Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 05, 2009

Old     (x2taylor)      Join Date: Nov 2008       11-26-2008, 5:22 AM Reply   
OK. Let me start with - I did a search and really couldn't find what I was looking for.

Each year I treat myself to a new Wakeboard DVD. The last two years have been disappointing with my most recent purchase being "Updog". While it's not a bad DVD, it doesn't quite compare to "Counterfeit This" or "Relentless". IMO.

Sooooo, can someone recommend a DVD that is relatively recent and along the lines of "Counterfeit This" and "Relentless". Some of my favorite riding music has come from these discs. Thanks for the input.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-26-2008, 5:30 AM Reply   
the chick flick
encore
the truth
push process
impact (mostly cable, but cinematography & editing is sick)
picture this (not wake but snowboarding...sick cinematography & editing)
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-26-2008, 5:32 AM Reply   
Push Process won best video of the year at the Wake Awards.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-26-2008, 5:48 AM Reply   
Really liked Push Process also, only downside was it was a little short.
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       11-26-2008, 5:51 AM Reply   
Really Joe? You liked The Chick Flick?

In all honesty, I haven't seen the actual DVD for The Chick Flick, but I've seen the previews and there was some great riding from what I saw.

I'd toss Drive in there along with Push Process. Great DVD's! Between those 2 you can't go wrong!
Old     (x2taylor)      Join Date: Nov 2008       11-26-2008, 5:55 AM Reply   
Thanks. I actually have Chick Flick and should have mentioned it. It is good and good music. Dallas ride as good or better than some of the guys in the other videos. Unfortunately, I've misplaced this disc....

Anyone seen the DVD with the Billabong Bus/wall?
Old     (lives2wake)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-26-2008, 6:17 AM Reply   
My fav. three from the last while:
Transgression - It's almost like a movie, you can get a bowl of popcorn and a drink, turn the lights off and watch from beginning to end.

Impact - Well shot, super editing and effects. Most impressive cable film I've seen.

Drive - Top pros riding at their best. I end up fforwarding through some of it though.

Push Process was good but I honestly don't know how it could have won best film over the three films that I picked. I thought that it was just getting good during Lyman's section and then it ended. For that reason I was pretty disappointed.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-26-2008, 6:18 AM Reply   
Retrospect
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-26-2008, 6:31 AM Reply   
The Billabong DVD with the bus wall ride is Out of the Pond isn't it? I don't think it is out yet.
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       11-26-2008, 6:43 AM Reply   
I got push process this summer (love free swag) and it is a great DVD, it has wake, rails, plenty of wake skating, plenty of beautiful locations...basically everything it says in the sales pitch. Great DVD, worth the buy.
Old     (intotheflats)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-26-2008, 7:32 AM Reply   
natural born thrillaz
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-26-2008, 7:41 AM Reply   
you also might want to check out canvas.

http://www.sideswipeproductions.com/Canvas_Trailer.mov
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-26-2008, 8:08 AM Reply   
push process and the truth.. both are great videos. best ive seen in quite a while
Old     (n00b)      Join Date: Mar 2006       11-26-2008, 10:14 AM Reply   
Just to add push process and the truth both are fantastic.
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-26-2008, 10:24 AM Reply   
Push Process. Best flick of the year.
Old     (stoked_32)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-26-2008, 10:26 AM Reply   
If you liked Relentless, you'll love the Truth. Both are my favorites. And that's excluding the LF bias.
Old     (cpizzle)      Join Date: Sep 2007       11-26-2008, 11:28 AM Reply   
Does anyone think that the video quality on Drive is crappy? It might just be my DVD but it reminds me of some bootleg video's I saw in Afghanistan. I'm sure it's too late to return it anyway so I don't know why I'm posting this. :-/
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       11-26-2008, 7:49 PM Reply   
Really? I thought Drive had really solid quality to it.... hmm...?
Old     (lfadam)      Join Date: Nov 2008       11-26-2008, 8:09 PM Reply   
I think Push Process is overrated. Good vid but I think Transgression and Drive are on a different level. Transgression has some awesome riding (Randall of course, but Lidberg's section is amazing as well) but as a video its just awesome. Cinematography, art, soundtrack, locations all A+. Scenery is awesome.
Drive is just SICK riding and a high energy (for the most part) soundtrack that I liked. The level of riding and the variety is just sick. Randall going HUGE to open, Lucas' unique style, many tech riders, Rusty's bonecrushing, and a stunning closer with Harf. Very well done section w/ the intro and Godlike riding. He has like 5 tricks in that section that would be the cornerstone trick for the whole video for almost any other wake flick.
Push process to me was like Drive watered down. Not quite as good of riding (or rider lineup)...similar soundtrack, but better camera work and a very cool rail with Lyman (although IMO Liderg's transgression gap>Lyman's by a hair)
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-26-2008, 8:16 PM Reply   
I can watch Benny G's section in drive over and over. It just felt solid, and it flowed really well, if not a little bit short. Same goes for Lyman's part in Push Process, Harris's part in Transgression, and Watson's part in Updog.

I'm not even going to really mention Harf's section in Drive, since Adam seems to have nailed it on the head.
Old     (maliburider456)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-26-2008, 8:27 PM Reply   
what is up with videos never coming out on time?
Old     (ffmedic)      Join Date: Feb 2007       11-26-2008, 8:46 PM Reply   
untouchable sound
Old     (aliwake)      Join Date: Dec 2006       11-26-2008, 9:29 PM Reply   
push process or impact for sure - LOVE the soundtrack on both, and that makes such a big difference in a wake movie i think.

i thought drive was ok, but definitely over-rated.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-26-2008, 10:57 PM Reply   

quote:

By Taylor H (maliburider456) on Wednesday, November 26, 2008 - 8:27 pm:

what is up with videos never coming out on time?

have you ever put out a dvd?
Old     (liquidforcefan)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-27-2008, 9:47 AM Reply   
Drive was pretty over rated the Truth is real good.
Old     (robandrus)      Join Date: Feb 2002       11-27-2008, 12:10 PM Reply   
Truth is the best wakeboard dvd ever. I watched it everyday for months, then downloaded as much of the soundtrack as I could find and still listen to it.

Bent Felix, really nice vibe to it, very watchable, Buttereffect was the same.

Drive.....I hated the soundtrack, didn't seem to flow with the riding.....I've only watched it twice since I bought it, still hoping it will grow on me.

Push Process, good solid flick but short. Liked the soundtrack, interviews are nice the first time through but get old. Lymans part alone is worth buying it, unbelievable.

Such is Life, has a real old school feel to it. some parts were great, others not so strong. The skateboarding chapter was cool. For some reason I kept waiting for Sean Murray to show up.

Chickflic, interesting, but not really inspiring, not on the same level as the others.

Can't wait to see box of fun
Old     (deltaratmike)      Join Date: Jun 2008       11-27-2008, 12:44 PM Reply   
Shafted
Boombox
Delta Sessions
My Side
Free 4 All

just throwin em out there
Old     (sportydude)      Join Date: Jul 2007       11-28-2008, 2:56 PM Reply   
Drive is the only wake movie i have and i liked it for the most aprt, but I didnt really like the soundtrack. I liked the first song and another one later in the movie...but most of the songs didnt seem to mesh very well with the riding? IMO
Old     (cpizzle)      Join Date: Sep 2007       11-28-2008, 5:59 PM Reply   
Guess it's just my copy.
Old    benj_t            11-28-2008, 6:17 PM Reply   
i cant wait till Box Of Fun comes out!
Old     (jswake)      Join Date: Nov 2008       11-30-2008, 2:01 PM Reply   
Drive- sick riders and such cool shots. Randall Harris has a dope part and with two 1080's and a double ts backroll its an amazing movie.

Truth- some super cool slow motion shots and Ben Greenwood blows up in it. Overall great movie and a big possibility.

Push Process- I would recommend this the most. Sickest lineup of riders and Keith Lyman blows up on it. He does a wake to rail gap that is insane! Danny Hampson throws some hammers down too. Def. the movie I would get.
Old     (the_bum)      Join Date: Jul 2008       11-30-2008, 9:53 PM Reply   
12 Honkeys!
Old    kc700            12-01-2008, 11:27 AM Reply   
Props to mike For throwing in Boombox.....That movie is on point and I never see it in any best vid sections....Definitely one of my favorites. Also, Ill second joes recommendation of "picture this" Its a snowboard film, but it really breaks ground as far as action sports cinematography.