Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-21-2005, 4:43 PM Reply   
so after posting my best pics that don't even look half as nice as some others (Steve. Bufflow, Walt, Bill j) I went and got a new toy. Thanks Walt for all your help!!!

Check it out
Old     (Walt)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-21-2005, 4:53 PM Reply   
Very nice Ant ! Your going to have a blast with your new toy.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-21-2005, 5:43 PM Reply   
pretty slick how you can take a pic w/o the cam ever leaving your bed. that's a pretty damn cool cam!

just kidding man! congrats! i bet you're stoked!
Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       04-18-2005, 10:32 AM Reply   
Ant, I've been looking at the same camera. Did you get a good deal on it? If so can I ask where? Shoot me an e-mail if you got a good deal.

Thanks.
Old     (Walt)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-18-2005, 3:04 PM Reply   
You can get the DRebel kit @ Costco for around 750.00
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-18-2005, 3:24 PM Reply   
Jae ~ I got mine for $719.00 at Sears.
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-18-2005, 3:24 PM Reply   
btw nice profile pic.
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       04-18-2005, 3:51 PM Reply   
Canon announced an upgrade to the Digital Rebel recently - Rebel XT (also known as the Rebel 350). It has some really nice features missing on the original and would be a better camera for shooting wakeboarding from a chase boat for example. For everyday stuff there isn't that much difference between them.

But the good news is that of course you can now pick up the original Rebel for much cheaper than before since the Rebel XT lists for the same price as the original - $999 with kit lens.

The original Rebel is 6mp while the XT is 8mp. That provides you with the ability to crop but unless you are planning to print very large prints (11x14 or greater) then the extra 2mp may not be worth the extra cost. Both cameras take really nice pictures once you know how to use them properly.

If you want to do nice sequence shots, then the Canon 20D is a better choice since it will do 5 frames per second instead of 3. But list price is about $1500.