Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wakeandsnow27)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-01-2010, 9:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickbot View Post
"We live at the level of our language. Whatever we can articulate we can imagine or explore. All you have to do to educate a child is leave him alone and teach him to read. The rest is brainwashing"
-Ellen Gilchrist
ahh yes, a 4 time divorcee and poet.... exactly who I look to for truth and sound moral belief.
enlightening.
Old     (tracktor)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-01-2010, 11:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickbot View Post
religious zealots have always had a powerful aversion to free thinkers...wouldn't expect that to change now...

"Free thinkers?" Wouldn't that freedom include the decision to accept Christ? I mean, if it looks to be a positive decision at this point for the person who are you to question it? Honestly, you really should've stopped earlier you just look foolish spouting about "free thinking" while questioning someone else's decision..................but feel free to carry on and keeping making a fool of yourself as it is entertaining...........
Old     (kruiserkat)      Join Date: May 2010       09-01-2010, 12:06 PM Reply   
Ahhhh, Religion and Politics. Good ol topics for the net. Think it should have stopped at Murry's post. Just my thought.
Old     (nickbot)      Join Date: Feb 2007       09-01-2010, 1:08 PM Reply   
sorry guys, i don't have time for this anymore...
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-01-2010, 2:01 PM Reply   
"ahh yes, a 4 time divorcee and poet.... exactly who I look to for truth and sound moral belief."

Many look to Limbaugh for truth, how many times has he been divorced?
Old     (drewproses)      Join Date: Oct 2008       09-01-2010, 2:55 PM Reply   
If you post something on a "discussion" forum you should expect it to be discussed... why should it be erased?
Old     (dizzlestoy)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-07-2011, 1:10 PM Reply   
is anybody selling popcorn in this room?
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-07-2011, 1:24 PM Reply   
atta dig up a 4 month old thread for that
Old     (greenbass86)      Join Date: May 2010       01-07-2011, 5:42 PM Reply   
if your going to dig up an old thread shouldn't it be something like the boobs for ballast one?
What ever happened to that one anyways?
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-07-2011, 9:28 PM Reply   
wow.... Congratulations to your son that is exciting, sorry that people ruined a great thread, and thank you shaun for being a stand up guy and great example and ambassador for our sport.
Old     (mtomson2)      Join Date: Feb 2010       01-08-2011, 12:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun_murray View Post
I am getting in contact with him.
Your Awesome Shaun
Old     (andrewjet)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-10-2011, 11:07 AM Reply   
Jason..there are lots of guys on here that HAVE YOUR BACK and your thoughts. You become or absorb what is around you and it sounds like the 8 year old has it goin on. Rock on man. Jet
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-10-2011, 12:24 PM Reply   
For the non-believers out there, do you ever wonder why it bothers you so much when people talk about Christ? Don't you think there's a got to be a reason why it eats at you so much? Well there is a reason and it can be found in the Bible. God inscribed his law on the hearts of all man so that no man will have an excuse to escape judgment. We tend to call this our conscience. Ever wonder why you don’t feel guilty for breaking some of man’s laws but you do feel guilty for breaking God’s laws? That’s because God didn’t inscribe in your heart thou shalt not speed. Never the less, if you break God’s laws often enough you will begin to drift further away from God to where you no longer feel guilt for breaking his laws. Thus, you have no problem taking shots at someone’s good news while being unprovoked.

Before you start flaming me, which I’m sure it is coming, let me ask you a question….. Before deciding to be atheist did you first read the Bible? If you didn’t, how is it that you can make such an informed decision without first gathering all of the pertinent information you will need to decide? That’s like deciding between two cars you want to buy without test driving them both. I had been loosely raised as a Christian all of my life, though while growing up we rarely went to church. Over time I had developed my own opinions about God and religion. While still considering myself a Christian, I rarely exemplified living the life of a Christian. I lived the life of a sinner.

About 4 years ago I decided that I was tired of hearing the typical Christian phrases thrown at me on message boards such as this one. It was time that I went to the source to get the truth for myself and form my own opinion. I spent the next 10 weeks reading/listening to the Bible from cover to cover. At the end of that 10 weeks I was changed. I finally understood what being a Christian means and how important Christ is to my life. Before you continue in your decision to take pot shots at believers on message boards I challenge to read or listen to the Bible cover to cover. After doing so if you still do not believe I will respect your opinion. Though I suspect you will too be a changed man. Trying to form an opinion on Christ without reading the Bible is like trying to assemble a car without any automotive knowledge. Life has an owner’s manual and it’s called the Bible!

I am willing to back up my challenge by sending you the Bible on audio CD for free. Just PM me your address and it will be on the way. If you’re not ready to commit 10 weeks of your life to reading the Bible, may I suggest you search for Tommy Nelson on iTunes. Tom interprets the Bible like no other pastor you have heard before.
Old     (cocheese)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-10-2011, 12:37 PM Reply   
This thread has been resurrected from the dead!!
Old     (drewproses)      Join Date: Oct 2008       01-10-2011, 12:48 PM Reply   
The thing that bothers me is when people claim that I must be empty inside or that I am going to hell. The fact that I am not a Christian does not mean that I am a bad person. Richard, did you also read the Koran, the Bhagavad, the Tao, the Vida, or all of the other major religious books of the world? If not, "then how is it that you can make such an informed decision without first gathering all of the pertinent information you will need to decide?" Instead of focusing on religion or trying to push our own religion on others we should respect, and love one another.
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-10-2011, 12:58 PM Reply   
W.W.S.D

What would Scooby Doo?
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       01-10-2011, 1:34 PM Reply   
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO make it end!!!!!! Please moderator delete this thread for the love of God, god, Buddha, Muhammad, Steven Hawking, the druids, and Zeus. The guy just wanted to get in touch with Murray and Murray got in touch with him its over.
Old     (dizzlestoy)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-10-2011, 1:45 PM Reply   
Andrew.. It looks to me he test drove one car and liked it.
Old     (dukeno1)      Join Date: May 2006       01-14-2011, 4:14 PM Reply   
Something that I always thought was funny about being a Christian.....I know God exists and that Jesus died for all of us....no question in my mind. However, if I am wrong (I am not ), I will
die and end up where all the non-believers go. If, however, I am right (I am) , I will go to heaven
and the non-believers will spend eternity in hell. What is the downside for the believer? Being made fun of and put down? I can handle that.

Anyway, cool for the 8 year old. I am glad Shaun Murray is going to get in touch with him. I have
been impressed with Shaun's story and he is an unbelievable talent in the wakeboard community.
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-14-2011, 5:28 PM Reply   
This thread has died, been resurrected for a popcorc comment, died again, and then been resurrected for a religious rant (I'm Christian too, dont go ape**** on me). Dave, please listen to Mark and kill this thread for good.
Old    mojo            01-14-2011, 5:37 PM Reply   
so is jesus in hell? after all, he was a jew. also, do child molester priests still go to heaven? this is a never ending battle. just FYI, if you were brought to a mosque from the day you were born you would be a muslim and believe in allah. it's just being indoctrinated to the point of no return. some do escape though so i have hope more will. and don't get me wrong, IMO, all religions are wrong and detrimental to the world; however, it seems that christians(any type) and muslims feel the requirement/need to try to convince others they need to be one also whether it be the fear of hell, promise of heaven, or some virgins in allah's heaven. just shut up about it unless youre at church or home and we'll have no problems.

Last edited by mojo; 01-14-2011 at 5:43 PM.
Old     (SugarFree)      Join Date: Aug 2010       01-14-2011, 8:33 PM Reply   
If there is a creator why would he/she/it need constant praise and attention from what it created?... seems like an all powerful and knowing being would be beyond triffle things like the attention of his "subjects"

I don't knock religion do whatever it is that makes you happy, the part that bugs me is that in most religions its your duty to spread your religion.

"religion is like a penis... it's cool that you have one and it's even cool that your proud of it, but don't start pulling it out and waving it around in public... and please dont try and shove it down my kid's throat"
Old     (dukeno1)      Join Date: May 2006       01-14-2011, 9:05 PM Reply   
I guess I am not the typical Christian then, because I couldn't care less whether you believe or not. I believe we were all given free will. You are free to make your own way and choices in this world and I am not going to try and convince you to follow me or anyone else. Do what ever floats your boat, just don't try and keep me from doing the same and we won't have any issues.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-14-2011, 10:13 PM Reply   
Maybe dave can just put a cap on this thread and keep people from adding to it. pretty sure that is possible?
Old     (SugarFree)      Join Date: Aug 2010       01-14-2011, 10:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakerider111 View Post
Maybe dave can just put a cap on this thread and keep people from adding to it. pretty sure that is possible?
its just the interwebs dude... don't take it so seriously yah?
Old    mojo            01-15-2011, 12:31 PM Reply   
everyone should watch the movies "saved" and religulous" and get some perspective.