Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 30, 2005

Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       10-06-2005, 3:35 PM Reply   
Is this for real?? Seems like some kind of scammer.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2003-Mastercraft-X-2-Ski-and-Wakeboard-Boat_W0QQitemZ7187910551QQcategoryZ23822QQrdZ1QQcm dZViewItem
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-06-2005, 3:37 PM Reply   
you know the saying, if it's too good to be true....
Old     (twitch)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-06-2005, 4:02 PM Reply   
thinking about bidding on this

actually bidding though not going through his email

Old     (michale)      Join Date: May 2004       10-06-2005, 4:04 PM Reply   
right click on one of the pictures and then click on properties.The pictures are copied from boats.com. That should tell you something. M.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-06-2005, 4:06 PM Reply   
gotta say, I have a hard time buying that...
Old     (melissad)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-06-2005, 4:09 PM Reply   
He can't access his account mail, yet he can access aol mail? Yeah that sounds legit.
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-06-2005, 4:14 PM Reply   
Same boat, same scam. They'll ask for a money order and Ebay will release the boat from their warehouse, yada yada yada. Ebay will drop the auction in no time. Feel free to mess with the Nigerian sitting in a coffee shop acting like he's from England with the poorest english known to man waiting for your money.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-06-2005, 4:29 PM Reply   
That's an awesome deal... go for it Dude!!!
Old     (tigebob)      Join Date: Apr 2004       10-06-2005, 4:47 PM Reply   
yeah its a scam for sure, i got the usual email

Dear Sir ,

First I would like to tell you that I am in United Kingdom* and the boat is in Square Trade's custody in US the boat will be shipped from there on my expence .
The boat is like new , in perfect condition . I am selling this boat because the shipping to Europe will cost me to much .I have this boat from my father in law .The Buy it now price is $5,900 . I will sell the boat to the first one that makes a 2,950 $ deposit through Square Trade .
To be fair with all possible buyers I will sell the boat to the first buyer that will arange the Square Trade deposit payment . If you are able to make the payment today or tomorrow you will be the next owner of this boat .

Terms,Conditions Shipping and handling:

The shipping address must be provided before sending the deposit payment. The boat will be shipped through* JC MOTORS or DAS Shipping Company . The boat will only be sent after receiving the deposit payment. I agreed with eBay Square Trade to send my boat to its warehouse since I am not in US .
This way, both sides (seller and buyer) are insured by eBay.

Payment:

If you will offer the buy it now price I will suport all the shipping from the warehouse to your address .

For the deposit payment i would like to use eBay Square Trade as a third party . They will keep your money until you get the boat and will release it to me upon delivery .

Here are my name and address you need for the payment in case you decide to buy the boat :

Michael Sussman
22 Merton High Street
London SW19 1DN
United Kingdom

The boat is ready for shipment, i just need the payment confirmation from Square Trade with the transfer's details and the boat will be delivered to your address.
REFUND-After the boat arrives, you have a 7 days period for inspection. If the boat is different than the way i've described it, 100% refund - transfer fees and the boat will be shipped back to the warehouse on my expence. Anyway, i don't think it will be necesary, you'll love this boat from very first moment you'll see it.
Buy with confidence!
I will have pay for an insurance to eBay Square Trade as proof my trustworthiness.
Thanks for the conceded time .
I am looking forward to your reply.

Michael Sussman
Old     (jzd)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-06-2005, 5:14 PM Reply   
Seen this on 7 different listings they are only up for two days.Something like "don't go thru ebay because he'll not get the message in time".It's pretty smelly stuff !
Old     (steve_b)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-06-2005, 5:30 PM Reply   
I am having a fantastic time with this guy. I'll post shortly.
Old     (jhertz27)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-06-2005, 6:26 PM Reply   
Man, its a scam for sure. Me and my buddy were actually thinking about it, before we searched for articles all over the internet. All the same scam saying how Square Trade will refund and all that sh**. Here are some links for the articles.

http://www.infopackets.com/channels/en/windows/gazette/2005/20050614_alert_ebay_and_squaretrade_scam_part_2.ht m

http://www.infopackets.com/channels/en/windows/gazette/2004/20041027_alert_ebay_and_squaretrade_scam.htm

Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       10-06-2005, 8:31 PM Reply   
I just sent him an email to his aol email addy and told him I wanted the boat, will pay cash when I come pick it up. Told him I was not familiar with the location of "Square Trade" as listed as the location of the item. Lets see what the idiot says.
Old     (twitch)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-06-2005, 9:18 PM Reply   
ITEM REMOVED!
Old     (gtaussie15)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-06-2005, 10:21 PM Reply   
yeh, that add pops up about once every week, sometimes its a prostar, but anyways he claims the boat is in a warehouse owned by ebay and that he will have it delivered once we make the payment....something like that. Ebay doesnt have a warehouse, and wouldnt he have to sign the title over to you?