Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2006

Old     (bailey)      Join Date: May 2001       10-08-2006, 5:38 PM Reply   
I hope all you local riders got out over the weekend. I couldn't believe how good the water was. I would be riding right now if I didn't have to work.
I thought I saw Troys (?) malibu out there but couldn't be sure if I saw anyone elses boat.
Hopefully it will be this calm next week
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-08-2006, 6:24 PM Reply   
Shhhhhhhhh!

Just another cold and cloudy Sammamish day when we were out Saturday. I wouldn't suggest anyone go out in these conditions.

BTW,

My hat's off to the morons in the red and white 21v. They took power turns to a whole new level. They kept rolling by us with their rider, and every time he fell they the driver would hit full throttle and crank the wheel... cool!
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-08-2006, 7:29 PM Reply   
I was sleeping while you guys were riding, we went out at 1:30pm and had the entire North end of glass all to ourselves, the ONLY boat (except when the Sheriff came to check out the north end). Love fall riding.

You guys can keep going out early in the mornings. I like my sleep.
Old     (billyjodonjimbo)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-08-2006, 8:19 PM Reply   
yesterday and today were probably some of the best conditions I have ever ridden.

Today, we were out from 10-2 and saw maybe 3 other boats. No one out at all.

Also, I had the best set I think ever in my entire life today. landed every trick i have ever landed plus a new one in one run. I was stoked to say the least.

fall riding kicks ass!
Old     (nwcoast2cascade)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-08-2006, 8:20 PM Reply   
Unfortunately I wasn't able to make it out this weekend either. We'll have a week of good weather to take advantage of coming up though.

As for the power turners. Just go up to them when you have a chance and politely educate them. They're screwing the water for themselves as well as us and I'm sure they can be concinced to change their ways.
Old     (jpk)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-08-2006, 10:46 PM Reply   
What's up with the cops being out on the water in October?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-08-2006, 11:04 PM Reply   
probably out there doing their job.

(Message edited by dakid on October 08, 2006)
Old     (monroeyd)      Join Date: Jun 2006       10-09-2006, 1:01 AM Reply   
Over here on the east side on the Columbia River, we don't even have the sheriff on the water. Just the occasional cruiser who leaves 'bout a 30 second span of rollers. Fall riding does kick a**
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-09-2006, 1:32 PM Reply   
Sammamish was incredible? I also had one of my better runs of the season and landed my first b\s 360. As far as the police go, those guys are grade A bungholes. Believe me, I know all to well. Remember when the police helicopter flew over and thought my dragon slider was an overturned outboard boat. Bad timing too, my neighbors had just swam out to it. Everyone on shore was waving so to them I guess it looked like a scene from titanic. The sent all of king county police out to my house that time and then destroyed my slider. good times.
Upload
Upload
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-09-2006, 3:43 PM Reply   
Mike,

where's the film of the spine from this weekend? You guys need to stop being so lazy when it comes to pics.
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-09-2006, 3:46 PM Reply   
Cliff - I hope you aren't referring to me being lazy with pics. Everyone knows when I go out the pics appear in a timely manner.
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-09-2006, 5:44 PM Reply   
I was driving, that was sketchy enough. haha. too bad jeff was at 80 ft and troy was at 70 ft. It made it tough to get everything to line up right. How about the video of my bs 3. Troy you gotta post that man!!!! I need to buy a new camera.
Old     (liveoz)      Join Date: May 2002       10-09-2006, 6:31 PM Reply   
Ok, when I get home tonight I'll whip something up. You know if I would have had a better 1st set or if my second set was filmed, I'd have it up by now
Old     (jonfo)      Join Date: May 2002       10-10-2006, 2:01 PM Reply   
will be out there at 3pm today likely on southwest shore. if you see a black nautique flag us down. 425-443-2421 if you want a pull.
Old     (liveoz)      Join Date: May 2002       10-10-2006, 8:29 PM Reply   
Ok, If you want to see some amatuer riding in the grey and foggy NW, then you'll love this video
http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=20391
Old     (jpk)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-10-2006, 10:52 PM Reply   
The entire lake was empty except for two other boats this evening. Yet for some reason, with all those square miles of open water, some dude insisted on running back and forth through our line. Go figure.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-10-2006, 10:57 PM Reply   

quote:

Yet for some reason, with all those square miles of open water, some dude insisted on running back and forth through our line. Go figure.

they're prolly saying the same thing about you guys.
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-11-2006, 5:53 AM Reply   
thanks troy.
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-11-2006, 7:30 AM Reply   
Nice work guys and girls!!!

Wish I could be there,
jjakober
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-11-2006, 7:40 AM Reply   
Was Sara playing with a squeaky toy or something at the end when Mike was talking?
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-11-2006, 7:54 AM Reply   
That’s the "congratulations on sticking something sweet" horn. I guess the horn in Troy's boat doesn't work. They need to have a sweet horn sound clip loaded up on their MP3 player so when something cool happens they can just pick it and blast it out to the rider!!
Old     (liveoz)      Join Date: May 2002       10-11-2006, 10:52 AM Reply   
JPK,

That was probably us running the same line. We always run the line on the east shore to stay in deeper water and not beat up the docks so bad on the other side. 2 boats running the same line is way better than having 2 boats running on 2 different lines. 2 or 3 boats on the North End destroy the water when they run different lines or better yet run a box pattern around you.

Cliff, Jason is correct, that is the squeaky horn, that is reserved for something special. I think I will get something on the ipod to blast back to the rider, that is a good idea.
Old     (jpk)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-11-2006, 11:08 AM Reply   
No worries. We always run a tight line along shore between two buoys to minimize traffic. I was kinda figuring that with the east side of the lake being so long and the lake being so empty, folks would want to run between two other points along the same side and never see another roller or boat.
Old     (slaysher)      Join Date: Jun 2006       10-11-2006, 11:56 AM Reply   
water was amazing this last weekend...i thought the weather was going to be we got out around 10:30 on sat. and the sun came right out about an hour later.

i went out yesterday around 2 and it was pretty much glass everywhere. good times.
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-11-2006, 12:35 PM Reply   
When I lived on the lake I always thought it was funny when people would get mad at me for taking their line even though technically they were riding right in front of my dock, the place we rode 9 times a week. Its kinda like going to the Northshore in hawaii and thinking that just cause you got there first, you are going to get the best waves, its not gonna happen. I guess this creates an interesting debate on at which point a line can be considered owned.
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-11-2006, 12:53 PM Reply   
Saturday at 1:30pm....
Upload
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-11-2006, 1:51 PM Reply   
And it just keeps going and going and going.
Upload

It's all mine Friday from 10am on, so stay out of my line!
Old     (liveoz)      Join Date: May 2002       10-11-2006, 3:42 PM Reply   
Cliff, Me and some friends are doing a tubing event for underprivledged Medina residents. Should be about 10 boats on the north end and 15 on the south end. I think it's 10 - 2.
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-11-2006, 4:43 PM Reply   
Troy,

Do you have any room in the boat for me?? I would really like to get in some serious tubing action, and if that takes a 5 hour drive to do it, then I am in. That's the one thing that was missing at Pateros this year, not enough tubing, or surfing!!

Later,
jjakober
Old     (bailey)      Join Date: May 2001       10-11-2006, 4:51 PM Reply   
Cliff
I will split it with you on friday. I should be out there but don't worry I know how to keep the waves down. I heard it was calm all day today right up until I got off work.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-11-2006, 6:00 PM Reply   
Robert,

We'll be in a Super with all of our trick ski's and surf boards. Look for me in flaming orange stretch pants with flames.
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-11-2006, 8:46 PM Reply   
a-hem! OUR line.

My boat Sat am. Jeff/Brad, call me (I know you're lurking)
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-12-2006, 3:46 PM Reply   
Anyone have room for bonnie and myself this weekend? Brooke will be at g-ma's so we would love to get out on the water.
Old     (jeffr)      Join Date: May 2002       10-13-2006, 12:37 PM Reply   
Oh how I appreciate when my friends call me at work. Yeah I know I should have taken some time off! Cliff and Dave wanted to say hi to everyone….
application/mswordUpload
LakeSammPic.doc (53.8 k)
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-13-2006, 1:46 PM Reply   
10am
Upload

11am
Upload

12pm
Upload

1pm
Upload

After 3 1/2hrs of it, we finally had enough and gave up.
Old     (jeffr)      Join Date: May 2002       10-13-2006, 2:16 PM Reply   

Let's hope that means you will be too tired to ride a 2nd and 3rd set in the AM.
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-13-2006, 3:34 PM Reply   
you guys suck. I guess I will be seeing you tomorrow at 9:30 sharp. Hey jeff- you should get there at 9:00 so we will actually be ready to go at 9:30.
Old     (bailey)      Join Date: May 2001       10-13-2006, 4:45 PM Reply   
I think I hit the only rough patch. The fog didn't burn off this morning too early so take that into account when you make plans.
Cliff your wake is a monster. You went by a few times and I was surprised how large it was.
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-13-2006, 5:10 PM Reply   
Jeff - I almost rode a 3rd set today and will tomorrow if the conditions hold on long enough.

quote:

Hey jeff- you should get there at 9:00 so we will actually be ready to go at 9:30.

BAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Robert - Funny. It's actually tamed WAAAAY down from it's scary size. I'd say it's not that large, but it is very meaty/thick.
Old     (jeffr)      Join Date: May 2002       10-13-2006, 5:36 PM Reply   
Yeah Yeah.
Knee brace... check. Ear plugs... check. Dry suit.... check. Board of the day... check. Binding.... yeah the BOA takes a while... check.
Advil for later... check.
Lead all loaded from the truck to the boat... check.

And I got my Starbucks in too...

Tell you what... you only ride for 5 minutes... so go ride a set while I get ready and our schedules should all work out just fine.
See you in the AM... 7:00 AM right!
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-13-2006, 5:51 PM Reply   
Robert,

Were you in the orange Malibu? If it was you, I apologize for not stopping to say hello. For some reason I thought you had a Sport Nautique. We'll be in Dave's white 211 Super Air tomorrow. If you see us, track us down for an intro.
Old     (bailey)      Join Date: May 2001       10-13-2006, 5:59 PM Reply   
Cliff
I ride behind a black and white malibu sportster.(No tower but a good size wake) I saw that orange malibu going back and forth in front of the dock barefooting. It calmed down a little bit after we were done. I guess I got the only part of the day that was windy with boat waves. I got a little bit of calm water but couldn't do anything with it.
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-13-2006, 6:03 PM Reply   
Jeff,

Is the board of the day a Natural?? If not, what are you waiting for?

JJakober

PS: You guys have it pretty good getting to ride so much, must be nice!!
Old     (jeffr)      Join Date: May 2002       10-13-2006, 6:54 PM Reply   
Jakober.... To tell you the truth... I can't remember. Maybe?? I need to give it another shot to be sure.

I can hear the words already as I am loading up to leave in the morning..... REMEMBER TO WEAR YOUR HELMET!

Waiting for a hook up... not gonna pay retail.
Old     (billyjodonjimbo)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-14-2006, 5:17 PM Reply   
I def saw that super air out there today.

I was in the red and white 2001.

looked like you guys were having fun.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-15-2006, 11:07 AM Reply   
Miles,

We saw you up north. That's one nice little Nautique you have. I was the moron repeatedly trying to going toeside.
Old     (jpk)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-15-2006, 11:17 AM Reply   
Hey Miles, we saw you out there on Sat. Glad you got to get out and enjoy that perfect water. It was the best of the year, I think. Too bad it was the coldest too! The wind got bitter cold later in the mid-afternoon.

I managed to strain my right pec and my shoulder so I didn't have the greatest set ever. But we did have some fun riding doubles and Chris totally killed it.
Old     (jpk)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-15-2006, 11:18 AM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-15-2006, 11:19 AM Reply   
J-you can ride anytime you want. Just drive the way the sun sets for a few hours.

Miles that is a clean 2001. Looks like you were havin' a good time.

Jonfo and us crossed paths and had a wake war. HAHAHAHA! His rider and mine both fell as they tried crossing rhe other's wakes. That was a solid hit when we crossed that wake.

Cliff were's the video/pics?
Old     (jonfo)      Join Date: May 2002       10-15-2006, 12:36 PM Reply   
I had a first time rider out there when we passed, and you are right, he got swallowed by your wake. I was going to turn around when i saw you but i figured he had a better chance if i kept going straight.

I think i am putting mine away on thursday, so if you are going to be out again let me know and maybe i can get a pull.
Old     (liveoz)      Join Date: May 2002       10-15-2006, 12:42 PM Reply   
Jon,

Barring an early freeze, I'll have my boat on the water until Dec 1st. Maybe me, you and Mike can get out a couple times in the early afternoons
Old     (jonfo)      Join Date: May 2002       10-15-2006, 12:45 PM Reply   
I'm down for that. i am 1 mile north of vasa.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-15-2006, 1:23 PM Reply   
Jon,

Jeff and I don't put our boats away, so just let us know if your interested in winter riding.
Old     (girlwhoboards)      Join Date: Aug 2003       10-15-2006, 1:33 PM Reply   
i was with Miles in the red and white boat...i learned that trying to be tough and not bringing/wearing my drysuit is just plain dumb
:-(. it's drysuit season for me now as 60 degrees and not being able to feel my left foot for several hours is not cool at all hehe. glad there are still people getting out...and even though i live on lake wa i'd have to say lake samm rules :-).
-Kim
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-15-2006, 5:03 PM Reply   
Jonfo - Ski Patrol isn't requiring much of my time yet, so the boat is still ready until T-Giving unless it gets really cold before then. With everyones elses boats out I think there's plenty of room somewhere. I'll PM you next time we go.

Kim - Ask Cliff how WARM (?) he was in his Spring Suit (short arms & short legs). Oh and BTW he had to ride showing his package because he forgot to pack the trunks to cover up with. Can't wait much longer for the pictures/vid. BAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAAA!!!!
Old     (girlwhoboards)      Join Date: Aug 2003       10-15-2006, 7:04 PM Reply   
are you working up at the summit as I'll be on the race/events crew again this year. I don't know if i want to see the pics/vid hehe but i was mighty cold in my neoprene top and short short so i can relate to cliffs story minus the trunks...silly me for thinking i was tough.
-Kim
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-15-2006, 7:27 PM Reply   
Nuttin but a shorty (remember the shorts) again next week. I refuse to wear a dry suit before the water gets below 55 degrees.

Last year, I made it through the second week of October before I had to give in. This year I'm hoping to make it all the way to November.
Old     (girlwhoboards)      Join Date: Aug 2003       10-15-2006, 10:16 PM Reply   
haha...you get my "tough guy" award for lake samm :-).
Old     (bailey)      Join Date: May 2001       10-16-2006, 7:48 PM Reply   
It is getting colder but it certainly isn't drysuit weather yet.
I did see someone out riding with a long suit and a hood last week.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-17-2006, 2:07 PM Reply   
Weather forecast says shorty conditions again this weekend.

Upload
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-17-2006, 2:20 PM Reply   
Cliff - It's Tuesday. Made your plans yet. LOL!

Robert - Full suit last w/e, no hood. But then ask around, I'm a pussy when it comes to being cold. Then again, it sure is fun laughing at Cliff when he's shivering so bad he can't take a second set. Being a pussy has some advantages.
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-17-2006, 2:31 PM Reply   
why wait until this weekend? Its looking pretty good right now.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-17-2006, 2:58 PM Reply   
You don't need a second set when your first is forty five minutes.

My shivering may have had something to do with the fact that I spent more time in the water than on it. I will NEVER, NEVER, NEVER strap that board on my feet again!
Old     (daren)      Join Date: Apr 2004       10-17-2006, 3:18 PM Reply   
Is anyone riding tomorrow afternoon?

I have been wearing my drysuit but it's packed full of ice, thumb tacks, and fiberglass shavings.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-17-2006, 3:21 PM Reply   
What time you riding Daren? I might be able to run over to the lake for a set.

OBTW,

I roll in broken glass before I put my shorty on.
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-17-2006, 4:00 PM Reply   
Water temp is 57, have fun with that. Once again I was the first to put my drysuit on this season and I'll be the last one to take it off next season. So does anyone have room for me on sat?
Old     (liveoz)      Join Date: May 2002       10-17-2006, 5:37 PM Reply   
I'll have room for you Mike. Also looking to hit the water around 4pm tomorrow if you are down for that