Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    ScottRobinson            05-25-2011, 8:46 AM Reply   
Ok, where can I find one of these? Hoping to find a used one but struggling to find anything. Any help is appreciated.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-25-2011, 9:03 AM Reply   
A used one is going to be pretty hard if not impossible to find as there are not all that many out there!
Inland Surfer acquired the Flyboy brand and the new boards will be hitting the streets soon. Keep an eye on Inland's site or Towanza's site to get your order in.
Old    ScottRobinson            05-25-2011, 9:09 AM Reply   
I don't even see them on the Towanza's link. or Inlands link...am I missing something....I thought that I was looking for a Flyboy maybe I am wrong with the name? New to that just read alot of reviews saying this is the board....hmmm See Red Woody's and things like that just don't see the name FLYBOY anywhere. What am I missing...lol God I hate being "that guy" but I can't find crap on this damn internet!!
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-25-2011, 9:58 AM Reply   
Maybe this will clear it up:
http://flyboywakesurf.com/buy
or
http://www.inlandsurfer.com/flyboypress.htm
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-25-2011, 10:08 AM Reply   
They are not on either site yet because they are not for sale yet. I have one of the original FB and there is no way I would sell it The FB is awesome.
Old    surfdad            05-25-2011, 10:10 AM Reply   
I have one and you don't! nah, nah, nah, nah, nahhhh Sorry I had to. The boards should hit retailers the first part of June, but you can preoder one at ANY dealer that carries Inland Surfer products.

CALL or EMAIL Mitch at Cal Marine Sports and they can hook you up.

I just got off the phone with Mark Sher who is down with the folks doing the Centurion photo shoot. Keenan Flegal got a chance to ride the production board behind a 24 foot right surf Enzo and Mark told me that the video is amazing.

Drop me a PM if you need more assistance and thanks for the props.

Last edited by surfdad; 05-25-2011 at 10:17 AM.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-25-2011, 10:17 AM Reply   
California Marine Sports is taking pre orders for the Flyboy. We are still running our West Coast Wakesurf Open specials all week.

PM, email, or give me a call
Old    ScottRobinson            05-25-2011, 10:19 AM Reply   
Tim

Thanks that does clear it up. I may have to wait until I sell a few things to buy this board, or decide to go with a different board.
Old     (johnboyy7)      Join Date: Apr 2011       05-25-2011, 8:29 PM Reply   
join the crowd. i want one too. badly.
Old     (CarFanatic5)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-01-2011, 6:58 AM Reply   
I currently have a IS sweet spot, but my biggest complaint is that is pearls to easily.. I ready the flyboy is similar, but doesn't pearl as easily.. any truths to this?
Old    surfdad            06-01-2011, 7:25 AM Reply   
Hey Brendan, thanks for the question. In my experience pearling behind the boat comes from two distinct issues. One is someone that is a bit big for the board/wae combination they are trying to ride and so shift weight forward until the nose buries. The other, which I think you fall into, is that a too flat nose rocker can cause pearling when the board is ridden hard. The Sweet Spot, along with a number of IS boards, don't really have a nose rocker, it's more of a nose flip in the last few inches. When you are riding the board hard, as I suspect you are, you need some curvature from your front foot to the nose so that it interfaces with the curve of the wake and also away from the flats.

The Flyboy board has a definitive nose and tail rocker, although it's rather shallow. The apex of the board, the area where the nose rocker changes to tail rocker, is just about under your front foot, rather than just the the last few inches. This will allow folks to turn harder and be more agressive without jamming the nose.

That's not to say the board can't be pearled, try hanging 10 and you'll see It isn't quite as suspectible to the pearling issue as a board with just a nose flip when riddden hard. This is a picture of Keenan Flegal on the production Flyboy that Jeff Page took from the Centurion Photo shoot, he seems able to ride it fairly hard and aggressively.
Attached Images

Old     (CarFanatic5)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-01-2011, 7:32 AM Reply   
yes, I nose dive when I begin to ride harder, coming down the surface of the wave more so then anything. I find my self having to keep most of my weight on the back of the board to keep the nose clean. Any idea when the production models are going to be available? I'm really interested in one. I do like the speed of the sweet spot though.
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       06-01-2011, 8:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarFanatic5 View Post
I currently have a IS sweet spot, but my biggest complaint is that is pearls to easily.. I ready the flyboy is similar, but doesn't pearl as easily.. any truths to this?

Sweet Spot
I had this issue when I 1st started riding my Sweet Spot because my stance was to wide. I found that when I didn't put my front foot more than a few inches in front of the "wave" on the traction that I did not pearl the board anymore.

FlyBoy: ride this board every week and have never pearled it.

FYI: these boards do not ride at all alike. Both are great boards.
Old     (CarFanatic5)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-01-2011, 8:08 AM Reply   
I keep my foot just in front of the logo.. like I said it only sinks on me when I get more aggressive.
Old     (dreamer)      Join Date: Nov 2008       06-07-2011, 8:14 AM Reply   
When are these boards going to arrive at dealers?
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-07-2011, 9:41 AM Reply   
JS, hopefully late July
Old     (CarFanatic5)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-07-2011, 10:32 AM Reply   
man why are these so late to market, season is now! looks like I'll be in the market for one next year...
Old     (johnboyy7)      Join Date: Apr 2011       06-07-2011, 10:57 AM Reply   
seriously. originally didnt they say june? now LATE july. thats very disappointing. what seems to be the hold up since clearly james has been riding one for months?
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-07-2011, 1:27 PM Reply   
Def a bummer so late, but I am sure they wanted to get it out earlier. The flyboy uses a whole new construction and has tight tolerances, I am sure they are just making sure that the finished product is as good as it can be.
Old     (johnboyy7)      Join Date: Apr 2011       06-07-2011, 1:53 PM Reply   
i would be okay with riding one the "not for sale" versions til they get mine ready.