Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 21, 2008

Old     (pf728)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-08-2008, 8:51 AM Reply   
I just bought a boat in texas and im shipping it to my home (1500 miles away). I got on
uship.com and set a target price of about .90 per mile and got 10 people right of the bat that are willing to ship it for me. My question is.. what are my concerns? Are these all legit people or maybe some that are trying to scam (it is the net) What kind of questions should i ask and what should i do? All help is greatly appreciated.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-08-2008, 9:19 AM Reply   
Ask them if they are licensed, bonded, and insured. Ask to see proof of their policies, maybe some references for them as well.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-08-2008, 9:21 AM Reply   
http://www.uship.com/Boats/articles/choosing-boat-carrier/

pretty good info here.
Old     (jsxstar)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-08-2008, 9:40 AM Reply   
^^Above is all good information

Ask them if the have an MC#. Then run that number through safersys.com. This will allow you to see if they have insurance, DOT approval, bonds and such.

I work for a freight company and every carrier we use must be a "satisfactory" carrier on safersys to move shipments.
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-08-2008, 9:52 AM Reply   
MAKE SURE THEY HAVE GOOD FEED BACK!!!
Old     (slowjet)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-08-2008, 10:03 AM Reply   
Once you pick someone post their 6 digit MC# and I'm sure one of us that's in the freight world can do a performance check on some of our industry websites. Or you can pm it to me and I'll do it for you.
Old     (pf728)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-08-2008, 5:21 PM Reply   
Thanks for all the help guys! This is the best forum! Brondno Ill let you know who i choose and you can help me make a final decision.

Patrick
Old     (slowjet)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-09-2008, 9:39 AM Reply   
Ok Patrick sent you the email on them. Let me know what they say.