Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-22-2010, 12:04 PM Reply   
First he dominates all things bike in Moto GP. What does he do for fun? Easy, he kicks ass playing around in an F1 Ferrari!

http://formulaone.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/01/21/rossi-completes-ferrari-test-on-high-just-misses-lap-record/

The Goat is one amazing dude!
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-22-2010, 12:31 PM Reply   
With a name like Valentino im sure he does well with the local ladys as well. LOL

I saw the Isle of mann race on TV. They caught up with Valentino, He was watching the race as a spectator from the side of the road. I guess he has his eye on that race. Pretty crazy IMO.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-22-2010, 12:38 PM Reply   
As far as I remember from his interview he thinks the Isle of Man guys are nuts. I couldn't agree more. G, if we ever see him run that race competitvely I'll buy you a case of Corona.

He's a speedy guy, though. That stuff runs in your blood. Remember Schumacher did the same thing. He rode a Moto GP bike and wasn't too far off the pace, either. IMO that's a harder transition. Those Moto GP guys have nads of iron.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-22-2010, 4:48 PM Reply   
G,

Rossi is rumored to bat for the other team. Don't know if it's true or not but you never see him with any of the GP chicken heads.

The dude is a phenom on a bike. He's won a championship in just about every cc class there is. Watch him sometime if you get a chance. The crap he pulls off against his opponents is amazing.

As for Isle of Man, Rossi rode the course with one of the legends just to check it out. After taking a lap around the island he commented that the guys who do it are out of their minds. Besides, isn't it a prerequisite for those riders to have f'd up crooked teeth. Didn't see one of them with a decent grill.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       01-22-2010, 5:23 PM Reply   
Isle of Man is CRAZY!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtjQ4SK4GXk&feature=related
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-22-2010, 6:10 PM Reply   
Hells yes it is... Those guys are seriously insane. Probably some of the craziest athletes there are.

Discovery HD had a Isle of Mann special from '09. It's soooo sick.