Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 08, 2008

Old     (afplt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-20-2008, 4:56 PM Reply   
I'm looking at buying a 2007 Sanger V215 and would just like some input on peoples opinions on the company and boat. Is there anything else out there that I could get new comparable to quality and price of the Sangers?
Old     (deltaridah)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-20-2008, 5:28 PM Reply   
their sweet boats i love mine. For the price you cant go wrong. Just get perfect pass and the black scorpian motor its the 350 hp. if it heats up were your at get a bimini.
Old     (afplt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-20-2008, 6:14 PM Reply   
Yeah, I was planning on all of that, any idea why Marinemax isn't going to be selling them after the 2007 models?
Old     (brownman)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-20-2008, 6:40 PM Reply   
Shane,
You'll likely get a lot of Sanger owners posting to this question. I have noticed that folks tend to toot their own horns about favorite brands etc.
That being said, I am a Sanger owner (v215) and I can't be happier. It took me about a year to buy the boat because I knew I would have my v-drive for a long time. I looked at Moomba's, Tige's, and Centurions and drove them all. Dollar for dollar, my Sanger couldn't be beat. Its fully loaded, triple ballast, perfect pass the works. I got it for a steal. The company has been great, the boat is rock solid and the wake is comparable.
I have a buddy that just bought a Calabria, another buddy that has a Malibu and another with an X-star. Those are all nice boats (none of which i could afford), but i've got to tell you the wake behind my boat is comparable and it out handles all those others hands down.
MarineMax and Sanger had somewhat of a falling out. I've heard it first hand that Sanger pulled out because of Marinemax's philosophy. Basically, MMax want to pretty much own you and tell you how to merchandise etc. Sanger is pretty much a small company with a product that speaks for itself. After grousing about how the relationship should work, Sanger basically pulled out.
Do yourself a favor and keep pricing the boats, drive a few and see for yourself if you think the boats in that price class handle like a Sanger, or if that extra 20k in price is worth the wake you'll get. For me and my family, we're very, very happy.
Let me know if you pick up a Sanger, would love to see some pics.

Troy
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-20-2008, 6:52 PM Reply   
Do a search on Sanger you'll come up with a load of threads and people that love theirs, yes I'm one of them. I've yet to see any negative feedback from owners here on WW.
Old     (afplt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-21-2008, 1:32 PM Reply   
Thanks to everyone who wrote back! There is a possibility I may be moving out of CA and moving to TX, does anyone know how difficult it is to find people who can work on a Sanger outside of CA?
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-21-2008, 1:39 PM Reply   
I think I heard there is a new Sanger dealer in TX.
Old     (pfort)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-21-2008, 2:04 PM Reply   
There is a Sanger dealer in Houston, Dallas-Nortex and they are also just opened a new location in Austin.
Old     (afplt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-21-2008, 2:07 PM Reply   
Awesome, you guys should all work for Sanger because I think you just sold me a boat, HA!
Old     (pfort)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-21-2008, 2:10 PM Reply   
The guys up at Nortex are good people. Where in Texas are you possibly moving to?
Old     (afplt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-21-2008, 2:54 PM Reply   
del rio, ever heard of it? HA
Old     (pfort)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-21-2008, 3:52 PM Reply   
Yes, Del Rio is out there!! What is in Del Rio, work?
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-21-2008, 4:00 PM Reply   
Shane, the driveline is Mercruiser so you can get it worked on virtually anywhere. I didn't buy the V215, I bought the D215. However, the V215 was the best handling v drive I tested, and I drove most of them.
My wife and kids love the ride and the looks.
Old     (afplt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-21-2008, 4:01 PM Reply   
Yeah, work, but they do have a lake. Lake Amistad so I can't complain!
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-22-2008, 12:02 PM Reply   
Sangers are solid and a great all around boat, a can't miss boat.
Old     (afplt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-22-2008, 6:41 PM Reply   
wow, not one bad comment yet, I figured this would turn into a huge debate, Sanger must make a good boat.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-22-2008, 7:34 PM Reply   
i dont own one but sanger makes a great boat. there are some things that i dont like about them but are all cosmetic. the wake behind a sanger may look like its not compareable to a BU,MC, or Nauti but go ride behind one and youll be very surprised. i really like riding behind sangers.
Old     (uofamox)      Join Date: Feb 2007       04-22-2008, 7:37 PM Reply   
Sanger has a great reputation for quality and has a very loyal following out in CA...of course they also are built 20 min away from me so there alot of people who have friendships with all the employees.
Old     (skier86)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-24-2008, 10:51 AM Reply   
Shane, have you seen the movie " No country for old men" thats what Del Rio is like but life will be good if you have a Sanger.
Old     (sanddragon2004)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-24-2008, 12:38 PM Reply   
how fast can the d215s go with a 350hp motor?

any of you guys able to crack 65? i mean unloaded no balast but with your wakeprop?

whats your redline at top speed?

ive driven a 210 and man that thing hauled ass with the 300hp motor.
Old     (wakeshoe)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-24-2008, 12:51 PM Reply   
Shane,
If you want a debate, ask the question what would you get, a Sanger, Supra, Malibu, etc., and I can assure you there will be great debate. But asking for opinions on any single boat you typically don't see people ragging against a boat. Pretty much all boats today are solid and have a steady stream of people who love their brand. Sanger, being a much smaller boat manufacturer, doesn't seem to have followers as much as evangelists. Sanger owners seem to feel the need to justify their purchases.

I can tell you the only bad comment I saw about Sanger was in a recent post by a Malibu guy saying he was so glad he dumped his Sanger and he loves his Malibu. Something about the Sanger not handling weight well. No info on year, make or model so it was more a "I love my Bu" than anything. I have ridden in and driven Sangers and I think they are as good as anything out there.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-24-2008, 1:25 PM Reply   
Andy, my D215 will do 45 with the 330 so the 350 might get an extra 1-2 mph. 65 would be easy if I just use the bolt on hydrofoils or the JATO pack.
Shane, it's not so much evangelists as cult members. Upload See, you're liking them more already...
I think the folks at Saturn cars are trying to do the same thing. No, they might be aheady because they alread have a whole series of cook books from their owners.
Hey, who wants to write a Sanger cook book? I've got an old family recipe for applesauce cookies I could put it.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-24-2008, 1:38 PM Reply   
Let's do a cocktail book instead. I'll start take Miller Lite a hint of lime and some salt. Oh wait that's Miller Chill

Did everyone else get their cool aid packets from Scott Pellaton?
Old     (afplt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-24-2008, 5:03 PM Reply   
Ok, now that everyone has me convinced, what should I be paying for a new 2007, I'm looking for the triple balast, perfect pass, of course the tower, and dual battery. I've seen 43,999 on line with those options. I want to do my own thing with the stereo and speakers so I don't need that. Any input? ...Oh, Hate N Pain...Tequila and Coke, that's all you need to know.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-24-2008, 5:58 PM Reply   
Shane, check into this one. Everything you want except dual batteries. It is also an 08.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/boa/650653639.html
Old     (scott_nor_cal_syndicate)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-25-2008, 7:15 AM Reply   
Shane my buddy just moved to Del Rio and took his sanger V-210 with him
He loves the lake their and loves his sanger even more. you just cannot go wrong with that boat.
Thats why i bought my sanger last year.

www.wakesiderides.com/rides/index.php?page=out&id=2743
Old     (afplt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-25-2008, 2:46 PM Reply   
Scott, awesome pic, is that Lake Berryessa? What is your friend doing in Del Rio?