something else. Thanks for all your opinions and advice, keep it coming
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-16-2007, 8:38 PM Reply   
Any other tips to get that board riding on the surface a little better
Old    sealyon.net            03-17-2007, 7:12 AM Reply   
What size board, and how much do you weigh?
Old    walt            03-17-2007, 7:27 AM Reply   

quote:

If you have to go that fast, there's something else wrong.

Wrong !

I ride around 25 to 26 and thats whats right for me. I feel like I'm sinking at slower speeds.
Old    innov8actionsports.com            03-17-2007, 7:32 AM Reply   
Thats what I was going to ask your weight and what size Kink you bought.
If you want a FAST CWB board then get the 07 Faction, its the fastest board in CWB's 07 linup.
Old    sealyon.net            03-17-2007, 8:16 AM Reply   
Quote :
Feels like the boat is constantly pulling me.

That might be because you are behind the boat while it's moving forward JUST KIDDING, I couldn't pass that one up.
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-17-2007, 9:37 AM Reply   
Man i knew there was something wrong. Im gonna ride in front and let the boat push me. Im 200 and im riding a 141. The boat is new and the speedo is probably very generouse LOL.
Old     (redhedstepchild)      Join Date: May 2003       03-17-2007, 9:59 AM Reply   
i was demoing a bunch of boards with a buddy when he was looking for a new ride, and we rode tha marius, the transcend, transcend platinum, and the tattoo (i think it was the tattoo. it was the all white one) and i did not like any of them because they felt SO slow. they landed nice and soft, but it felt like i was riding an anchor. i usually ride an '03 LF substance
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       03-17-2007, 4:32 PM Reply   
me too Walt. we ride at 25 all day long. aside from the sluggish ride, i don't like waiting out in the flats for the rope.

you're on the right board, just sounds like you're getting used to the rocker change. other than being a little slow, did you like your new ride?

(Message edited by denverd1 on March 17, 2007)
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-18-2007, 10:28 AM Reply   
The board rides a bit washy without the fins and i didnt bring them with me like a dumb as* but i put them on now and am going to see if it helps. I will be out next weekend to try it out.