Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (phillywakeboarder)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-20-2013, 3:07 PM Reply   
Just noticed that the Ronix site is up and running. That's all.
Old     (RiverRatA20)      Join Date: Aug 2013       11-20-2013, 4:31 PM Reply   
Not much wow factor for as long at it was down, but grateful that I can see the new products.
Old     (RiverRatA20)      Join Date: Aug 2013       11-20-2013, 4:36 PM Reply   
scratch that last comment, they added more to the new site, flows much better.
Old     (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       11-20-2013, 5:54 PM Reply   
This is going to hurt my wallet
Old     (phillywakeboarder)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-20-2013, 7:54 PM Reply   
If anyone takes a ride (boat) on one of the camber boards I'd be interested to know what you think. I've been riding the Viva for 2 years and am thinking of trying something totally different like camber or perhaps a slingshot.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       11-21-2013, 9:58 AM Reply   
I heard from a buddy that the camber boards are slow.

Also, tried the new Parks handle and it felt like it was falling apart after 1 day of use. The new boots look GREAT in person. The Franks are definitely loud.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-21-2013, 11:56 AM Reply   
I'm definitely interested in the camber boards. It would be hard to get me off the Will/Bill shape, but the concept is interesting enough to enter with an open mind.
Old     (KGar11)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-21-2013, 4:11 PM Reply   
I havent seen one pro ride the bandwagon in the park yet. they all seem to prefer the videl schnook. that doesnt make me want to go out and buy one. Im a huge fan of the phoenix S
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-21-2013, 4:42 PM Reply   
lol ^^ I was thinking the same exact thing. The camber might need some adjusting before people buy into it
Old     (gotwake133)      Join Date: May 2010       11-21-2013, 7:47 PM Reply   
For everyone curious about Camber, I can give you my .02..

I have ridden both the Parks and the Bandwagon behind the boat, and the bandwagon at the park.

First things first, Camber is very different. It may not be for everyone, while others will benefit from it.

These boards are not fast, (compared to Code 22, Viva, William, Etc) but if you want a very fast board, just get one of those. I found that riders looking for a board that is going to boost them into the flats are not going to be raving about the camber, but for riders that are doing more wake to wake stuff, (myself) will benefit most from Camber.

After riding both the Parks and the Bandwagon, the first few sets are very weird. I have a very big snowboard background, and a decent surfing background, and I found you tend to ride the camber boards more like snowboards or surfboards, driving with your front foot.
You can really feel the whole edge of the board, and develop a better control/progressive edge when coming into the wake. They are overall more forgiving, and very "fun" to ride.

Landings are one thing that really stood out for me. The landings were not only soft, but very stable. many tricks that I normally would have butt checked on, or fallen on I rode away from.

Overall, if your looking for a board to do raleys on don't go camber. If you want to have some fun, not kill your knees, and really dial in your wake to wake stuff, give it a try.

At the park I had a blast on the bandwagon. I normally ride a Bill board or Von Videl. The bandwagon flexes a bit, (similar to a phoenix) and takes a little getting use too. however its very controllable, and lands awesome. If you you are a phoenix fan, you will probably like this board.

I hope my opinion helped, but again, its just my opinion!
Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       11-22-2013, 11:10 AM Reply   
The Bandwagon isn't exactly supposed to replace the Phoenix as a board that flexes AND rides well off the wake. The AirCore is geared towards boat riding and the ATR, although it will flex, it's definitely not going to ride park the same way the Schnook will. Camber isn't designed to blow park riders away, it's designed to give wake riding a whole new feel.