Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeskating

Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-09-2007, 3:43 PM Reply   
is there one? i'm just starting it, but i like it a lot better than wakeboarding. haven't accomplished much cuz i've only been on it like 5 times, but i can ride either foot forward, go outside the wake ts and hs, and do surface 180's. i'm hoping there's a good vid out there so i can get some pointers to help me out.
Old     (djred123)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-09-2007, 4:50 PM Reply   
Check this one out. I have the wakeboard one but haven't seen the wakeskate one yet. The wakeboard one is extremly detailed and full of helpful tips.

http://www.wakeside.com/page/W/PROD/wakeboard_wakeskate_videos/the_book_wakeskate_series_video_dvd

(Message edited by djred123 on June 09, 2007)
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       06-09-2007, 5:13 PM Reply   
there are two. The first one that was made is called snap. It's from 03, so you'll get to see some classic riding from some classic riders. It also has some really great bonus sections. The style of instruction isn't as detailed as "the book" but I'd still recommend it becuase of the extras, and this video may still give you something to think about (as far as figuring out a trick goes).

The other instructional out there is the book series. There are three dvds--beginner, intermediate, and advanced. This dvd series isn't quite as entertaining, but it wasn't meant to be a freeriding dvd, either. the style of instruction is much more detailed and it will definitely give you a lot to think about, as far as troubleshooting and things like that are concerned. one nice thing is the book dvds have aaron reed's issue 2 video section as a bonus reel.

anyway, I would really recommend both DVDs, but if you're really looking for in depth instruction and nothing else, I'd point you toward the book.
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-09-2007, 5:23 PM Reply   
thanks you guys! i didn't realize the book also had a wakeskating instructional; i always thought it was just wakeboarding.