Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2006

Old    umdank            08-22-2006, 11:27 PM Reply   
People you need to tell me this before I make my purchase. Is this board worth it? is this board good enough to make it my one rider? Tell me peeps
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-23-2006, 1:26 AM Reply   
Well, I love it. Take the 4 removable fins out and it's super loose, insanely fast, pops beautifully, and is just more fun than you know what to do with. It hits the wake and puts in cuts equally as well... There is nothing that you can't do well on this board.

I rode a Balance before this board, and wanted something as smooth and fun but wanted a mellow feel riding straight, a knifey cut, and a slightly more rocker & bigger flat spot. This board met my specs almost exactly. It's even more versatile than I initially thought it would be.

I bought a Substance this year to give it a ride, and I ended up going back to my Fish (if that gives you any indication of how much i like it)

Would I buy it again after having ridden it for 2 seasons? without a doubt. Is it for everyone? Definitely not.

My recommendation: buy the board and ride it... it will, at the very least, help progress your riding skill and throw a very different style board at you. And if you don't like it, sell it!
Old     (vlxray)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-23-2006, 5:42 AM Reply   
I have the 129 but thought about getting the 133. I love the way it rides but feel that my feet are a little too close to the ends. I ate it really hard once by landing nose-heavy and got a concussion. The shop guy warned me about this. I'm 5'9" and weigh 160 so the 129 is what was recommended for me. I think I'd like the 133 better.
Old     (darkstar)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-23-2006, 6:22 AM Reply   
Anodyne,

Hey I just got the 2006 FISH 133 last night. I will be riding it today. I put the fins in. What can I expect? and with the fins out does it track well enough for you? Thanks for any info.
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       08-23-2006, 9:44 AM Reply   
I ride an 05 Fish and really like it.
I noticed no one had pictures of an 07 fish when all those pics were floating around. Does anyone know if there will be an 07 fish.
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-23-2006, 9:59 AM Reply   
Tim-

You can expect a quick, responsive ride. Pay attention to how quickly the board accelerates. The pop is comfortable on this board as well... you don't get kicked around to achieve good height.

I love the way it tracks with the fins out... it's very loose in neutral, but as soon as you set it on an edge, it gallops with very little effort.

I can see where it would be easy to go over the front, but luckily I've never felt that pain... I weigh 180 and ride the 129 for reference.

Hope you like it, and good luck!
Old     (darkstar)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-23-2006, 10:07 AM Reply   
Anodyne,

Thanks for the info. Sounds like what I am looking for, I am pumped. I am stuck in the office until about 5:30 and then I will get to hit the water. Take care.
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-23-2006, 10:10 AM Reply   
Oooh... that's rough.

Is there a drugstore nearby where you could purchase some syrup of ipecac during your lunch break?? That's the route i'd take...
Old     (darkstar)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-23-2006, 10:17 AM Reply   
3 people are already on vacation or I would be out there. Instead I will be on wakeworld and youtube until I get out. All in a days work.
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-23-2006, 2:44 PM Reply   
i have a 2006 129 fish and i love it, it's my only board. it pops huge and lands super soft. it holds when i need it to and is loose when i need it too, i could not ask for a better board!

i first rode without the fins and loved the looseness of it but i was washing out a lot on my 180s and front rolls so i put the fins on and bam the board stuck like crazy on the landings i had to give up some of the looseness i liked but it was worth it to me for the landings
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-23-2006, 4:01 PM Reply   
Check out the tail on this pic (unfortunately, didn't catch all of it in the frame!)... Another reason why I love the little FishUpload