Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 20, 2006

Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-01-2006, 9:14 AM Reply   
just like the title implies...whats byerly, harf, watson, murray ect. ect. gonna be riding behind this year? from what ive seen, the 220 wake doesnt look that good either, but i havent ridden behind one...whats yalls take?
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-01-2006, 9:29 AM Reply   
It was my impression that only Byerly used the "old" SAN last year anyway.

I think saying that the new 210 sucks is fairly strong language. I have an acquaintance that has a 220 and he loves the wake. He was coming from a Tige 22V and tested a few boats before making the decision....so it is not as if he just purchased the 220 because it was the new SAN... He is an informed rider/boater.

However, I guess to answer the question....the pros will ride whatever Correct Craft is kind enough to give them. I truly don't think they care that much as long as they have a serviceable wake, it is more promo related. When they are free riding with friends, it is whatever boat is available(that is my understanding, not that I am hanging with people who are paid to do this).
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       12-01-2006, 9:51 AM Reply   
Since tournaments are pulled by a variety of boats, Mastercraft has all tour events, Malibu - Worlds, Tige - US Open, Supra - Gravity Games, etc. the pros ride a variety of wakes. Proving that if you have the skill and put in the practice time you can perform any trick behind any brand of boat and wake shape. Pros probably spend less time arguing about wake shape and more time learning how to use what they have.
Old     (planetnautique)      Join Date: Oct 2003       12-01-2006, 10:09 AM Reply   
I look for some of them to use the 236. I know of at least one on that list who wanted the 236 over the 210 or the 220.

Here's a shot of the wake of a weighted 236.

Upload
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-01-2006, 10:17 AM Reply   
Jeff, I see that you have your boat for sale. What are you planning on riding behind next year?
Old     (planetnautique)      Join Date: Oct 2003       12-01-2006, 10:22 AM Reply   
Yes, it is for sale. I will be sad to see it go, and someone is going to get a super nice boat.

I'm hoping to be in a 236 next year.
Old     (bigjackamo)      Join Date: Aug 2002       12-01-2006, 10:24 AM Reply   
I must be in the minority. I had a 220 and love the wake and I was a diehard 210 person (old school 210).

I still see alot of people say they have not rode a 220 wake, probably because of low production numbers for the first year.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-01-2006, 10:27 AM Reply   
That is a reasonable price as well. I have always admired your boat, it has a great look and appears to have been maintained VERY well.

Love the extra seat.

Someone is going to be VERY happy with that in their garage.
Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-01-2006, 10:29 AM Reply   
Most Pro's can probably do more behind a jet ski than most of us (including and especially me) will ever be able to do behind any boat. As long as there is a resemblance of a wake, they'll get it done.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-01-2006, 10:36 AM Reply   
Phil, I do not think your are in the minority. Like I stated above, the person I know who purchased a 220 did not go in with blinders on. He made a informed decision and I don't think he "settled" in the least. he could have purchased a 210 or waited until this year and purchased a new 210....or bought another brand for that matter. It is the boat and wake he wanted.

No so much better or worse than the "old" SAN....just different.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-01-2006, 10:41 AM Reply   
They dont care what boat CC gives them. They all ride behind Rustys XSTAR anyway, and leave the CC on the dock.

(Message edited by woreout on December 01, 2006)
Old    K.B.C.            12-01-2006, 10:51 AM Reply   
Maybe, they definitely don't ride behind one of those crappy new X-2s though
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-01-2006, 10:53 AM Reply   
Hey wait a second.
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-01-2006, 11:22 AM Reply   
like i said i havent ridden the 220, but ive had one right next to mine while riding and ive seen others and everytime someone is riding the wake is washed out on both sides, it was just an ugly wake, maybe it gets better with extra weight. i personally dont care for the inside of the 220. im just dissappointed about the changes in the new 210 and the feed back people have been sayin on WW. And im pretty sure pros are VERY picky about their wake, anyone ever seen how pros load their boats up?
Old     (bigjackamo)      Join Date: Aug 2002       12-01-2006, 11:58 AM Reply   
EJ, I think you and I are on the same page. I like the 210 (old school) and the 220. They are just differnt.

BTW, not sure what they were doing with the one you saw Kevin, but at 20 or so the 220 wake does fall over, but speed it up and it is nice and clean. Maybe they were riding way slow.
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-01-2006, 12:09 PM Reply   
that might have been it, i do have to say that that 236 wake is bigger than the fully loaded Epic with full crew
Old     (bigbird1031)      Join Date: Jun 2006       12-01-2006, 12:21 PM Reply   
easy on the x2
Old     (projectely4)      Join Date: Apr 2003       12-01-2006, 12:37 PM Reply   
first lets tell the truth behind that 236 wake. that boat doesn't have stock ballast in it, it has 4000 plus pounds of weight.
you can put less weight than that in a XSTAR and get just as big of wake

Scott, actually there a few pros riding behind X2's, and if you know how to properly weight you can get one of the best shapes out their with very good size. yes there may be bigger wakes but the shape is money and until there is a comparison of all the wakes with either stock ballast or the same amount of total weight in the boat then the argument will never actually show good proof.

I like how everyone says you need aton of weight to get a good wake out of a MC but here is a thread with a picture of a wake and nobody knows how much weight is in it when there is over 4000 lbs.
oh yeah, and im gonna have to agree with that the CC pros dont care what boat they get because they all try to hop on an Xstar anyways. haha danny harf's 1080. CC rider, MC Boat. im gonna have to leave it at that
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-01-2006, 12:41 PM Reply   
go billy go
Old     (crowmobe540)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-01-2006, 12:51 PM Reply   
the pros can ride any wake and do all their tricks. I suck so I need a steep wake like the old 210
Old    K.B.C.            12-01-2006, 2:24 PM Reply   
my comment was directly related to Billy's bashing of CC in a thread that had nothing to do with MC at all. I have nothing against the X-2. Bash and get bashed back.

Oh and there is this one guy, I think his name is Randy Harris. He still rides the 210, so let's not get into the this, "this pro is sponsored by this company but rides behind this boat" thing, it's stupid. They all ride behind each other's boats, just like I own a CC and ride behind my friends MC all of the time. If you think a 10 can only be pulled behind an MC you're an idiot.
Old     (projectely4)      Join Date: Apr 2003       12-01-2006, 4:36 PM Reply   
im not saying that 10's cant be done behind other boats but its funny that they have only been landed behind a MC. i dont know why this is either, it could just be a coincidence. yep thats right it must be a coincidence. how could i have not thought of that earlier.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-01-2006, 5:06 PM Reply   
WES, what ballast do you run in your 210 with your world class wake?

Guys, I value a boat that kicks up a great wake with moderate ballast. More ballast means worse handling, less storage and much more gas consumption.
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-01-2006, 6:52 PM Reply   
you know what ticks me off...i started this thread to talk about the 210 and the changes and whats in store for their team now, and i get all this bull $h*t about whats boats better mc or cc. GROW UP!!! someone else out there has got to be getting tired of the mc cc trash talkin too. they both have proven track records so why dont you mc AND cc guys quit and leave your egos out of it. It wont be long till they pull a 1260 behind a rubber dingy. I just want to know if anyone knows what boat the pros will be using this year cus im curious. flame on i suppose is the term...
Old     (projectely4)      Join Date: Apr 2003       12-01-2006, 7:01 PM Reply   
ok well to answer your question. I know the Projects is using the 220, but personally i think some of the pros will be using the new 210, as well as the 226 and 236.
Old     (cbrown)      Join Date: Jan 2004       12-01-2006, 7:49 PM Reply   
I know that shaun murray has been using the 226 for the past few years, at least on his Backyard Tour. From my understanding a lot of the pros are wanting the big rampy wakes now that compare to the X-Star. Obviously if that is what you ride behind on the tour, that is what you want to ride behind on a regular basis.If Malibu, Nautique, Supra etc pulled the tour then a lot of pros would probably ride behind those as well. Also what boat was Mark Kenny riding behind when he landed his 10s, granted there was no video proof but a respectable person in the business is an eyewitness. I can assure you one thing it was not the almighty 03 and newer Xstar.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-01-2006, 8:02 PM Reply   
This is the same old S___ we have heard before. This boat needs to be run and dialed in before any one starts bashing it. We heard the same stuff about the X-2's when they came out, and even though I'm a MC man, we need to wait until someone has put some time playing with it to see if it works or not...I'd be willing to help out if needed

IMO, until this boat is out for six months or so, save your energy...
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       12-01-2006, 8:15 PM Reply   
Word Byrd!
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       12-02-2006, 8:13 AM Reply   
I hate to make this comment, but when I rode with Watson, Harf, and Lucas on the new 236. Watson said that he hates the old 210 and he hates narrow wakes because you have to ride 80-85 feet to get a good wake. This makes no sense to me since he grew up riding the 210 for so many years. I couldnt believe he made this comment since the old 210 is like my top 3 boat if I could afford one and there are so many die-hard 210 riders. I know all the pros are moving to wider beams with wider wakes and more transition, but there are still a lot of smaller named pro's/reps who ride the 210.

(Message edited by malibuboarder75 on December 02, 2006)
Old     (tdc_worm)      Join Date: Sep 2002       12-02-2006, 4:36 PM Reply   
if you are getting paid by correct craft and given a free boat if you rep them, then you may be inclined to say that the old is old and the new is better...
Old     (projectely4)      Join Date: Apr 2003       12-02-2006, 5:02 PM Reply   
yeah but why are all the pros using the 226 and 236
Old     (tdc_worm)      Join Date: Sep 2002       12-02-2006, 6:10 PM Reply   
production issues. the 210 was just released in November. the pros have been touring with the 236 and 210 doing clinics all over the place, and the 236 has been around long enough to get it dialed...
Old     (swab791)      Join Date: Mar 2005       12-02-2006, 6:42 PM Reply   
Production issues...give me a break. What is CC doing still building in there old plant? CC susposedly builds this new "STATE OF THE ART PLANT" transfers all there OLD equipment into it, then says " WE CAN'T BUILD ENOUGN BOATS". I guess that in 07 they will still remain #5 behind Moomba/Supra in production till they get NEW equipment to build boats. and yes they are still using antiquated equipment to build boats in a FANCY building. THAT IS IT... END OF STORY !!!
I guess they really can't get em out. I talked myself into it.
Old     (swab791)      Join Date: Mar 2005       12-02-2006, 6:49 PM Reply   
By the way...I think ALL the "PROS" at least the good ones go behind the X-Star. At least that's the boat I always see on TV pulling people to new heights and record firsts. Always seems to get the GIRLS too...
Old     (tdc_worm)      Join Date: Sep 2002       12-02-2006, 8:13 PM Reply   
TK--get over yourself. when i said production issues, i was referring to the fact that the boat was released 30 days ago. assuming that they released the boat after they had a finished product worthy of distributing to the public, you could deduct 10 days of build time per boat from that 30 days. that leaves you 20 days before shipping and set up to get the boats out to all of the pros, have them dial it in and give you, TK, their first hand report. i never said that they said "we can't build enough boats." i used logic to determine why the dealerships are not over flowing with them.

here is a little more logic for you:
if you are sponsored by a company, you will do your best to represent that company. if a governing body of a competition does not allow you to use your sponsored equipment in their competition, then you are at a disadvantage. the only way to regain that edge is to train with the equipment that the governing body is using for their competion. to train on anything else would be handicapping yourself, placing your sponsorships in peril because you would likely not perform as well.

the bottom line is that the pros do not ride behind the X Star because it has the best wake (it may or may not, i am not arguing that). they ride behind the X Star because MasterCraft pays an a$$load of cash to have their boat be the exclusive towboat of the PWT.

now here is the beauty of the issue: because MasterCraft spends so much money sponsoring riders, paying to pull events, and marketing their boats, they have to find a way to get that money back. how do they do it? they pass the cost to the consumer. do you care to take a guess why nobody else asks for nearly as much money for their premier wakeboat? because they dont have the noteriety that the X Star gets because of the PWT...MasterCraft pays for that noteriety up front, the charges you for it when you buy the boat.

if you are drinking the X Star coolaid, enjoy it. if you refuse to drink anything else, you are missing out.
Old     (mcmike)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-02-2006, 8:34 PM Reply   
I like my MC koolaid with Grey Goose Vodka.
Old     (swab791)      Join Date: Mar 2005       12-03-2006, 8:04 AM Reply   
TDC,
Not only does the MC KOOLAIDE taste good...it is good for you too. I feel so much better after I drink it. Try some you might like it...

I don't know which boat you own. MC markets themselves like no one else out there in this industry. Why do you think all these other manufactuers copy there ideas? Don't use your dedustion theory on this one...its true and EVERYONE with 1/2 a brain can see it. Copying someone or something is the greatest form or flatery. With that said CC is susposed to be so great and in business such along time. Malibu is susposed to be building so many more boats then MC. Why are they NOT where MC is? don't even tell me they do as much as they say they do because they don't. They can't afford it.
MC is and always has been the leader. PERIOD. Sorry I don't see the PWT sponsered by anyone else. As a matter of fact I see the let downs by other manufactuers being picked up by MC. For instance the US OPEN. Dropped by Bu and picked up and revived by MC. Now it is the premier event hosted by MC for 3 event skiing. And guess what it does not cost the viewing public a dime. CC stand up and listen your little Masters Event may have some competition. Speaking of that I don't see Freddy Krueger or other MC Team members going out and training behind a CC to WIN those events.

The X-Star is in a League of its own.
Old     (tdc_worm)      Join Date: Sep 2002       12-03-2006, 6:04 PM Reply   
TK, you miss the point. i never hammered MC, all i said is that their success with their boats in general, and that their success with the X Star specifically is based largely on their extensive marketing campaign.

Not only does the MC KOOLAIDE taste good...it is good for you too.

i have ridden behind every boat there is. unless you are pulling 720s behind old Ski Nautique 2001's like byerly first did, you arent using any one of the given boats from any manufacturer to the fullest of its ability. until then, we are all just monkies on a string. i am glad you like MC. there is a reason they have done well. just remember that even the best boat ever (which the X Star may or may not be) would not sell at all if it werent marketed properly... something that MC has done masterfully.

I don't know which boat you own.

tell me how that is relevant to anything? i am not a brand loyalist, i buy what i want when i want.

MC markets themselves like no one else out there in this industry. Why do you think all these other manufactuers copy there ideas? Don't use your dedustion theory on this one...its true and EVERYONE with 1/2 a brain can see it.

your logic is flawed. people dont copy people because they market themselves. for example, GM markets themselves as the only vehicle manufcaturing group to offer a Vehicle tracking system in their OnStar feature. they market it, but why is there nobody else clammoring to copy them? and define for me what dedustion means...i couldnt find it on dictionary.com...

Copying someone or something is the greatest form or flatery.

i agree. lets play along:
--Correct Craft was the first to have a tower (revolutionary in the sport). Now MC has one.
--The PureVert ballast system was first patented by Calabria (no pumps and fills in less than 60 sec). MC tried to license and adapt it in the X Star, but they still have to use pumps because they couldnt get it right.
--Titan Wake Accessories was the first company to offer swivel board racks, now an industry standard. MC now uses swivel board racks.
--Skylon offered tower speakers before any one else. MC and everyone else offers them now also.
--people were weight down their boats with 5 gallon buckets of sand and cinder blocks before the first ballast system. aftermarket fat sacks were available before factory plumbed systems. sailboats have been using ballast in their keels for decades. ballast is now the industry standard. MC was not the first to think of it.

okay, i will throw you a bone here:

--MC was the first to offer a pickle fork bow. wait a minute. nope, that was cobalt, and MC followed them. at any rate, MC was first in the tow boat industry, and now Tige and MB Sports have pickle forks. it is safe to assume that, since it is not part of the running surface, that the pickle fork offers no performance advantage while the boat is running. but what about while the boat is at rest? is there a performance advantage or disadvantage? while i will grant you that the X Star is the sharpest looking of the pickle forks, it also requires the most amount of attention to keep it from taking water over the bow while at rest.

With that said CC is susposed to be so great and in business such along time. Malibu is susposed to be building so many more boats then MC. Why are they NOT where MC is? don't even tell me they do as much as they say they do because they don't. They can't afford it.

it is true that CC has been making towboats longer than anyone else. very astute obervation, but i am not sure what you are getting at.

it is true that Malibu sells more boats than anyone else. again, astute obervation, but i am not sure what where this one is supposed to stick either.

and what do yoy mean they are not where MC is? and where is your proof of which company has the highest profit margins and makes the most money? i dont know the answer to that question, and neither do you.

MC is and always has been the leader. PERIOD.

that is a subjective comment. if that is the conclusion you have arrived at, i am sure you would like to elighten us with us with how you got there.

Sorry I don't see the PWT sponsered by anyone else.

if you would care to enlighten us on the the terms of the contract and the bidding that goes into winning the right to pull this event, then your above statement may have some value. you don't know how long the contract is. you don't know how much each manufacturer is willing to bid. and you don't know the specifics of the relationship that MC has developed with the people in charge of the PWT.

As a matter of fact I see the let downs by other manufactuers being picked up by MC. For instance the US OPEN. Dropped by Bu and picked up and revived by MC. Now it is the premier event hosted by MC for 3 event skiing.

you dont know why a certain manufacturer may have dropped pulling a certain event. if you do, again, please enlighten us. it may very well have to do with negligence on the part of CC or Malibu, i dont know. but then again, it may be that they were outbid by somebody willing to pay more.

Speaking of that I don't see Freddy Krueger or other MC Team members going out and training behind a CC to WIN those events.

1. prove it.
2. this aint apples to apples chief.
-rather than using a wake to propel themselves, a ski jumper uses a ramp and speed. is that jump made by MC? so we can elminate that advantage. the speed advantage. indmar, pcm, and mercruiser all use GM blocks as the basis for maranizing their engines. malibu, skiers choice and MC all use indmar. their goes that advantage.
-likewise comparing slalom wakes between boats is not the same as comparing wakeboard wakes. slalom skiers are concerned with the lack of a wake and how hard the prop wash is. they could care less about shape. wakeboarders are not only concerned with size, but shape. remember, they are trying to get off the water. skiers are tyring to speed through it. shape is paramount and unique to each boat.

The X-Star is in a League of its own.

it may be. i never argued one way or the other. a few things i am quite cretain of is that it is in a price league of its own. i am also quite certain that it is in an ease of swamping league of its own. it is also in a cockpit interior lack of space relative to overall boat size league of its own. its in a you're stuck with only having two board racks league of its own. its in a pros have to train behind it to remian competitive league of its own because they are forced to ride behind it in the PWT. and to make you happy, it is in an 1080 league of its own.

you, having main lined the koolaide, probably couldnt even think of a single fault that MC has.

and to address your previous statement about what boat i own, i am in between boats right now, on the way to purchasing my 4th towboat, with a Calabria ProV being my most recent ride. my next boat decision has come down to your beloved X Star and the CC 220. both are great boats. MC makes the consumer eat the cost of the marketing they do. CC's are overpriced in their own right. Many of the MC's where i live have had quality issues (3 platforms have fallen off, 05 X2, 04 X Star and 05 X Star). CC doesnt want to listen to their consumers. The X Star has little cockpit room. The 220 has an awkward cockpit.

see what i am getting at here? i hate all boats, and my decision has come down to the boat that i hate the least. and lets be real here. even if your beloved X Star is a Lamborghini, and CC is a Ferrari, neither one of them will make me drive any faster in rush hour traffic (my skill level). the same applies to 99.9% of us, and that most likely includes you...
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-03-2006, 6:21 PM Reply   
yall are hopeless, people like TK piss me off. thanks to everyone who at least answered my questions. TK you are right, mc is the best company out there and their wakes are far superior than any other boat on the market, if i were a cool guy id have one too, now that youve heard what you want...SHUT THE **** UP!
Old     (mhayes)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-03-2006, 6:22 PM Reply   
Long post, but I quite enjoyed that......very nice tdc!
Old     (tdc_worm)      Join Date: Sep 2002       12-03-2006, 6:46 PM Reply   
i know. i am a loser, but at least i could be of some entertainment value! thanks for accolades micahel!
Old     (justridin)      Join Date: Oct 2002       12-03-2006, 9:41 PM Reply   
Great post tdc.

If TK is a mc dealer or employee then he deserves some respect for his commitment to the team. If he is an avid mc owner, get a grip, it's just a boat brand, not a religion.

Fun reading but we can move on now, the preceeding is just water over the bow.....
Old     (nautyboy)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-04-2006, 12:20 AM Reply   
Rusty landed his second 1080 behind a Malibu. Huh, makes you wonder...
Old     (owenwako)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-04-2006, 3:35 AM Reply   
i dont understand what TK is on about, if the towboat for PWT was any brand, the pro's would practice behind this boat to get used to the wake.

thats what it comes down too
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       12-04-2006, 9:17 AM Reply   
To be honest I don't think the Pro Tour is that big a factor in pros riding behind it. I may get a few guys that normally ride 210's to come out and ride a day or so before since the wakes are really different. But, I can't say that guys are freaking out to ride behind the boat that is pulling a tournament. The Nationals are Nautique, The Worlds are Malibu, and The Gravity Games are Supra. Those are all huge titles with huge money. The Gravity Games is 25K for first place, but I didn't see guys scrambling to get sets behind a Supra. Pros ride what they like, period, just like most people do if they have a choice.
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-04-2006, 9:20 AM Reply   
travis, what are you and murray using at the camp for 07?
Old     (crowmobe540)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-04-2006, 11:59 AM Reply   
Travis has a mc and Shaun has a cc. they use both and both can go off behind either.

When I talked to watson he was saying he liked the old 210 better than the new. He also said his favorite in the new line was the 236. They sac'd it out and it looked pretty big. He said the wake was somewhere between the mc and bu.

I guess when you have been riding as hard as those guys do for so long maybe a longer tranny becomes more important to you as well. I mean the riders give input to the boat companies on what they want changed. Maybe after all the knee injuries the general concensus is to move toward a longer transition and away from the steep and narrow. it makes sense.

IMO, I still want the old nauti.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-04-2006, 12:30 PM Reply   
I think the pros ride in the boat that has gas.
Worm you are right on half of the things you said but... If spinning board racks were invented by Titan then why is MC getting the patent? The fact that CC says they invented the Tower? give me a break they were just quick enough to name it something other than a Tuna tower for fishing.
Yes Cobalt had a picklefork MC was just the first to use it in a wakeboat. Kinda like the Tower thing CC did. 3 event skiers like Freddy, depend on a straight, no give, powerful pull with a small wake as well. 3 eventers are probably the pickiest people out there on the water. The speaker cans, MC puts them on at the factory CC does not. CC's are aftermarket and so is the warranty on the speakers as well as boat covers and the trailers. You have to deal with aftermarket companies not CC as a customer on these items.
Tk is a little extreme, maybe he is a dealer? If not he ought to contact MC to be one. He would be one loyal SOB.
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       12-04-2006, 3:59 PM Reply   
Epic boats.
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-04-2006, 4:16 PM Reply   
epic is over rated and i say that cus ive tested one and after riding others since then i realised it doesnt stand up to the hype. i gave it a decent review on here but i definately think there some issues that need to be fixed. and sayin epic boats when you got people arguing about mc and cc is kinda ballsy (sp?) dont ya think
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       12-04-2006, 5:27 PM Reply   
Ballsy is my middle name.

I really don't get the whole my boat is better than yours thing. If Rusty pulled a 1080 behind a new Epic do you think everyone would go out and buy an Epic?

Maybe they would considering some of the postings I have read on the site. I didn't buy my boat based on what a Pro is ridding behind. I bought it because I like that boat.

I hope the next 1080 is behind a non top 3 boat.

Why is there always some MasterCraft owner or owners that have to regurgitate stupid so called facts to prove to this site that there boat is the best. Who cares you have a MasterCraft. Who cares you think your resale value is better that everyone else. Who cares you paid a ton of money for your boat, cause you can afford to and your proud of that fact.
Old     (san210nut)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-05-2006, 6:56 AM Reply   
Sanger was using the boat picklefork in ski applications over 35 years ago along with Brendel.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-05-2006, 9:41 AM Reply   
Ralph Samuelson used leather bindings.
Old     (san210nut)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-05-2006, 10:15 AM Reply   
Didn't he use wooden skiis too?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-05-2006, 10:27 AM Reply   
I dont know if this is off subject because I havent read all the post's Here is my question

Who buys a boat (brand) because a sertan pro rides behind it.
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-05-2006, 10:36 AM Reply   
you gotta be crazy to buy a boat just cus a pro rides it. wouldnt that be a lil creepy? i guess that same person would be rockin their pros board set up too? and that could transition to the question, who only buys boards and boots by the same company because they cant mix and match? ive met a few people that hate on others that mix and match gear, kinda silly
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-05-2006, 11:01 AM Reply   
The pros ride boats that they get paid to ride on.
-- almost useless info
The comps drive boats that they get paid to drive.
-- almost useless info

You can build a "comp" quality wake on almost any boat. Whats important is HOW easily the wake is built and HOW the boat drives afterwards -- this effects the average user in time/space/safety/comfort/money.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-05-2006, 11:29 AM Reply   
GD wrote: "You can build a "comp" quality wake on almost any boat. Whats important is HOW easily the wake is built and HOW the boat drives afterwards -- this effects the average user in time/space/safety/comfort/money."

I don't know if that is true anymore. It certainly used to be true in the ski hull based boats but now where manf's are optimising hulls for wake it seems some boats produce good wakes with small amounts of ballast but don't get much bigger as you apply more and more weight. Case in point we just setup a SV211 for a comp last weekend, it was good with factory ballast & a little lead. When we slammed it for the open divisions it didn't get much better. Great shape but on the small side considering how much weight we put in it.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-05-2006, 11:32 AM Reply   
Hey Bling it, tell that to all the Rednecks driving MONTE CARLOS and yelling, EARNHARDT RULES!!!
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-05-2006, 11:57 AM Reply   
Billy: You got a good point I guess thats what the Centurion Nascar edition boats are all about.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-05-2006, 12:08 PM Reply   
I can just see some Redneck in his Rusty Wallace Centurion come zinging by on a tube wearing cutoffs and one of those hats with a beer on each side sporting a brown fishing type life vest. His wife would be driving sitting on the headrest of the drivers seat, wearing a Rebel Flag bikini yelling at her son to quit kissing his sister while he's chewing tobacco.
How does a redneck count?
ONE
TWO
EARNHARDT
FOUR.