Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 20, 2005

Old     (bassmanjoshis)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-25-2005, 1:09 PM Reply   
At the beginning of this month, I injured my knee boarding. They have told me it's MCL for sure. It's been torn, but we are certain as to how bad so far...I have the MRI on monday though so we will know for sure by then. The physiotherapist said that My ACL was stretched as well, but doesn't think it's torn luckily but advises me to get a good brace for doing things like running for now and boarding, any sports basically. So I know that unfortunately there are a lot of you out there that have done basically the same thing. So I was wondering if you guys have any suggestions about the braces I should look into. Need to get somethign heavy duty i guess b/c i'm a bigger guy. Any pics/names/links would be very helpful. Thanks a lot!
Old    tommcat            08-25-2005, 1:57 PM Reply   
most people use Donjoy and my first brace was one of theirs but i didnt like it that much. right now i'm using one from Innovation Sports and i really like it. I'm also a hockey goalie and it fits comfortably under my pads, which the donjoy did not.
hope this helps
tom

this is the one i'm using right now
http://www.isports.com/newproducts/flex.htm
Old     (gtaussie15)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-25-2005, 3:38 PM Reply   
CTi2 knee brace! I dont need one cus i excercise and work out my knees when im not in the water, but my friends say there awesome. Expensive, but if you really need it, med insurance will pay for it.
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-25-2005, 3:52 PM Reply   
Yep, if you dr. says you need one, have him prescribe you one so that insurance can cover it. Most off the shelf braces aren't worth a *&%^ and custom braces cost well over 1k.

I have the Donjoy Defiance, but would go with a CTi2 if given a choice.
Old    martini            08-25-2005, 4:01 PM Reply   
CTI2 by innovation sports...

i do specific workouts as well for my knee's and no knee brace will stop an injury form happening. But, i can tell you this! i will not ride moto or wakeboard without my CTI2 braces on period.
Old     (gnelson)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-25-2005, 10:01 PM Reply   
So is the CTI2 the one with the above link. It says its by IS but I cant find the model CTI2 anywhere on that page.

I will be having surgery in Sep (torn ACL, meniscus, and partialy torn MCL) and have heard a lot of good things about CTI2. This seems like the one to go with.
Old     (gnelson)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-25-2005, 10:05 PM Reply   
Other than easing your mind is it helpful to wear a brace on your good knee to prevent major injury.
Old    tommcat            08-26-2005, 4:41 AM Reply   
the link i posted is for the Flex brace. here is the link directly to the CTI2
http://www.isports.com/by_cust.htm