Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 12, 2006

Old    apflum            06-13-2006, 7:21 PM Reply   
Just wondering where everyone in KY/OH go for the best wakeboarding. We normally go to Cumberland or Laurel.
Old     (supra24ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-13-2006, 7:55 PM Reply   
cumberland, about every day
Old    apflum            06-13-2006, 7:57 PM Reply   
THAT GREAT we come down every chance we get? do you ever hang at PARTY cove?
Old     (supra24ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-14-2006, 4:33 PM Reply   
i live on the lake about 5 min from party cove
Old     (boarderkruer)      Join Date: Oct 2002       06-15-2006, 9:25 AM Reply   
I Ride Rough River on the weekends as you can always find good water there and Taylorsville Lake during the week after work.
Old     (kystyle)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-15-2006, 11:54 AM Reply   
We go to the KY river for day trips and either Laurel, Cumberland, or Dale Hollow for weekend trips. The KY has the best riding conditions you could possibly want at all times.
Old     (cool232)      Join Date: Jan 2006       06-20-2006, 5:48 AM Reply   
WE go to Dale hollow, I've been looking for more people to ride with, if your in the area let me know.
Old     (dfxr58)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-20-2006, 9:23 AM Reply   
i usually go to taylorsville lake. during the week there is some really good water. how is rough river? i heard it wasnt all that great for riding.
Old     (boarderkruer)      Join Date: Oct 2002       06-20-2006, 9:34 AM Reply   
Rough River on the weekend is like Taylorsville Lake on a weekday. It all depends on where you go. North Fork and Axtel area is always busy. I put in at Bills marina and run from there to the ski course and can always find good water. I will be at Taylorsville Lake Tomorrow evening, Friday and Sunday. There is an INT tournament on Sunday with practice on Friday evening at Taylorsville Lake be sure to check this out and sign up to ride. For more info go to intleague.com, click on KY or email me for more info.
Old     (dfxr58)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-20-2006, 9:47 AM Reply   
i am in lexington at school right now, but i might be heading that way to ride tonight, i will try and ride out and see the int event this weekend
Old     (kystyle)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-20-2006, 10:12 AM Reply   
Jeremy, if you are in Lexington, you should check out the KY river. We live in Lexington and can make it to the ramp that we use in less than thirty minutes. It's complete butter 100% of the time. PM me if you are looking for people to ride with.
Old     (kystyle)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-20-2006, 10:16 AM Reply   
Invitation is also open to anybody looking to ride around Lexington.
Old     (cool232)      Join Date: Jan 2006       06-20-2006, 11:09 AM Reply   
Michael send me an email hook up with you guys I live in lexington also.
Old     (boarderkruer)      Join Date: Oct 2002       06-20-2006, 11:56 AM Reply   
I did not know that the KY river is deep enough to have a wakeboard boat on it. Is the channel kept open by the Core of Engineers or is it pretty risky business unless you know the river? Let me know where to put in at. I am looking for riders also if anyone needs a pull.
Old     (kystyle)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-20-2006, 12:20 PM Reply   
I've only been on a small percentage of the KY River, but it is plenty deep enough for boats. There was even a ski course on it for a while. If it rains hard within 3 or 4 days of going riding I would go somewhere else because of stuff being washed into the river messing it up. This time of the year it is clean unless it rains quite a bit. As far as knowing the river, the only permanent hazards are rock barges that protrude out from tributaries, but they are pretty easy to spot. The scenery and quality of riding is second to none. There are even a few areas that are wide enough to drive dups. I put in at a place called nonesuch about 30 minutes outside of Lexington.
Old     (dfxr58)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-20-2006, 5:23 PM Reply   
michael thanks for the invite, right now i am staying in bardstown at my moms house for the summer (i gotta enjoy my last summer break before the "real world") and when i am in lex it is for school purposes, but i may hit you up one day.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       06-21-2006, 7:39 AM Reply   
Michael, looked for nonesuch,ky and there's nonesuch place
Old     (kystyle)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-21-2006, 7:51 AM Reply   
Yeah, its kind of a po-dunk place, but there is a nice ramp and there is no launch fee. I'll try and put together some specific directions and post them soon. I'll be going down there tommorow night after work.
Old     (rogersuofl)      Join Date: Jan 2006       06-22-2006, 7:28 AM Reply   
Brian, We will have to hook up sometime. I live in New Albany, and also have a cabin down at Rough. Unfortunately the cabin is two minutes from Axtel(long lick creek), so it is often difficult for me to find good water. I am fairly new to wakeboarding, so maybe we can hook up so that you can show me a couple things. You gonna be down July 4th weekend anytime??
Old     (boarderkruer)      Join Date: Oct 2002       06-22-2006, 10:16 AM Reply   
Not sure about the 4th yet, lookin for a houseboat trip to either Lake Cumberland or Norris Lake. We will for sure have meet up and ride sometime at Rough River as thats the Lake I am at most weekends.
Old     (nclasen)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-27-2006, 11:48 AM Reply   
Hey Brian...

You mentioned Sunday that you'd like to come out and ride with us on a week night soon. Sounds good to me. I think we are going to try to get out on Thursday evening this week. I get off at 5:30 so I'm usually on the water between 6 and 6:30. I'll be talking to Nick L tonight so I'll see if Thursday works for him too.

A couple of us rode last night and Taylorsville has never looked so good. We got the perfect pass dialed in to handle the extra weight no sweat so we are good to go.

INT was a good turn out this past weekend. I hope it is an indication of what we can expect at the Bluegrass Boardfest in 2 weeks. Would be great if we had even more riders but I'm guessing some INT will go down south for the KY/TN meet.
Old     (roughrivermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-28-2006, 5:16 AM Reply   
Nick,
Don't complain about the number of riders if you won't get your "pink boardshort arss" out there and ride yourself.
Before the wisecrack comeback, remember I had a concussion, and I'll tell Delanie that Carrie's husband was mean to me.
Old     (boarderkruer)      Join Date: Oct 2002       06-28-2006, 9:18 AM Reply   
Nick,

Yea, we will have more riders because YOU will be one of the riders out there at Bluegrass Boardfest!

I'm definitley down for riding Thursday. My board is strapped to the top of my Volkswagon today and lookin for a pull.

(Message edited by Boarderkruer on June 28, 2006)
Old    jesiday            06-28-2006, 12:43 PM Reply   
Hey guys,

I am getting ready to move back to Kentucky (Lexington area). I am definintely going to be looking for someone to ride with. I can drive, back trailers, park boats, drink, and just about anything else... Last time I was in Kentucky you didn't have to have third, so basically, I am just looking for a new crew to join.

-jesi
Old     (dfxr58)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-28-2006, 1:06 PM Reply   
nick, i hope you got an eye full monday night! i know i got darren pretty good. if you ever have room hit me up, i can get you some dinero for gas and drinks, etc. hit me up!
Old     (nclasen)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-28-2006, 2:34 PM Reply   
Always has to be about the boardshorts! I'm going to have to buy 2 more pair so I can wear them all weekend.

Brian I got your email, and I should be out there by 6. If anything changes I'll call you ahead of time. Hope the board is well strapped!

Jeremy email me your cell number again. The lake ate my cell a week or so ago. You need to get Steve to get his butt out there more. That boat looks great on the water (minus the glare).
Old     (reinle)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-29-2006, 10:23 AM Reply   
Nick... dont forget about me... and yea we have been trying to make steve get out on the water more. Im goin to try to convince him to get out tonight
Old     (kystyle)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-07-2006, 6:31 AM Reply   
Hey KY people, I was wondering if anybody had any info on the Bluegrass Boardfest this weekend (what days the different divisions are on and where on the lake the event will be located).

Thanks
Old     (j_b)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-07-2006, 7:35 AM Reply   
http://www.kyboatworks.com/content.asp?nav=90124&cpid=3424&
Old     (kystyle)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-07-2006, 8:14 AM Reply   
Yeah, I saw that, but there isn't a schedule or a location. I know it is on Taylorsville Lake, but I just want to know where on the lake, and which events are scheduled for Saturday and which events are scheduled for Sunday.
Old     (dfxr58)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-07-2006, 9:00 AM Reply   
talk to tommy at boatworks he should know. 502-477-2628. i think it is going to be at the state dock, up at the end by settler's trace.