Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeskating

Old     (goatroper222000)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-07-2007, 4:35 PM Reply   
I'm really a wakeboarder, but i would like to start skating. Im 6' 185 lbs. if that helps. i dont really want a beginner skate because im lookin for something i can progress on. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. thanx,
josh
Old     (treycleaton)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-07-2007, 5:26 PM Reply   
Either a 41 or 42. If you want a durable wood concave, I can say that Sattelyte and Oaks are legit....haven't ridden and '07 LF Impulse though I hear they have improved in quality. I have a Devotid wood flat deck that I love...it's also durable and I know they are pressing a wood concave for 07 as well. A good composite deck is Integrity, but I don't thing they are pressing any boards to be released this year. Look to 08 for these. I'm sure others will chime in with other reputable companies.
Old     (hgaugh)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-09-2007, 9:02 AM Reply   
You might try a NEW Wakeskate; I just bought one for my hubby and he loves it. You can get a custom one developed for you...that is what I did. They develop it for you based on size, riding style, and preferences.

The Devotid decks are nice; Oak, I believe is sold out right now (???)
Old     (showtz)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-09-2007, 9:08 AM Reply   
I got my 41.5" team machine OAK board from http://www.lakeeffectsupply.com/. He has sattelyte oak and new. I'm about the same weight and height as you. The 42" Molders Blow OAK would be a good board for ya. I was debating between the two so I think he still has it in stock.
Old     (locwakeoutlawscom)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-09-2007, 9:53 AM Reply   
Too funny...How many id's do you have man?
Old     (showtz)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-13-2007, 8:25 AM Reply   
Loc: Are you referring to my recommendation? I like the oak board and I know they are hard to get right now so I thought I would save him the trouble of trying to find one. Heres mine:Upload
Old     (treycleaton)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-13-2007, 10:51 AM Reply   
Oak makes a great board. Showtz, you would get more air if you'd suck those knees up.
Old     (cam_man353)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-21-2007, 6:50 PM Reply   
im new im only 5 foot and want to start wakeskating
i skateboard
so wat is a good board to start on at my height
Old     (treycleaton)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-21-2007, 7:21 PM Reply   
39-41 I think there is a Kampus K39 on Ebay right now for around $60
Old     (cam_man353)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-23-2007, 4:19 PM Reply   
ok thanks