Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 20, 2005

Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       08-28-2005, 11:12 PM Reply   
I mean I like alot of sports, Basketball is my favorite. But I dont think about it all the time!! I mean when I first got up on a board last summer its all I could think about. It's wierd, this sport really gets under your skin. Not just the boarding either, its being out on the water in a nice boat with friends and some good food and drinks..heck I dont know
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-28-2005, 11:33 PM Reply   
Maybe it's because you can always feed your hunger for basketball. Wakeboarding has alot of variables that leave you only thinking about the sport (i.e., availability of a ride, seasons, water conditions, etc.). Heck, it's 2:30 AM and I'm on WakeWorld when I have to be in class in about 6 hours. I'm fiending to hit the lake. If I could go 24/7, I believe I would.
Old     (ethomass)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-29-2005, 12:09 AM Reply   
Well tongith was one of my first nights back to college. And i had about three offers to go wakeboarding. (from team members) So i guess im gonn have to forget practice and go wakeboarding. Everyone wants to learn. Its addicting becasue theres always something to do. Put your own style to it. Thats just how it is done.
Old     (jason_ssr)      Join Date: Apr 2001       08-29-2005, 9:03 AM Reply   
Wakeboarding is addicting because when you first start riding it seems limitless to what you can do, and you have the freedom on the water to do it. Wakeboarding is easy, and you are only limited by your willingness to take lumps.

However, you are limited as you can only go where the boat goes and can only go as high as you can load the rope. you need a boat, some smooth water deep enough for a boat to get into with no obsticles. You need other people, and a full tank of gas at $3.00/gal. The next step is kiteboarding where you need none of that. you can ride anywhere and everything you need travels easily on a car or plane. Then you are really free, and can jump as high as you have guts to go. You can ride flat water, chop, or even waves. All you need is some wind.
Old     (wakechic06)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-29-2005, 9:25 AM Reply   
Same here. I play softball, basketball, snowboarding, and just anything really, but wakeboarding is the one sport i think about constantly.

Ok get this i had a dream last night that school had started and my and my friend who is like 30 something was in my class and our teacher let us wakeboard down the hall. But he was on a skate, and me and someone else were on our wakeboards and he flew throught the door. Then i found out i didnt have screws for my bindings but i still rode. It was a weird dream!!

But anyway, i think about wakeboarding constantly and im always on WW lookin at stuff. Its definatly the greatest sport ever!

Jamie
Old     (eaglejackson)      Join Date: Oct 2004       08-29-2005, 9:40 AM Reply   
Wakeboarding is like snowboarding in powder, or cleaning a technical trail on a mountain bike, or windsurfing on a shortboard in good wind. They are all addicting experiences.
Old    mile_high_rider            08-29-2005, 11:22 AM Reply   
I used to be addicted to my car. but all i did was drive fast, hard and then spend all my money fixing broken wakeboarding You hold the key to geting better, you cant just swipe the visa and bolt on more skill. This is a sport, just like most others were the person with the highest credit limit is not nessecarily the best.
Old     (just_board)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-29-2005, 1:58 PM Reply   
amen chris.

amen.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-29-2005, 2:18 PM Reply   
Only being able to wakeboard five months out of the year, and not that often during those months, I am constantly itching to get out on the water. When I'm not on the lake, my addiction to wakeboarding turns into an addiction to Wakeworld.com
Old     (wakebrdrnc)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-29-2005, 2:22 PM Reply   
I am addicted to wakeboarding to. I thought it was the act of wakeboarding but I truely believe it is the friendships and bonds I have made while wakeboarding. I was out for a month last summer with a blown ear drum. I was still on the boat 4 days a week. I live within an hour of 8 lakes in North Carolina and ride at Falls the most. But I feel like I have a family at every one of the other lakes. I told one of my wakeboarding buddies last week that I used to keep my wakeboarding frineds and my real friends seperat. Now my wakeboarding friends are my real friends. Just my $.02
Old     (jhertz27)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-29-2005, 2:42 PM Reply   
Wakeboarding to me is so addicting because it has so much potential. I mean yea skiing can be fun for the first ten times you cut back and forth but wakeboarding there is just so much to try and learn. i don't know about everyone but the rush of landing a new move is amazing enough, let alone being with your boys (and chicks) having a good time on the water blaring your stereo making each other better.
Old     (ashleyo)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-29-2005, 3:48 PM Reply   
Wakeboarding is so addicting because theres always something new to do. and when you learn new tricks you get this rush to want to do it again. its like nothing I've ever felt before and I love it.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-29-2005, 4:31 PM Reply   
they put crack in the bindings on their way over from china, it infuses into the rubber and then it transfers into your skin
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       08-29-2005, 5:11 PM Reply   
I think I just like the whole experience....Being out on the water in the sun with my firends and family checking out all the hot chicks...Seriously when you think about it there are only a few hot chicks some ok ones and the rest ummm well lets not go there.....boarding and Wakesurfing is really fun to...when the water gets to choppy we just pull out the wake Surf and we can still have a blast. Or just lay out and tan or swim have a brewski Man I wish summer was just starting....where does the time go?
Old     (hires_55)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-29-2005, 10:49 PM Reply   
I don't even care why I'm addicted all I care about is when can I get back on the water. I've canceled dates because I had an offer to go ride. Gotta find me a boy who rides so he gets it when I have to cancel....better yet a boy w/ a boat!
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       08-29-2005, 11:39 PM Reply   
Im a boy with a boat!!!!!!!!!!!
Old     (hires_55)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-30-2005, 9:35 AM Reply   
Yeah, but you live in OR....I need to keep it local.
Old     (jiujitsuabs)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-30-2005, 10:21 AM Reply   
I have dreams all the time about wakeboarding.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-30-2005, 10:24 AM Reply   
Wakeboarding is not addicting it just becomes a way of life for us.
Old    superfresh            08-30-2005, 12:18 PM Reply   
well dan that is an easy question-- bumpin boats, bumpins babes and dudes, generally cool cats all around, and most of all-- the whole fam can do it(oh yeah-- way better than breakin boans over dirt)! Were'nt we talking about it @ lunch? Anyways, cya out Friday peace bro