Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 17, 2007

Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-11-2007, 9:22 PM Reply   
old, but still valid...

Upload
Old     (deltariderscom)      Join Date: May 2007       06-11-2007, 9:25 PM Reply   
Come on out to the DRA comp on Saturday, No problem with the set up.

Scott- it might take a few days to take that much weight out of your 215.

We will take a third party vote on the wake size. Any one want to be the test subject?
Old    walt            06-11-2007, 9:57 PM Reply   
The honest truth is I would of agreed with the idea of a smaller boat takes less weight statement too a few weeks back but It wasn't the case in the two boats that I rode behind and it's just that simple.Admittedly I'm no expert on the matter but there must be more to the equation than beam width. I rode them both side by side and the 215 was bigger IMO. If you went out and did the same side by side ride and had a different opinion I wouldn't bother arguing it because it's pointless. On the other hand some people like to argue no matter what.

As far as the bet between you guys goes I really don't see how you can pull that off. Who's going to be out there at 80 feet with the tape measure ?

quote:

EstevNO and wcw because why? there moderators!

That's way off base but I can appreciate you trying to stand up for your dad.
Old     (mrbigwake)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-11-2007, 10:01 PM Reply   
"I can appreciate you trying to stand up for your dad."

NO NO ,Thats way off base, he is not my dad.

(Message edited by mrbigwake on June 11, 2007)
Old    walt            06-11-2007, 10:05 PM Reply   
My mistake then but that's still not the case. It's just a difference in opinions and nothing more.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-11-2007, 10:13 PM Reply   
barefooters already measure wakes to compare boats...they made ways to measure. the wakes can be measured if someone takes the initiative.
http://www.barefootcentral.com/Boat_Review/boatreview_Frame.htm
read the left side to see how they did it and don't miss the barefoot boat bun
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-11-2007, 11:22 PM Reply   
mrbigwake, never have I disputed that on this thread. My posts here related the same message, I have more experience in a 210 and really like the loaded down wake. I introduced a new idea on this thread & that was...no one cares about stupid challenges. On top of it, who really wants to ride any boat with only 1200 of ballast? It's like getting a V6 Mustang, just ridiculous.
Old     (mrbigwake)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-12-2007, 8:46 AM Reply   
Big Heavy, I realize that you wern't arguing on this thread i was just using you as and example of people just not speaking up on sparky's behave. Just that tyler's statement of nobody agrees with him is completely false, there have been plenty of times that this has been gone over and tons of people agree.

quote "who really wants to ride any boat with only 1200 of ballest?"

well, people who are looking a nice wake that they can work on good form, rather then loading it down and just letting the wake pop you. once again looks like you might be pretty good so you might like that. Personal Preference

(Message edited by mrbigwake on June 12, 2007)
Old     (h20diva)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-12-2007, 8:57 AM Reply   
You guys are seriously acting like 6th graders going through puberty... I can't believe there is going to be a possible "wake size" competition at my event. I am appaulled that real men actually fight over wake size - talk about pathetic... Let it go people... Let it go! Don't you have better things to do than argue over insignificant things???
}
Like Brick said:

"Oh my... poor Brad. Remember Brad? I think he had a question about a 2000-2002 V210".

(Message edited by h20diva on June 12, 2007)
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-12-2007, 10:08 AM Reply   
mrbigwake - "
Big Heavy, I realize that you wern't arguing on this thread i was just using you as and example of people just not speaking up on sparky's behave"

Does that tell you something?
Old     (mrbigwake)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-12-2007, 12:29 PM Reply   
yea it does tell me something for some reason you guys previously said something and on this thread you don't want to speak up. what does that tell you?
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-12-2007, 1:09 PM Reply   
Tells me that you won't get it 'til someone comes out and says it straight up.

Maybe Sparky could make his points without making an ass of himself. At this point, even if I agreed with what he was saying, no way would I support his arguement. Not the 1st time, either...

Stay in school.

(Message edited by socalwakepunk on June 12, 2007)
Old     (mrbigwake)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-12-2007, 2:07 PM Reply   
How about the other people that keep this s#!t going. Its not just him, he was out remember? and they still kept asking questions!

Go back to school
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-12-2007, 7:37 PM Reply   
Stacey, don't worry, I wouldn't do anything to distract from your event. I wouldn't even think about doing anything like that. Besides, I wouldn't want any distractions while we're trying to prove this blatant point. You should go back and take a look at who REALLY took this thread off topic cuz it sure wasn't me. Your husband, or anyone else for that fact, is going to need alot of "magical" help if they think they can get a bigger wake out of a 215 with 1100 or 1200lbs total ballast in it at 23.5 than a 210. I've owned three Sangers and been in a few more. This narrow beam versus wide beam topic has been discussed and agreed upon so many times its past redundant but it's all about alliances on here, not honesty.

Gary sorry I'm not O.K. with the idea of doing it at a DRA event. Looks like you have your hands full just trying to complete the event itself with the authorities giving you a hard time. Somewhere in between our locations with nothing else going on would be much better. You let me know. I'll be waiting.

My boat does quite well for where I choose to have it right now. Plenty big for us and at 4 gallons an hour or so, it doesen't break the bank. I had a friend out recently throwing just about everything huge behind it, TS 5's, HS 5's, HS 3's, TS 3's, TS Fronts, Whirly's, Scarecrow's, Rolls both ways just to name a few. I believe one of your own was with us that day Gary, that kid that does that your web work. Ask him if you don't believe me.

And no Walt, Mrbigwake is not my kid. Now who's making the ASSumptions?(Sorry, couldn't resist!)

(Message edited by wake_upppp on June 12, 2007)
Old    walt            06-12-2007, 7:52 PM Reply   

quote:

And no Walt, Mrbigwake is not my kid. Now who's making the ASSumptions?

We covered that already Sparky but it's interesting how he knew Richards last name.
Old     (scott313)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-12-2007, 8:18 PM Reply   
This post got me wondering what my 215 wake would be like at Sparky's specifications so I tried it out today. Here's some pictures of the wake with ONLY 1200lbs in the boat, 3 people, 23.5mph, at 80ft. The rider is 6ft, thanks Daryl for being my test subject!

Upload

Upload
Upload
Old     (load)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-12-2007, 8:23 PM Reply   
Wish I was out today, hittin it tomorrow late afternoon. Scott how was it today?
Old     (scott313)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-12-2007, 8:38 PM Reply   
Doug, it was great today. Vics what butter all day. We'll be out tomorrow, see you in the afternoon!
Old     (humboldtboarder)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-12-2007, 8:44 PM Reply   
Sparky, is your bet on the wake height only, or height and width?
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-12-2007, 8:50 PM Reply   
Do you mean width from wake to wake? It's pretty much a given that the 215 wake is wider from wake to wake. I'm talking height.
Old     (load)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-12-2007, 9:20 PM Reply   
Launching at 4, maybe we will bring 2 pop bags to enhance the wake

See you out there
Old     (heeb_v215)      Join Date: Feb 2007       06-12-2007, 10:56 PM Reply   
Hey Scott,
Is the 1200 stock Ballast? Looks good
Old     (scott313)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-13-2007, 7:48 AM Reply   
Heeb,
The stock ballast was empty in those photos,that was 1200lbs of lead. The stock ballast is a little less weight than that but at a slower speed the wake is similar.
Old     (deltariderscom)      Join Date: May 2007       06-13-2007, 8:13 AM Reply   
Scott,

Nice, I knew it would peak your curiosity.

Sparky,
I think that this whole thing got a little out of control and the point (as meaningless as it is) has been lost. Your passion towards Sanger is great for the company and the brand. As well as your determination to prove your point but at some time we as adults need to realize in the whole game of life it’s meaningless. I think Load made the most valid point that "I think "best" is in the eye of the beholder" and in reality someone will always think something is better and how could you ever prove it wrong if they choose to believe it true. With that said Sorry Brad for loosing your question along the way? Now let this thread die.

I would like to try a comparison though for my own curiosity.
V210

Upload

V215
Upload
Upload
Old     (brad_m)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-13-2007, 10:50 AM Reply   
And to think this whole thing started with my innocent question
Old     (flip360)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-13-2007, 11:14 AM Reply   
Brad, if owning a Sanger does this maybe checkout some other boats.
Old     (_jason_)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-13-2007, 12:23 PM Reply   
hahahaha @ Cory. Thats a classic!
Old     (dcase69)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-13-2007, 6:12 PM Reply   
i just wanted to bring notice to how cool that guy in scotts pictures was. i bet chicks are all over him. now get back to arguing.
Old     (dhr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-14-2007, 10:34 AM Reply   
YEA RIGHT !!!
Old     (wrencher)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-14-2007, 12:18 PM Reply   
Cory; don't let me ever get like this
check out the new ride in my profile,
Old     (brick)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-14-2007, 12:32 PM Reply   
Darin the new graphics look good.
Old     (flip360)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-14-2007, 2:02 PM Reply   
Darin looks sweet cant wait to check it out. When are we going to load full of weight and spill some beer in it to break it in right. I think you did that to mine. I like your favorite rider thats way your the good guy and I'm always in trouble